Parenting
Options

Double stroller question/ recommendation

Hello, first time poster here on the parenting board!

I currently have an almost 3 yo and a little one due in June and was hoping for some double stroller advice.  I've been googling double side by side strollers like crazy, but feel like it's hard to trust the reviews sometimes because so often they are written by manufacturers...

Anyway, I'm looking for a double, side by side stroller for $300 or less that can comfortably seat a 3.5 and a baby and I'd really value your recommendations!  Thanks in advance :-)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Double stroller question/ recommendation

• Options
    Is there a reason you want a side by side? Does your older daughter enjoy riding in a stroller? My kids are at a very similar age gap. We opted for a sit/stand model so my big girl can 'ride' and the infant seat will attach in the short term until my little is ready to ride sitting up. Mine is a Joovy Ultralight. It was under $200. I like it, but it is a bit heavier/bulkier than I expected it to be.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    tracij12 said:
    Is there a reason you want a side by side? Does your older daughter enjoy riding in a stroller? My kids are at a very similar age gap. We opted for a sit/stand model so my big girl can 'ride' and the infant seat will attach in the short term until my little is ready to ride sitting up. Mine is a Joovy Ultralight. It was under $200. I like it, but it is a bit heavier/bulkier than I expected it to be.
    From my short experience, I have an easier time popping the wheels of a 'side by side' over a high curb than I do a 'front and back'.  My son's a good walker, I would just be using it to work out walking around my local park.  Thanks for your input!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a Baby Jogger City Mini that I loved. It was easy to maneuver, collapse. My DD rose in it until I got rid of it when she was 3.5, and she could have continued to ride in it. I loved the sun shades were so big to shade my girls from the sun, especially before you can use sunblock. I did not love the bulkiness of the car seat adapter, and if I still had it I might consider just getting some kind of a positioner and laying the seat flat for a new born. I got mine for $200 on Craigslist. I also loved that you could completely remove the fabric to wash. When I was researching doubles, you tube was the best tool.
  • Options
    tracij12 said:

We also did a sit and stand for a similar age gap.
    image Pregnancy Ticker