April 2016 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change

Week/fruit:

Recent/upcoming appointments:

Rants/raves/symptoms?:

Questions for the group?:

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change

• Week/fruit: 18/sweet potatoe

Recent/upcoming appointments: a/s on the 2nd

Rants/raves/symptoms?: today I woke up with the "I'm not pregnant anymore" feeling. Then I couldn't find him on my Doppler, so, obviously I'm panicking. It doesn't help that this kid is a lot less active than his kick boxing sister was.

Dishes for sureeeeee
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/fruit: 17/ onion (definitely not a fruit though)

Recent/upcoming appointments: 16 week appointment last week, will be scheduling anatomy scan for sometime in the next few weeks

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Still having fatigue and headaches but overall feeling better (not counting the fact that I peed a little yesterday when i sneezed...that was a new experience. .. does that count as a symptom?). Fingers crossed that I might finally be entering this glorious mythical 2nd trimester that I've heard so much about.

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? Washing dishes and cleaning out the fridge
  • Week/fruit: 21/ pomegranate. Craaaaavingggg!

Recent/upcoming appointments: check in next week. Hoping to get some info in about the generic birth plan, as well as (finally) discuss the depression.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: belly is HUGE. And it gets crampy a lot. I guess that's the bh though?

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? I haaaate taking out the garbage here. In the states, I didn't mind, but here it's just in a plastic bag and it's always swarmed with gnats and fkdndjsjsnssksns
  • Week/fruit: 17 weeks....baby weights about 7 ounces and measuring closer to 18

Recent/upcoming appointments: went in on thurs to follow up on random bleeding. Go in on 12/14 for follow up and a/s.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: finally got some prescription gel for this acne...hopefully it clears up. Looking forward to the "glow"

Questions for the group?:n/a

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? Folding laundry
  • kalanieileenkalanieileen member
    edited November 2015
    Week: 16/ avocado https://youtu.be/JNsKvZo6MDs

Recent/upcoming appts: had an appt last week, heard the babe on the Doppler 150 HB. My anatomy scan is scheduled for December 21. So finding out the babe is healthy will be the best Christmas gift!

Rants/raves/symptoms: RLP and sciatica. It's so hard for me to breathe. Especially when I have to carry a conversation. I get nervous because I don't "feel pregnant" but I know this is the honeymoon stage so I'm trying to enjoy it! I won't feel the babe kicking because I have an anterior placenta :(

Questions: FTM here. For STM+ what is something you wish someone would've told you during your first pregnancy?

GTKY: I don't mind washing and drying laundry but I ABSOLUTELY DETEST FOLDING IT.
  • Week/fruit: 21/Pomegranate

Recent/upcoming appointments: A/S on Tuesday

Rants/raves/symptoms?: I'm not enjoying pregnancy cravings. I create something, we get it, and I'm instantly let down the second I taste it....

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? All of them?
  • Week: 16/ avocado https://youtu.be/JNsKvZo6MDs

Recent/upcoming appts: had an appt last week, heard the babe on the Doppler 150 HB. My anatomy scan is scheduled for December 21. So finding out the babe is healthy will be the best Christmas gift!

Rants/raves/symptoms: RLP and sciatica. It's so hard for me to breathe. Especially when I have to carry a conversation. I get nervous because I don't "feel pregnant" but I know this is the honeymoon stage so I'm trying to enjoy it! I won't feel the babe kicking because I have an anterior placenta :(

Questions: FTM here. For STM+ what is something you wish someone would've told you during your first pregnancy?

GTKY: I don't mind washing and drying laundry but I ABSOLUTELY DETEST FOLDING IT.

I had to do a lot of my own research about post partum care for me to know what to have ready.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kalanieileen I'm so glad to have creeped on this thread. I forgot about the guacamole video!
  • @mrstrax thanks for the tip :)

@AmadorRose haha! You can imagine how many times I hear this damn jingle at chipotle
  • edited November 2015
    Week/fruit:

19/Mango :blush:

Recent/upcoming appointments:

Finally got an appointment for my anatomy scan on Monday. I'm actually quite nervous but also excited to see my baby again. I had a couple of dreams where I found out I was having a girl after all and not a boy like I was told at the sex scan. I cannot go through that again. I am finally so excited about having a boy lol

Symptoms?:
    RLP from hell, hip pain, and holy shit my nipples are huge.

Rave: whoop whoop almost midway in the pregnancy!

Questions: is anyone else already researching daycare options for LO? I spent most of my day yesterday reading about it and I'm already stressed about which place to chose and how old I want him to be when he starts.

I hateeeeeee doing the dishes. And I hate folding laundry. I find it a waste of time. And life is too short for matching socks.

• Week:17, onion
    Upcoming appointments: dec 8 anatomy scan
    Symptoms: minor random cramping and ligament twinges.
    Rants/raves: none really other than hubby still doesn't want to find out what we are having which has made me want to find out more. We found out with 2&3 did not find out with 1. He said I can find out but he doesn't want to know. Not sure how that will work. It's so exciting not knowing it really is. I'm trying to figure out what to do.
    Questions: none
    Least favorite chore: dusting because it never seems to end
  • @elasticheart13 as far as daycare I went to close friends and family and asked them for local recommendations. We followed the majority of the recommendations and love her! We've been using her for 4 years and 2 kids. She will be watching the new one too.
  • dayj11 said:
    @elasticheart13 as far as daycare I went to close friends and family and asked them for local recommendations. We followed the majority of the recommendations and love her! We've been using her for 4 years and 2 kids. She will be watching the new one too.
    Sadly I don't know anyone with children in my area in Denmark so I can't ask for recommendations. I am not sure whether I should opt for a daycare institution with up to 20 other children in the age of 0-3 or a "daycare mother" as we call them in Danish with 2-3 kids which would be similar to what you have I believe. How old were your children when they started daycare?

• Week/fruit: avocado, 16 weeks

Recent/upcoming appointments: Monday, 16 week visit with new doc

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Didn't know these sharp pains would keep stopping me in my steps, even when I'm sitting down. Grow baby, grow!

Questions for the group?: How is your belly growing and what are you having?
    It's so interesting how the belly is swelling up just as i heard moms and grandmas say in the East! Women pregnant w/girls will see just the front of the belly pop up while those w/boys will see the entire belly grow all around, front and sides of the belly.

GTKY: Least favorite housekeeping chore: Dusting and mopping. You gotta do it all the time!
  • Week/Fruit - 17/onion.. not quite a fruit, eh?

Symptoms - Fatigue forever!

Appts - 12/10 for anatomy scan

Rants/Raves - Quad screen results from last week came back within normal limits yesterday

Questions - Nah

GTKY - All of them, but hand washing dishes makes my skin crawl
  • @elasticheart13 I had the institution daycare with my first. She started at 3 months and was there till kindergarten. My second started an in home daycare which is what I have now at 3 months he was pulled out at 3 1/2 to go to preschool which was recommended by the daycare and it's been great. My third started at the in home day care at 7 weeks.
    I would suggest doing research on a few local places, go and see them in person talk to them in person and really go with your gut. Have a plan b in the event that plan a ends up not being what you want after all.
  • dayj11 said:
    @elasticheart13 I had the institution daycare with my first. She started at 3 months and was there till kindergarten. My second started an in home daycare which is what I have now at 3 months he was pulled out at 3 1/2 to go to preschool which was recommended by the daycare and it's been great. My third started at the in home day care at 7 weeks. I would suggest doing research on a few local places, go and see them in person talk to them in person and really go with your gut. Have a plan b in the event that plan a ends up not being what you want after all.
    That sounds great. We have to "request" a place for LO at the municipality way ahead of time to make sure we get the place we want as they're all run by the government here and most likely I will be getting it for free since I am a student. The minimum age is 5-6 months which I thought was too young so I feel better about sending him off to daycare at 5 months. I'll talk to them in person, institutions and home day cares. Thank you!

• @elasticheart13 good luck!!
    I wished I had the option to wait longer than just a few months old to send the kids to daycare. I live in California. We get six weeks at a pay rate of 33% our salary while on leave. I can get another six weeks to add on but that second six weeks is not paid and that's not something I can afford.
  • edited November 2015
    dayj11 said:
    @elasticheart13 good luck!! I wished I had the option to wait longer than just a few months old to send the kids to daycare. I live in California. We get six weeks at a pay rate of 33% our salary while on leave. I can get another six weeks to add on but that second six weeks is not paid and that's not something I can afford.
    In situations like these I'm very happy about living in Denmark. I'm a student and here we receive monthly student grants so I don't have to work while studying (to Americans this is a shocker lol) and I get double the usual amount paid for 6 months after giving birth. It's still not a lot but I'm grateful for the system we have here. I finish my bachelor in June, and then won't start my master degree before September, so I can enjoy the whole summer with my son before having to go back. At that time he'd hopefully be 5 months and big enough for daycare. Most Danish mothers on the Danish birth boards I'm on made me feel guilty for sending him to daycare that early :| But thank you <3

