January 2016 Moms

Nursery Photos- New Thread

Re: Nursery Photos- New Thread

• Agh! I can't see any of the new photos that have been posted. This is my favourite thread - anyone else having the same issue?
  • holocene said:
    Agh! I can't see any of the new photos that have been posted. This is my favourite thread - anyone else having the same issue?
    Everyone is.  TB is having problems.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • catgrazcatgraz member
    edited November 2015
    @BarrettJ89 : I know this feeling. We have the same problem... I would have loved to have a nice big room to decorate!!! But the most important thing is that it's cosy and for that, little rooms are great! Let's stay positive! ;-)
  • So cute! Love all the pictures. We are waiting to find out the sex of the baby so I'm seriously having a tough time deciding how to decorate. Baby room still isn't done and I'm 30 weeks. Freaking out!!
  • Where are you getting these foxes from? I have seen a few on here now and I love!! Fingers crossed they're available in the UK!
  • @stephseg I LOVE your nursery and think it's plenty kid friendly!  
  • ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited November 2015
    I have FINALLY started getting furniture put together! I just need to assemble the dresser, get some bedding and a couple decorations, and baby will be good to go. There's also a glider next to the crib (needs to be reupholstered) but I didn't photograph it because it's under a mountain of my clothes! The walls are magenta and light lavender, and since baby is sharing my room there isn't really a theme...but I really like elephants, so I'm gonna get a couple elephant things to put on the wall near her crib. It feels awesome to be making progress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    edited November 2015
    I am starting to go a little crazy. We haven't even started! Ahh lol. All of the nurserys look great!

• @ambercakes92, love your cloth stash!! Are you using all flats/covers? Mind sharing where you acquired your stash? I'm slowly getting there, and plan on using flour sack towels as prefolds. But I need several more covers.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited November 2015
    @MMLmeow

For newborn stage I'm using fitteds and prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers along with some covers (Thirsties size one, Blueberry Coveralls, Imagine Baby, and Blueberry Capri). I also have 2 Blueberry AIOs in newborn size. For after newborn age I've got a mixture of one-size BumGenius 4.0 pockets, BumGenius Freetimes AIOs, and fitteds and prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers (covers right now are one size Flips and EconoBum). GMD has a nice variety of covers, as does Nicki's Diapers (lots of sales there and a 5% discount with code FIVE at checkout). A few of my newborn fitteds I got from a buy, sell, trade group on Facebook that I can direct you to if you'd like. There's a chance I'll get a couple wool covers for nighttime use after newborn age, but other than that I feel pretty set in my stash! I've just been buying from cottonbabies, GMD, and nickis for the most part.
  • stephseg said:

Update! Crib and glider built (might reupholster glider to something more fun). My mom doesn't seem to think it's "kid friendly" enough - I'm going for cozy and more boho not chracter themed... Is that wrong? More decor to come of course!

I understand where your coming from. I'm struggling with that now! - being the crib will be in mine & dh's room. We would like it to mesh well rather then just our style and boom characters! Love your rug!!
  • HelBelles said:

Where are you getting these foxes from? I have seen a few on here now and I love!! Fingers crossed they're available in the UK!

@HelBelles I got mine at a boutique but they are made by "Jelly Cats". They are actually made in London.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZ21AJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1447385141&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=jellycat
  • lwebley said:

HelBelles said:

Where are you getting these foxes from? I have seen a few on here now and I love!! Fingers crossed they're available in the UK!

