August 2015 Moms
Options

Dreading maternity leave ending

I still have four weeks, but I am dreading my ML ending. Its to the point that I feel like I will ruin the last 4 weeks dwelling on it. Anyone else?

Re: Dreading maternity leave ending

• Options
    I did that 3 weeks in, I'm back at work now but am able to have flexible schedule and I take her with me sometimes so it's been good. It'll be ok >:D<
  • Options
    I have 1 week from today before I go back. I am dreading it in the worst way. I tried hard for the past few weeks not to dwell on it but now that's it's so close I can't help it. I am going to miss hanging out with my little man all day!! :((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made this long list of things I wanted to do while having the time off and didn't do any of them. The list included projects around the house and also things to do with the baby (like special walks, parks, etc.).  I literally stayed home with my daughter and carted around my older daughter (she made the volleyball team for the first time) the whole leave. I guess that is not horrible, but just thought I would have all these memories (walks, "play dates", etc.).. but I guess I do have memories, they are just different then what I had planned huh?
  • Options
    I go back on the 26th. I am so stressed out. I have a crappy job. I want to be with her. I want to see her grow up. I know I will. But I want to see the first time she rolls over and when she starts to talk I want to be there for the first words. I don't know why I am so stressed over this.
  • Options
    I've got 2 weeks and I cry every time I think about it and look at my beautiful daughter. It's breaking my heart. It'll all work out, I have to have a positive outlook for both of us, for my husband and work! My sadness and depression over it will eat at everyone and that's just all bad. So starting NOW by sharing the excitement with your newborn will help everyone. We're mom's now, it's our job to hold everything together. Our mom's did it, it's our turn. Rise and shine to your journey and destiny ♡
  • Options
    I go back in a couple weeks and am thinking she will be the hardest to leave of all my three. I am strongly considering going down to two days a week (from four) or stopping altogether since I do photography on the side and can use that to supplement the loss of my income.

With my first, I went from five days a week to four ten hour days with Wednesday's off. With my second I returned to 8 hour days those four days instead of 10 hours. So maybe a little switch of schedule will help ease the transition?
  • Options
    I'm back at the job now and it's hard I won't lie. I've been back for 7 total days now.  But what I did to help was I surrounded my cubicle with pictures of my son and my husband.  Looking at the pictures helps out SOOOOOOOOO much especially when it seems like I'm about to have a crappy day.  I did cry off/on for about a week leading up to me going back to work.  I didn't want to dwell on it so much but you can't help it though unfortunately.  Also, I am very blessed to have my parents caring for him during the day while I am at work.  At least at their house they have pictures of me they can show him so I take comfort in that he knows who mama is when I come through the door :).  It will be fine! Trust me! Make sure you set aside time where it is just you and the baby when you get home as well.  My time when I get home is to feed as well as do some tummy time with him.  Typing this now makes me miss him.  I'm eagerly looking at the clock as to when I'll be getting off :D!
  • Options
    I am still recovering after a 3rd degree tear w granulation tissue. I actually went back to work sooner then I originally planned. It is helping me keep my mind off my downstairs situation for part of the day. However I am lucky because my husband can work from home and take the baby to the office so no day care needed. Just try to see the positive side of being back with adults. I found the woman I work with to be a great support system too. They all spend time away from their families too and it's nice to have so many women around that understand.
  • Options
    I just finished my first week at work and it's still so hard. I am dreading this coming Monday. I really want to stay with my baby but I don't think my husband is on board :( Financially it would be tough but I think we could make it work. I still cry every time I think about working. I know everyone says it will get easier, and I'm sure it will, but I don't want to get used to having someone else raise my baby!
  • Options
    When returning to work from my maternity leave in 2012, I cried the entire way to work and all day. One of the directors saw me that morning and said welcome back and I just balled crying. Fast forward to 2015 - I had a 6 week premie, 8 surgeries since I was 31 weeks pregnant, have an MRI Monday to look at potentially having another surgery the day before thanksgiving, have missed 3 weddings and 2 funerals because of my surgeries - the day I returned to work about 4 weeks ago, I cried... But they were happy tears. I am so grateful to have the ability to work so that I can support my family financially. There are so many moms out there so less fortunate than I am and thinking of this helps me get through my work day. I've spent a lot of time in the hospital the past 6 months and have seen a lot of sick people. Our health is everything - if you and your loved ones have your health then you can have it all.
  • Options
    I'm starting one week from today and am so so stressed!
    LO has become very clingly in the past few weeks. Instead of playing on his own, he wants constant attention and interaction, or he wants to be held and walked around. I've tried really hard during the past two weeks to break this habit of his but he just seems to be getting worse each day!
    I don't know if daycare will be as caring as I am to his needs and it's bringing me to tears just thinking about him crying. :(:(
  • Options
    You are not alone! I go back January 11th and am dreading it. I know I have a long time left home but I dont want to ever leave my little guy. He's my 3rd baby and the only one I've actually been able to stay at home with for more than 6 weeks pp. I'm having anxiety over how life will work when I go back to work. It was fine before maternity leave so it'll work out once we get into a grove, right? ::sigh::
  • Options

I'm starting one week from today and am so so stressed!
    LO has become very clingly in the past few weeks. Instead of playing on his own, he wants constant attention and interaction, or he wants to be held and walked around. I've tried really hard during the past two weeks to break this habit of his but he just seems to be getting worse each day!
    I don't know if daycare will be as caring as I am to his needs and it's bringing me to tears just thinking about him crying. :(:(

My LO was the same way before heading to work.... I was getting so stressed of what j have created as "okay" my my baby and the reality of what're provider will be able to do. Then I decided i would stop stressing and do as I want.... The sitter can create routine and structured during her time and i will continue to hold my baby or "spoil her" as needed, because hey, I'm the mom and i can. Right?