November 2015 Moms

WTF Wednesday

I haven't seen one of these in a bit, but I've got some complaining to do, and I figured y'all might too, so why not?

My WTF goes directly to my dogs. So, my husband went back to work on Monday, and by that I mean I dropped him off Monday morning and he is gone until Friday, so I've been thrown right into solo newborn care. Starting late Sunday night/early Monday morning one of our dogs came down with diarrhea real bad. As in poop all over in her crate overnight, during the day pooping in the house if I can't drop everything the second she asks to go out because she can't hold it (and you know, caring for a newborn isn't conducive to dropping everything at a moments notice.) She seems to be doing a bit better today, but just my luck the other dog has come down with a case of the runs today. WTF dogs, why you gonna get sick as soon as my husband leaves and I'm left with no help. I can handle the baby alone just fine, but this dog situation has me feeling overwhelmed.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• I'm yaying over this thread! It has been awhile it seems.
    That sucks about your pups though. Crappy timing. Heh. Pun partially intended.

If you are somehow able to get some, or get someone to get some for you, charcoal dog treats are great at settling their stomachs. Might be worth a shot.

WTF to me just wanting to be touched!! I don't like most people touching me, but I feel so clingy to my partner lately. I just want him to cuddle me or massage me or something! Nope. Not his style so much anymore and it bums me out. 
    Also, WTF to my doctor and most all the nurses I've seen.
    WTF to no real signs of labor. EDD is tomorrow.
    WTF to this weather. I'm sooo looking forward to it cooling down!

Ya know, all the usual F*cks.

• You WTF today goes hands down to the man at the restaurant that came up to our table to compliment my baby girl. Sweet right. Sure but then he continued to talk for about 10 minutes and stare at the baby while almost stumbling and holding onto the carseat holder chair thingy. She was shaking I was terrified he was going to tip her right over. Then u think once our food arrived he'd part ways right...nope continued to stare and talk while we sat and our food got cold. Lol. It was the most awkward moment ever. Lol he was elderly so I couldn't be rude but eventually my friend just said, ok well it was nice to meet you bye. Lol. Omg weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • You WTF today goes hands down to the man at the restaurant that came up to our table to compliment my baby girl. Sweet right. Sure but then he continued to talk for about 10 minutes and stare at the baby while almost stumbling and holding onto the carseat holder chair thingy. She was shaking I was terrified he was going to tip her right over. Then u think once our food arrived he'd part ways right...nope continued to stare and talk while we sat and our food got cold. Lol. It was the most awkward moment ever. Lol he was elderly so I couldn't be rude but eventually my friend just said, ok well it was nice to meet you bye. Lol. Omg weird.

Hahaa! Strange people...
  • Oh, and wtf to pineapple doing that weird thing to your tongue that makes it feel rough and sensitive and burnt... I want to finish the rest of my container but my tongue feels raw!
  • What in the actual F with these hemorrhoids? How do people live with these everyday?? My whole pregnancy I was afraid of ending up with stitches in my bagina but this is much worse! So over them!
  • lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    edited November 2015
    WTF to my MIL's response to me telling her my mom would be taking care of DD while I am in labor (MIL recently had shoulder surgery): "Well, I'm stubborn, so we'll see." We'll see?! F*ck no. My response: "DH and I discussed this and this is our decision."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What in the actual F with these hemorrhoids? How do people live with these everyday?? My whole pregnancy I was afraid of ending up with stitches in my bagina but this is much worse! So over them!

You've probably already tried but witch hazel is great. Also, I know it sounds absolutely gross but push them inside when it's alot of pain. Luckily I didn't get any with this LO but my 1st was bad.

You've probably already tried but witch hazel is great. Also, I know it sounds absolutely gross but push them inside when it's alot of pain. Luckily I didn't get any with this LO but my 1st was bad.
    Yes a mix of that and preparation H works wonders. How long till they stop popping back out? Its only been a week and some days its super uncomfortable.
  • Late because I fell asleep early yesterday... but... wtf, why am I still pregnant.
    Wtf, why is it still hot outside.
    Wtf, why are my in laws coming in town early.
    And wtf, why did I wake up 10 minutes before my alarm this morning. Not cool.

Also, wtf... my punctuation through this entire post sucks... but I'm not correcting it :)
  • Wtf body, my last day of work was yesterday (my due date), I was up past midnight for no apparent reason (got into bed at 10:30, couldn't get to sleep, then had to hoist myself out if bed at 11:45 to eat some cereal because I was too hungry to sleep), and now popped wide awake at 7:25. The point of not working is to get some rest, not sleep less! Oh well, at least I can nap when I want.
  • I am terrified of hemorrhoids. I've yet to experience them. I think. There's been a couple times recently this pregnancy where I thought I might have some, but I was too scared to check. I don't know what my deal is with them...
  • I am terrified of hemorrhoids. I've yet to experience them. I think. There's been a couple times recently this pregnancy where I thought I might have some, but I was too scared to check. I don't know what my deal is with them...