@HelBelles I got mine at a boutique but they are made by "Jelly Cats". They are actually made in London.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZ21AJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1447385141&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=jellycat
    Thanks for sharing, because their Cordy Roy animals are just what I've been looking for! My brother is in the UK so hopefully he can get me the monkey that has been discontinued!
  • @ambercakes92

Thanks for all the info! I plan on buying some GMD prefolds to use as well. I'll check on those cover brands. Most of mine are preloved that I've bought from a cloth FB page, too...I think it's called Cloth Diaper Swap. Which do you use? I have a few nb aios as well as os aio's. I've found a few videos on how to help a nb fit in an os...we'll see how that works!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I have FINALLY started getting furniture put together! I just need to assemble the dresser, get some bedding and a couple decorations, and baby will be good to go. There's also a glider next to the crib (needs to be reupholstered) but I didn't photograph it because it's under a mountain of my clothes! The walls are magenta and light lavender, and since baby is sharing my room there isn't really a theme...but I really like elephants, so I'm gonna get a couple elephant things to put on the wall near her crib. It feels awesome to be making progress.
    Your stash looks great! You're going to LOVE those work horses. Isn't that fallen leaves thirsties cover the prettiest? I'm so excited to put my girl in it. 
  • lwebley said:

HelBelles said:

Thank you! Lots of places sell Jelly Cat here just haven't seen the foxes!
    Most of the time I see things I like on here they are only available in America so glad for once I can get something I've seen :)
  • holocene said:

I have FINALLY started getting furniture put together! I just need to assemble the dresser, get some bedding and a couple decorations, and baby will be good to go. There's also a glider next to the crib (needs to be reupholstered) but I didn't photograph it because it's under a mountain of my clothes! The walls are magenta and light lavender, and since baby is sharing my room there isn't really a theme...but I really like elephants, so I'm gonna get a couple elephant things to put on the wall near her crib. It feels awesome to be making progress.

Your stash looks great! You're going to LOVE those work horses. Isn't that fallen leaves thirsties cover the prettiest? I'm so excited to put my girl in it. 

Thank you! Ah yes I love the whole Woodlands Collection! Fallen Leaves was my favorite one :) hoping I'll get the rest at my baby shower haha
  • edited November 2015
    We are doing light grey walls and an out doors theme. You can't tell because I haven't made the decorations yet. Oops. Still looking for a good glider and we will be purchasing the dresser soon!! So excited!!
  • ndeguara said:
    Work in progress... Here is what I have so far. My husband is a mechanic so I'm going with a vintage car theme. The E's are for Eric :) Still need to get some more finishing details, put together his dresser and hang a peg board above it that'll have decor & wire baskets to hold changing supplies on it
    I am not sure if you have a Hobby Lobby around you, and if you'd even need these for anything, but we bought our LO some Route 66 dresser knobs and black knobs that look like a shifter head with the gears.  They would go great with the theme that you have for your room.  My husband is into vintage cars and does a lot of body work on the side and is a welder by day. 
  • Finally finished. I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.
  • @foxtrot0407 I love your nursery! We are doing a coral color as well. We actually have that same fox :) Where did you get the tall shelf in the corner by the window? Did that come in the coral color or did you paint it?
  • Thanks so much @ashs88 ! We painted both the shelves and armoire...we have had them both for a while, but I want to say the corner shelf was a Target find!
  • His full nursery will be upstairs, but this is a pic of the bassinet I refinished for when he will live in our room! I'm excited about it! I am almost finished with the rest of the "mini nursery" in our room and the upstairs nursery and wil post those pics later!
  • @foxtrot0407 - LOVE her room! I love everything you have above the dresser :)!
  • @teachmegs817 - oh thank you! That would be perfect. I have a Hobby Lobby about an hour away, it's near a friends house so when I go to visit I'll have to stop by. The tin signs I have on the wall I got from Hobby Lobby online
  • @ndeguara thanks so much! A few Hobby Lobby picks (the arrows and tin signs) and the pictures were handmade :)
  • @mandyhrob I LOVE the name George.  and the nursery is cuteness overload.  Everyone's rooms look SO good!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you! It's such a little old man name. We just love it.
    We just bought a house and moved in one week ago. All my efforts went to the nursery, the rest of the house is still practically in boxes. ;)
  • apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited November 2015
    kkfl2m+b said:

I still need to complete and hang my alphabet wall, hang the remaining prints, and get my diaper changing pad but it's coming together nicely! :)

Creeping on your nursery again... Where did you get the double glider? Is it tan or gray?