TTC After a Loss

Intro

Hello all,

I just had my first pregnancy end in a natural MC (blighted ovum) a week ago today. I had been seeing my PCP for my prenatal appointments and she suggests waiting a few cycles for TTC. The OB who did my ultrasound and diagnosed the blighted ovum said we could start right away, he suggested waiting for my first period for dating purposes. DH and I decided to wait until my first AF and then see how we feel. I am leaning toward jumping in right away after AF. Currently I am benched/WTO. I'm slowly getting back into charting.

On another note, DH and I have been married 4 years, we are high school sweethearts (with a break), and we just bought a house at the beginning of this year. I am a Graphic Designer. We live in Wisconsin and love all the seasons. I am excited for snow and the possibility of snowboarding this year (if I don't get pregnant again).

I'm sorry that we all have to be here and wish everyone luck!
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Intro

• So sorry to hear about your loss. I *thought* we were benched/WTO but my OB called - they were monitoring my HCG levels and I was back to negative. So the OPKS I took when I got symptoms she said were likely accurate. I haven't had AF yet.

I'm still to freaked out to chart, let alone process that I'm cycling already. But with a natural MC your cycle should start pretty soon after - I wish you and your DH the best of luck and that you aren't here for a long stay. You'll be off the bench before you know it. Glad to hear one of us is ready. <3
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Welcome @m6agua, I'm sorry for your loss. I have been hanging out on the TTGP board since June and recognize you from there. I am sorry to see you back, but there is a good community both there and here - I've found both helpful to my emotional healing!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome, and sorry you are having to join us. Congrats on your new home! I hope you are having fun decorating it and imagining all of the good things that will happen there some day (Hopefully soon!).

• Welcome and I'm sorry for your loss. It can be nerve-wracking getting back into the process and everyone's bodies are different when it comes to getting back to normal, I went through a natural mc and it took 45 days to O after.

Congrats on the new home! Hoping your stay here is short!
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sorry for your loss, but welcome to the board. Congrats on your new home! Hopefully that can be a good distraction. FX you won't be here long!
  • Welcome to the board @m6agua. So sorry you have to be here with us and for your loss. I also had a blighted ovum with our first pregnancy, back in August. We found out at 9w2d at our first ultrasound, but could only see a sac and measured 6w5d. Dr thought we could have dates wrong so we waited a week to see growth at another ultrasound. Went back a week later and still no baby. :( scheduled a dnc for the following friday. I had hoped to let it pass naturally, but dr was concerned about infection.
    On a side note, I am also from Wisconsin.
    Best of luck in getting your rainbow!
    Me: 28  DH: 28
    Married 8/10/13
    TTC since 11/13
    BFP #1 7/10/15, blighted ovum, D&C 8/15
  • @FireinWonderland I had my HCG tested last Wednesday and it was 325. I have to go in again this week sometime to get it tested again. Not sure how my HCG will look, but I feel like my progesterone is still high because of my temperatures, although it does feel like I may be getting a cold. So that could be it.

@AL_TwinCities I recognized you and a few others from the TTGP board as well. I went back but haven't participated too much yet. It seems like the tone may have changed since a couple months ago from posts that I have been reading.

@BornReady @R0824H @crob5685 Thanks. I wish we could do more upgrading and decoration on our home and have it all done but it takes a lot of money. We had bought nursery furniture already because it was such a good deal that I could not pass up. We decided to go ahead and paint the nursery and assemble the furniture. It was oddly a good thing. I think it helped me emotionally move forward.

@Sunnygirl0687 My office doesn't do ultrasounds until 20w (unless necessary). I started spotting/bleeding and had the US at 10w. My dates were solid because I was temping. I new during the US before the doctor even said anything.

Thanks everyone for all the support. I hope all of us get our BFP/take home babies soon.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua you are right, the tone has definitely changed over on ttgp..it's not as much snark and a little more...rainbows and unicorns? I think it seems different also because a lot of the people that were around have moved on or slowed down on posting :/
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Welcome and I'm sorry you have to be here.

I'm going to agree with everyone saying the tone over on TTGP has changed. It seems TTGP has collected a lot of new people in the short time since I was last there that probably should move on to Babycenter or something.

I suspect you're correct though @R08245 that part of the tone shift is probably due to so many people who were frequent posters having moved on to their BMBs and such. September and October seemed to have an usually high number of BFPs.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @m6agua I was like that a couple weeks ago, and last Friday I went in for labs and they came back at 81. I peed on a stick today and either got a negative or a VERY faint positive. I don't think I've ever taken a test and wanted it to be a BFN before. I go back in this Friday. I never asked about my progesterone levels. Hopefully you get the results you want!

@R08245 the tone does seem very different. When I went to my BMB in Sept the board had a lot of regulars and now I don't recognize many of the posters. I don't visit there quite as often, now, either. :/
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• @FireInWonderland I got my second blood work back and my HCG is at 20. I have to go in one more time but my body seems to be doing what it's supposed to. As for the progesterone, it turns out my temps were high because of a fever so no need for me to question that now. Hopefully your labs Coke out good and you get your BFN!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet.
    Congrats on the new house! I bought my first house this year too. :-) And I live in Nebraska so we too have the pleasure of getting ALL of the seasons, though I'm not as excited about winter. ;) 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill