Postpartum Depression

PPD Just Won't Go Away

edited May 2015 in Postpartum Depression
Every time I feel like I'm doing better, I start feeling down again. It's definitely not as bad as it was, but it keeps rearing it's ugly head! How did the rest of you cope without having to go on medication?

Re: PPD Just Won't Go Away

• Aw..No one wants to be on medication for anything but sometimes if you have depression for a long time you have no choice than to take medication. After being like that for so long it can really start to mess with you in many ways. That's why they have these medications for it because the chemicals in your brain aren't enough anymore on its own so the medicine corrects it to make you feel normal again.
    You look up or ask your doctor other ways you can mange it
    I wish the best of luck to you! Hope you feel better soon.
  • *Hugs*

I didn't want to go on medication either, but at four months PP I just couldn't ignore my symptoms any longer.  I am taking some sort of seratonin replacement.  I asked my OB how long she thought I would have to take medication and if it was habit forming because, like you, I was concerned.  But she assured me it was fine.  My primary care also said it's a good med to be on, and I could even take it for two years if I wanted or needed to.

It was a very hard thing to ask for help, but I am SO GLAD I did.  I feel so much better about myself and life in general.  

Good luck to you.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker