2nd Trimester

Attn: tall girls!

I'm almost 16 weeks and I'm about 5'10" with absolutely no bump. Are there any taller women that can relate? I'm under the impression taller women tend to not show for a while. Kind of sad I don't have a bump yet :( lol

Re: Attn: tall girls!

• I'm 5'10" and slightly on the larger side and my bump started appearing this week (16). I doubt anyone else can tell but me and my SO, but it's definitely getting there. I will probably never look the same as a tiny woman with a cute, big basketball belly, but this week has given me hope I won't be destined to look just fat for 40 weeks. I'm sure yours will come soon!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 5'10, 23 weeks and in NO hurry to get a bump. 

• I'm not as tall as you but I'm 5'8" with a long torso and definitely showing at 20weeks. But as @kynbar5 said, everyone is different!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im 5'6 200 punds 24 weeks and not showing just look fat
  • I'm 5'7" and really only started to show around 20 weeks. Even now at 26 weeks, I still feel like I don't have a very big bump. My OB said that since I have a long torso, my uterus has more room to grow up, rather than out, and so that's why my bump is still on the small side.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm 5'11, 18+ weeks and those closest to me can tell I have a bump, but others likely think I've just put on some weight. I have really wide hips so everything seems to be spreading out instead of growing out lol. Eta: words are important

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I'm 5`8 and with my first two pregnancies I didn't get a noticeable bump until 28 weeks. I'm 22 weeks right now and you can't tell I'm pregnant either, however this time I started out overweight, but with the first two I was a healthy weight.
  • My mom is 5'11" and was HUGE with me. Like it looked like she was carrying twins. She was a bean pole, maybe 120 before she got pregnant. Idk when she started showing, but taller women have hope, every body is different!
  • I'm 5'10" and didn't really have a bump until 25 weeks. I just looked fat before that. As bad as it is to say, enjoy it. Because since the belly has popped, I have such a hard time with clothes. Bending over to pick stuff up has become a squat. And as belly gets larger it makes you get out of breath easier because baby crowds lungs. While I love my little guy and wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world, enjoy the small bump. Plus people start giving all the unsolicited advice once they know you are pregnant.
  • Im 5"7 and 25 weeks and no real bump. I look bloated and awkward and can only fit in yoga pants. I am very athletic though and still work out 5x a week. Especially if your a FTM you might not show for a while yet. Don't worry I hear you shouldn't be in a hurry to have a big bump from people all the time. Deep down inside i wish i had one so when he kicks me and I rub my belly in public people aren't thinking she must be rubbing her beer belly.
  • I'm 6-0 and with my first didn't show until 21 weeks, just looked pudgy. With my second I started out heavier, and am carrying this one way out in front so I started showing at 14 weeks. I have a son, and another boy on the way but my pregnancies have been completely different.
  • I am 5'10 and I would say that at 21 weeks I popped out. Still everywhere I go people say my bump is so small but I just remind them that I am tall and the extra 16 lbs has a lot of places to go.

• I'm almost 16 weeks and I'm about 5'10" with absolutely no bump. Are there any taller women that can relate? I'm under the impression taller women tend to not show for a while. Kind of sad I don't have a bump yet :( lol

I am not as tall as you but I am tall-ish (5'7'') and I only had a discernible tiny bump by week 17... And I'm not skinny so I suspect that if I was skinny I would not have noted anything by 17 weeks even... Some thin and tall women don't show until after 20 weeks.
  • I'm 6' tall and started showing about 15 weeks, I am on the thin(ish) side, and carry out front. This is however my 3rd pregnancy...thinking way back to my first (13 years ago!) I remember that I didn't really show until around 23-24 weeks probably... and once I popped out, it was instant. All in good time, as long as baby is healthy and measuring fine, you are good!

Word to the wise... maternity pants for work are a challenge. Kohl's carries longs... Gap used to , but no more :(

Good luck!
  • I started showing at 20 weeks 
  • I am 5'9 and overweight, with my first I didn't get any noticable bump until after 28wks, this time I popped out around 21ish wks, now have an obvious bump pushing 27wks. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 5'9,small frame, and skinny. I started showing early. At 12 weeks I already had a small bump. I'm almost 16 weeks now and my stomach is very noticeable.
  • masha73 said:

I'm 5'9,small frame, and skinny. I started showing early. At 12 weeks I already had a small bump. I'm almost 16 weeks now and my stomach is very noticeable.

This! You described me exactly except I'm 14+5 with a noticeable bump. Relieved to hear as I've been feeling a bit like a freak about showing so early, especially because they say tall/thin women tend to show late.
  • I'm 6' and at 12 weeks the smallest bump appeared. It's tiny but definitely not bloat. Firm and consistently there day after day. Most people can't tell but some of my close friends noticed and DH definitely noticed.
    It's different with everyone though. One of my good friends is 5' 10" and significantly skinnier than me didn't get her starter bump until 16 weeks due to carrying so low.
  • I am 5'10 and size 16, 17 wks preggo. I haven't gained any weight, but already being on the bigger side, I can't tell if I'm just really really bloated all the time or if I have a bump. It's difficult for me to tell right now. I can certainly feel the bump under some "fluff". I know that if I was thinner it would be predominantly showing. However, I am not. So, bloat or baby? Don't know yet. Lol
  • 5'10" 135# when I got preggo. I didn't start to show to others until 16/17 weeks. I myself could tell I was preggo at 14 weeks or so. Everybody is different
  • I'm 20 weeks today - 5'11. I got a little bump/pudge around 14 weeks and I've gotten a little rounder since, but not noticeably pregnant yet unless I wear a maternity shirt/dress. I do rub my belly every now and then in public so that people know I'm pregnant and not just rocking the gut. Hoping for the belly to pop soon because I really want to enjoy the big and pregnant phase as much as possible.