• @elasticheart13 wow that's fantastic! You are lucky indeed. How awesome not just for you but for the baby too! Congrats on being so close in completing your degree. I finished my bachelors in February just a few weeks after number three was born. The school made me take two weeks off before I could start my masters. Now I'm half way through my masters and should be graduating in September.
  • dayj11 said:
    @elasticheart13 wow that's fantastic! You are lucky indeed. How awesome not just for you but for the baby too! Congrats on being so close in completing your degree. I finished my bachelors in February just a few weeks after number three was born. The school made me take two weeks off before I could start my masters. Now I'm half way through my masters and should be graduating in September.
    Thank you! Students here take it for granted because we are so used to it. So I can't really complain lol. Oh and that sounds exciting! What are you studying?

• dayj11 said:

@elasticheart13 good luck!!
    I wished I had the option to wait longer than just a few months old to send the kids to daycare. I live in California. We get six weeks at a pay rate of 33% our salary while on leave. I can get another six weeks to add on but that second six weeks is not paid and that's not something I can afford.

Where in California? I live in Cali too!
  • Week/fruit: 20! Banana/artichoke

Recent/upcoming appointments: 20 week anomaly scan on Monday - really excited to see the baby again, and hoping that all the results will be ok.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Fatigue, internal stretching, breathlessness.

Rave - my hubbie can now feel the baby kick externally - it's so exciting!! And his whole face lights up which is lovely!

Putting the laundry away. We might leave it to bundle up for a few weeks then tackle the pile when we have no more socks in the drawers...
  • mrstrax said:

Week/fruit: 20/Banana

Recent/upcoming appointments: a/s was Thursday, next regular appt in December.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: It's a (healthy) boy! My mind is pretty blown. My mom is one of three girls, her sister has three girls, I'm one of three girls... A boy was not at all what we expected. I'm a little in shock but very excited that every thing looks good with the placenta/cord since that's what they think caused DDs growth problems.
    Symptoms wise Herbert the hemorrhoid came back to visit this week, lots of BH and boobs like crazy.

Questions for the group?: nope

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? Mopping. I'll sweep of vacuum, but even the steam mop is no fun.

What's your due date? I'm also at 20 weeks! Due 2nd April.

Congrats on your little prince!! Time for hunting for a boy's name!! And at least you know no one else in the family will have used your choices...
  • @jkeezy I'm also the 2nd! It will be interesting to see when this baby chooses to come - DD was 9 days early, but I don't want to get my hopes up :wink:
    I'm so excited about boy names. DH and I struggled a lot to come up with girl names with girl names but have the same taste in for boys - Biblical and/or Victorian classic (Theodore, Gideon, Nathan, Charles). My sister likes to joke that if it's good enough for British royalty it's good enough for her.
    Anniversary 
  • @elasticheart13 my bachelors is business administration. My masters is also in business with an emphasis in business leadership. What about you?

• dayj11 said:
    @elasticheart13 my bachelors is business administration. My masters is also in business with an emphasis in business leadership. What about you?
    Oh nice, DH studied business administration as well. I study architecture :P

• mrstrax said:

@jkeezy I'm also the 2nd! It will be interesting to see when this baby chooses to come - DD was 9 days early, but I don't want to get my hopes up :wink:
    I'm so excited about boy names. DH and I struggled a lot to come up with girl names with girl names but have the same taste in for boys - Biblical and/or Victorian classic (Theodore, Gideon, Nathan, Charles). My sister likes to joke that if it's good enough for British royalty it's good enough for her.

Ha, as long as it doesn't come a day early - no one will believe it on April Fools!

We have middle names for both genders, and a possible first name for a girl. Really struggling for boys names though - and DH and I have completely different tastes too which doesn't help!
  • jkeezy said:

mrstrax said:

@jkeezy I'm also the 2nd! It will be interesting to see when this baby chooses to come - DD was 9 days early, but I don't want to get my hopes up :wink:

Ha, as long as it doesn't come a day early - no one will believe it on April Fools!

