July 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy after Loss

I just found out the past Sunday that I'm pregnant following the loss of our first baby at the beginning of August. I want to be excited but I'm so terrified I'll have a miscarriage again so is DH. How do I get past the fear?

Re: Pregnancy after Loss

• Options
    First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I think this will always be a real fear for you since you have been through what would be considered significant emotional trauma. Try to tell yourself that worrying won't change the outcome of your pregnancy and instead be grateful for each day you are pregnant. Best of luck to you.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    What PP said ^^^ Welcome and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PP is correct! Miscarriages are not something you can do anything to prevent. If the body recognizes a problem in the pregnancy and deems it non-viable, it will unfortunately happen. The minority of miscarriages happen because of uterine (or other) issues in the mother. So, really, remember that the odds are in your favor. You have an 80+% chance that this baby will be born :) Take it one day at a time. I'm pregnant today, that's all that matters. I wish you a very healthy and happy 9 months!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hey Girl, i'm with ya, we lost our first in July after doubling hcg levels we found out at our 8 week ultrasound that our baby didn't have a heartbeat and proceeded with having a missed miscarriage. I just found out yesterday that we are in for round two but hopefully with our desired results. I too want to be excited but feel cautious about getting devastating news again. Thinking of you :)
  • Options
    In the exact same boat. In May I had my first US at 10w. My biggest concern going in there was finding out if it was twins? In stead I found out there was no heartbeat and had stopped growing around 8w we were completely heart broken. Second time round I'm now 4w5d and absolutely petrified. I'm trying to stay positive with the mindset that lightning never strikes in the same place twice! My dr has also requested a scan at 6-7w to make sure all is progressing normally. Until then I've decided to use the digital tests that tell you how far along you are for the next few weeks. If I know my HCG is rising it'll just put my mind at ease. So far so good, have just upped the bracket to '2-3'weeks. There's a really great forum on here for people currently in our situation, being pregnant after a loss. I've found it so helpful. So good to hear from others who are going through the same thing.
  • Options
    leitch2bleitch2b member
    edited October 2015
    Congrats on your news! I just found out tonight that we are pregnant for the 3rd time. However, one pregnancy ended in a miscarriage on New Years Day 2015. I feel your fear! I'm so afraid that somethings going to happen already and I just found out. I'll hopefully encourage you as I encourage myself--stay positive and pray for the baby starting now! God bless and good luck with your pregnancy!
  • Options
    The fear is REAL and never really goes away, but I just remind myself that that just comes with love. I'm not going to stop worrying about my baby even if he/she finally makes it into the world. Miscarriage sucks. I've had 4 m/c and each time I've been anxious all the way through. This time I'm just taking it a day at a time and praying through the worry. It's much easier not to dwell on the what-ifs. They will just make you crazy. Best wishes to you and all the other PGaL girls here!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy (both previous ones ending in miscarriage) and I'm still afraid but I remember that right now I am pregnant. I don't think the fear will ever go away but I feel like creating a positive and stress free environment can really help! (of course stress doesn't go away but as much as you can) I hope that this pregnancy goes smoothly for you!!

@AlwaysAuntAlmostMom where have you been my whole life?! I needed to hear that today! You are AWESOME
  • Options
    Well, you're definitely not alone in this! My mc was in May, and it's all I can do to not stress about this one. We just have to stay focused on being positive, healthy and happy for our little ones!
  • Options
    ivahdivaivahdiva member
    edited October 2015
    I've had 2 miscarriages, no successful births yet, and I'm also terrified. The first loss was Dec. 2013 and the second was May 2014. My doctor is testing hcg and prog. weekly to monitor baby. We have our first ultrasound on Nov. 23 and I am so nervous but so excited to get to that point. The first time we shared the news with family because of the miscarriage. The second time we shared with everyone for the extra prayers. This time we are hoping to share this blessing around Thanksgiving or maybe even wait till Christmas to get out of the first trimester. We can do this! Prayers for both our little pumpkins!
  • Options
    @jessdes15 thanks for the tip on the other forum! I did go over there for a bit last night but found that it was making me a bit sad so I think I'll stay on this board until I get past our first u/s, you know, to keep my mindset as positive as possible!! but after that I'm sure I'll be frequenting between this board and that one.

It's so comforting to hear that you guys know what i'm going through and together we can be positive and hopeful! My first beta is on Nov 1st and i'll find out after that when they will schedule my ultrasound, i'll keep you posted!

• Options
    Yes! Let us know of any changes!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just found out about that I'm pregnant for the 4th time, my first 3 all ended in miscarriage. I'm anxious, but trying to be patient. I'm trying to think in terms of "if" I miscarry instead of "when" but still "if" I carry to term instead of "when"
    Just trying to protect myself. We'll see if it works.
    Best of luck to all of you!
  • Options
    kimw3kimw3 member
    edited October 2015
    I have also had 2 miscarriages, one was last month. It is really hard not to worry! Fingers crossed for all of us in this situation!
  • Options
    I am sorry for everyone's losses. I had one too on Valentine's Day which also happens to be my hubby's birthday.

Here's to staying positive & sticky babies!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    jrmahlerjrmahler member
    edited October 2015
    Thank you everyone for your words of kindness! I'm sorry for everyone who has lost a baby. My struggle the last few days is to wait a while or make my first appointment now. I kind of want to have them monitor my hcg levels starting soon but Idk
  • Options
    My doctor is having me do blood work twice this week to measure quants I think. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to stop a miscarriage if it's going to happen. I'm just going to hope for nice and sticky pregnancies for all of us :)
  • Options
    I'm pregnant after a loss in May. I conveniently have my annual exam already scheduled for tomorrow. 
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• Options
    agu1414agu1414 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm in the exact same boat as you even with dates. I had a miscarriage august 5th and just found out Saturday I am pregnant as well. I am nervous as well but I can't help but be extremely excited. I am trying my best to maintain a positive attitude that things will be ok this time. I go for my second beta pregnancy test tomorrow to see if my numbers are doubling
  • Options
    Hi everyone - I am in the same boat as well. I lost my first pregnancy in late May and found out that I am now pregnant again, It is terrifying and I feel so anxious about "when I am going to miscarry". I found out last week that I do have a uterine abnormality. My first scan (6 weeks last week) went well and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. The nurse also said that my blood work looks great. I really just want to meet my sweet baby come July.
  • Options
    Hey there! I feel ya! I had my second miscarriage back in July and just found out Monday I am pregnant. I'm both terrified and excited. It definitely is a hard to fear to shake. (((HUGS))) Like others have said, there isn't much you can do to prevent things so take it day by day. Try not to worry and stress because thats not good for you and the little bean. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    MC @ 5w Aug. 2011, MC @ 4w4d July 2015. Expecting again......stick baby stick!!!!
    ~Chihuahua momma~
  • Options
    I lost my first pregnancy in Feb.  There are quite a few PGAL ladies on this board.  They have already been a tremendous support for me.  We've been keeping a few threads going.

FX for sticky babies for you ladies.   

I have my next US on Monday.  This week's was good so trying not to stress too much.  
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    The fear is so real. I miscarried at 8 weeks in September (we found out a few days prior it stopped growing at 6.5 weeks) and found out last week that we are pregnant again. I'm really nervous but trying to choose joy every day. I had a friend who has been through something similar and her advice to me was to separate the loss and trauma from this pregnancy because the new pregnancy deserves that. That hit me hard and is something I'm trying to remember. It's not always easy but one day at a time.
  • Options
    My first ultrasound is tomorrow at 6weeks and 5 days. My last pregnancy was diagnosed a missed miscarriage at the 7week ultrasound due to no heartbeat. Asking for prayers and positive thoughts! Thinking of all of you ladies too!
  • Options
    Prayers coming your way @retas!! Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    I, as well, am in a similar situation. Had a blunted ovum with d&c back in June then proceeded to have fertility and hormonal issues related to recent diagnosis of PCOS since. With our second round of Clomid, we tested positive for pregnancy on Sunday. Due to all these issues and previous low levels of prog, I feel my doctor is not certain this could be a true pregnancy. She's having me wait a week and retest with another hpt before even scheduling a first visit. I am trying to remain hopeful but there is literally terror always looming in the bad of my mind. Same with my DH, he wants to be excited but we got so attached to the previous pregnancy we are afraid to do it again due to the possibility of disappoint.
  • Options
    Thinking of all of you, thank you for sharing all of your experiences which are similar to mine. 
    It's unfortunate that we have to be in this boat, but I'm glad we are all in it together.