I made it all the way through pregnancy and a vaginal delivery eith no hemorrhoids.

WTF mom. We always have a small thanksgiving. This year she invited literally everyone remotely related to us to thanksgiving. She then acts confused/upset when I tell her that we probably will not be in attendance since I do not want my 2 week old passed around all day.
  • WTF to everyone who calls, IMs, texts and says "No baby yet?" He's not due until tomorrow and if he decides to be late I don't know how many more days I can deal with the constant reminder that I'm still at work and not cuddling my cute lil man. I'm ready to start saying "I had him last night but couldn't resist coming to work!" Ugh
  • WTF to everyone who calls, IMs, texts and says "No baby yet?" He's not due until tomorrow and if he decides to be late I don't know how many more days I can deal with the constant reminder that I'm still at work and not cuddling my cute lil man. I'm ready to start saying "I had him last night but couldn't resist coming to work!" Ugh

I've taken to sending back the link to www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

I've taken to sending back the link to www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com
    OMG that is great! Will def be doing this tomorrow when I show up to work and the slew of IMs and emails start!
  • Wtf to LO. You've peed through your diaper and onesie and onto me. Please wake up so I can change you. You can't possibly still be comfortable
  • GoogleMD said:

I am terrified of hemorrhoids. I've yet to experience them. I think. There's been a couple times recently this pregnancy where I thought I might have some, but I was too scared to check. I don't know what my deal is with them...

I made it all the way through pregnancy and a vaginal delivery eith no hemorrhoids.

WTF mom. We always have a small thanksgiving. This year she invited literally everyone remotely related to us to thanksgiving. She then acts confused/upset when I tell her that we probably will not be in attendance since I do not want my 2 week old passed around all day.
    My mom has not even come to see her ONLY grandson or answered my calls since last tuesday because i told her we can't have thanksgiving at my house this year, especially since she insist on inviting about 15 ppl and about 8 toddlers that i just won't have around my 16 day old son!!

26 years with that woman and this is the stupidest tihs she's ever done.
  • urby87 said:

rachswi said:

Wtf to LO. You've peed through your diaper and onesie and onto me. Please wake up so I can change you. You can't possibly still be comfortable

I'd be changing that diaper and outfit right away if that were my LO, regardless of whether they were asleep or not.  Maybe that's just me...

Agreed! Most likely he'll go right back to sleep.
  • urby87 said:

rachswi said:

Wtf to LO. You've peed through your diaper and onesie and onto me. Please wake up so I can change you. You can't possibly still be comfortable

I'd be changing that diaper and outfit right away if that were my LO, regardless of whether they were asleep or not.  Maybe that's just me...

I second this, get that poor child some new pants Stat lol.
    He will probably go back to sleep and sleep longer in a dry diaper anyways.
  • GoogleMD said:

urby87 said:

rachswi said:

I totally understand not changing LO right away. I wouldn't wait too long but totally against waking the baby.
  • No worries mamas. I did change him. It was more that I was surprised he was so comfortable in his soaked state. We have trouble with sleeping so I hate waking him but I deemed both of us being soaked a worthwhile reason. He didn't though as a banshee seemed to have visited our house for a bit after that lol
  • lyankowi said:

GoogleMD said:

urby87 said:

rachswi said:

I totally understand not changing LO right away. I wouldn't wait too long but totally against waking the baby.

If my Daughter had pee'd through her nappy, her clothes & all over me I'd deffinatly be waking her to change her. I'm not one to wake a sleeping baby but I think all that goes out the window for a baby that has wet through whether they are good or not so good sleeper!! Common sense really.
  • GoogleMD said:

I am terrified of hemorrhoids. I've yet to experience them. I think. There's been a couple times recently this pregnancy where I thought I might have some, but I was too scared to check. I don't know what my deal is with them...

My mom has not even come to see her ONLY grandson or answered my calls since last tuesday because i told her we can't have thanksgiving at my house this year, especially since she insist on inviting about 15 ppl and about 8 toddlers that i just won't have around my 16 day old son!!

26 years with that woman and this is the stupidest tihs she's ever done.

LOL maybe it's because I've worked in childcare for 10 years and this is my 3rd baby, but I never worried about any of my children being passed around.... Especially family... If it was a room full of strangers that would be a different story, but it's not like everyone would be diseased lol, that's just me though.