June 2015 Moms

Does anyone else's baby...?

Re: Does anyone else's baby...?

• My guy arches his back and stretches really dramatically every time I undo the car seat buckle. Same with his swing.

I have scoliosis, so I'm paranoid I'm hurting his little back...
  • Sjeff0816 said:

Anyone else's LO hate their swing now? Mine tries to escape every time I put her in now. She cries when I buckle her in. She also hates her bouncer chair now too! She used to love them.

Mine has gotten over his swing for awhile now. I think its cause of the way its scooped out for him to lay in. Now that he is bigger / taller he ends up sliding down into it and all crunched up at the bottom.

@virginiaunicorn11 mine always does a huge stretch too out of the carseat. And without fail, he always spits up when sitting in it. I think its the way it forces him to sit, it puts pressure on his stomach. I worry about his back, too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sjeff0816 said:

Anyone else's LO hate their swing now? Mine tries to escape every time I put her in now. She cries when I buckle her in. She also hates her bouncer chair now too! She used to love them.

Yes!!! Absolutely hates it. I can barely get him to tolerate it for 20 min now. That swing was the only way I got chores done!! Luckily he still sort of likes his bouncy chair
  • @alcrimmins that's an excellent idea about the spoons! I may need to go pick some up. Going to have to get them eventually! Haha
  • mellymar said:

@cait7425 yes, I get the arm over the eyes while feeding. Its like everything is so tragic.

And my little dude likes to open his mouth and turn towards you when you're going in for a kiss on his cheek. So you end up planting your kiss half on his cheek and half into his mouth. It weirds me out a little.

Mine does this too! He seems to enjoy kisses on his body and is ticklish when we kiss him under the arms or under the chin, but when going in for a kiss to his face he often misunderstands it as an opportunity to try to eat my face! I guess it's the baby "everything goes in the mouth" rule. I have to tell him "you can't eat my mouth!" Lol.
  • @aluicious he's adorable! And our LO does the same... After a few minutes he gets bored and slouches over to the one side. It looks so uncomfortable, but he seems to like it.
  • ^^ Thats really cute lol. My LO does this to my arm any chance she gets. It kinda hurts sometimes!
  • Well, LO is now my third baby to love aggressively sucking/chewing on my chin.

Mine does this too! It hurts!
  • @Sjeff0816 mine does but that doesn't help because her tounge is supposed to be longer than normal. But I do find she does it when she is "lazy" cause when we try to roll or clap it goes back in.
  • Sjeff0816 said:

Anyone else's baby always sticking their tongue out?

LO loves to do this right now. She points it toward her nose. I'll try and get a picture soon.

Does anyone else's LO use their feet to try to grab toys while playing on their mat with their toys dangling above them? I may have a monkey on my hands.
  • Anyone else's baby hitting a lot? I feel like he's just getting control of his arms and seems to like to punch at my chest a lot. Hopefully just a super short phase. This kid is big and strong!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sjeff0816 said:

Anyone else's baby always sticking their tongue out?

LO loves to do this right now. She points it toward her nose. I'll try and get a picture soon.

Does anyone else's LO use their feet to try to grab toys while playing on their mat with their toys dangling above them? I may have a monkey on my hands.
    Yeah mine does this too with her feet, it's so cute! She's strong too! She grabbed my arm with her feet once when I was playing with her and wouldn't let go haha..
  • Anyone else's baby hitting a lot? I feel like he's just getting control of his arms and seems to like to punch at my chest a lot. Hopefully just a super short phase. This kid is big and strong!

My LO went through a quick phase where she had to be touching or stroking my face in order to fall asleep and there was some swatting and grabbing of my face that occured at times haha. It was really cute but it's all of a sudden gone... :(
  • @henrytviii LO gets pumped up and hits and kicks things. Yep, kinda annoying!
  • My LO shakes her head back and forth when she's asleep sometimes and when she's excited sometimes
  • Anyone's LO suck on the plastic part of their pacifier? While sucking his pacifier my little guy likes to tuck the plastic part into his lower lip. He doesn't do it all the time but when he does it freaking scares me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ♥  ♥  Mommy-To-Be to Baby #1 ♥  ♥ 
  • house86 said:

My LO shakes her head back and forth when she's asleep sometimes and when she's excited sometimes

My LO just got really good at this today haha.. We thought something was wrong with her at first before we realized she was just playing lol.
  • Does anyone else's baby open and close their hands on like everything? Like he's scratching something. He does it to the couch, his toys, and my face and it hurts! Then he laughs hysterically when I pull his hand away and say "ouch! No! You're hurting mommy!!"
  • Does anyone else's baby open and close their hands on like everything? Like he's scratching something. He does it to the couch, his toys, and my face and it hurts! Then he laughs hysterically when I pull his hand away and say "ouch! No! You're hurting mommy!!"

Yes! Mine does this when he's tired.
  • Heh LO found her voice last week and for three days screamed in my ear every time I burped her (not upset, just thought it was fun). Eventually she chilled out :) it's pretty funny though!
  • ^^^ yes. Mine screeches at the top of her lungs pretty much all the time now. I don't know what happened to that cute baby babbling.

• LOL all of these, screamer, opens and closes hand on everything, explores the face. I keep joking that the screeching is cute now but we are going to hate it later
  • Yep all of it! I've always called him my baby dinosaur!