We have middle names for both genders, and a possible first name for a girl. Really struggling for boys names though - and DH and I have completely different tastes too which doesn't help!
    We had mn's set when I was pregnant with DD, but my grandfather has passed since, so now we have two boy options we like.
    DH and I each went through the top 500 SSA list of girls names when we couldn't come up with a list for DD. We each deleted down to around 30-40 that we liked *enough* and then compared the lists. We had 6 names that overlapped, so that was our short list to discuss/debate over. Way less stressful than trying to come up with a list from nothing and vetoing back and forth. Plus if we didn't have overlaps we could have compared the longer lists to see if any were similar.
    Anniversary 
  • Week/fruit: 16/avocado

Recent/upcoming appointments: November 30

Rants/raves/symptoms?: I still haven't been able to figure out insurance.  I'm starting to freak out a little bit.  We've had 2 ER trips, and several prescriptions filled just this week.  Ugh. 

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? Honestly, all of it. But if I had to choose just one, it would definitely be bathrooms, toilets especially.  
  • Week/fruit: 18/sweet potato (yum)

Recent/upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on Friday! So excited!

Rants/raves/symptoms?: thought I was free from the barfing finally after 2 weeks, but threw up again on Friday night and my stomach's been a little iffy since then :/ Other than that, just a little tired and feeling big!

Questions for the group?:none this week

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? I'm with whoever else said all of them LOL. But really, bathrooms. Blech.
  • I didn't see a Friday Ticker thread this week, so I'm jumping on here :smile:

Week/fruit: 17/pomegranate

Recent/upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 12/4 (my mom will be in town and coming with us)

Rants/raves/symptoms? Finally had to go purchase larger bras

Questions for the group? Am I the only one not super prepared for baby? I feel like I'm behind :neutral:

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? dusting
  • jkeezyjkeezy member
    edited November 2015
    mrstrax said:

jkeezy said:

mrstrax said:

We had mn's set when I was pregnant with DD, but my grandfather has passed since, so now we have two boy options we like.
    DH and I each went through the top 500 SSA list of girls names when we couldn't come up with a list for DD. We each deleted down to around 30-40 that we liked *enough* and then compared the lists. We had 6 names that overlapped, so that was our short list to discuss/debate over. Way less stressful than trying to come up with a list from nothing and vetoing back and forth. Plus if we didn't have overlaps we could have compared the longer lists to see if any were similar.
    Aye - unfortunately when we do that kind of thing we don't really have any overlaps
  • Gah!! Stupid thread only posting half my comment - and the edit's not working either!

I give up - @mrstrax - I'm off to have one of my two permitted caffeinated cups of tea to kickstart the morning.
  • Week/fruit: Saturday was 18 weeks/ Sweet Potato! (So glad this isn't next week! I have this thing where I just can't eat whatever "fruit" we are for the week... weirds me out! But Thanksgiving without Sweet Potato Casserole would not be good!)

Recent/upcoming appointments: Our A/S and 20 week appt will be on Dec 3rd

Rants/raves/symptoms?: So excited to be flying out to see my family this weekend! We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are having a girl, and I have kept it a secret from my mom so I can tell her in person! Can't wait! DH really wants to do a FB gender announcement... but I'm not convinced.

GTKY: What is your least favorite housekeeping chore? Dishes for sure! But I only hate it if I've been lazy and let them sit until the next day... 
  • @AK118 I'm not feeling prepared either... I have like 4 books and I haven't even cracked one! My SIL asked me to send her a picture of the nursery, and I'm like umm... it's still a guest room?? Am I really behind?!
  • @AK118 I'm not feeling prepared either... I have like 4 books and I haven't even cracked one! My SIL asked me to send her a picture of the nursery, and I'm like umm... it's still a guest room?? Am I really behind?!

Nope. I'm a planner/organizer, so it stressed me out to think about, but I have friends who set up the crib AFTER getting home from the hospital. I would aim to have the basics (crib up and made, car seat installed, post-partum gear purchased, etc) set up and your hospital bags (mostly) packed by 36-37 weeks unless your OB talks to you about risk of going early. Otherwise you've got time - some people just feel better having everything "ready to go" early.
    Anniversary 
  • @mrstrax, I think it was you who mentioned googling postpartum stuff to have it prepared. I've done some reading and talked to a handful of mom friends, but would love more advice on what you found most helpful!