March 2016 Moms

Teen moms?

Any other teen moms like me? I'm 16 & 21 weeks and 6 days :)

Re: Teen moms?

• I recently turned 18, and am 20 weeks and 1 day today! Hope you and baby are doing well!
  • I had my first at 16 but that was over 6 years ago. Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first at 19 but that was 8 years ago! Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Im currently 18 and 22weeks along with a baby girl!
    Young parents arent bad parents despite what people think!
  • I was a teen mom when I had my first daughter 18 years ago. It was rough and scarey at first but wouldn't have changed it for anything. Now this time around I'm going to be an old mom and it's still scarey. Good luck to you.
  • I'm 19 and 21+ weeks. I'm having a little boy. Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • BearBow said:

I'm 19 and 21+ weeks. I'm having a little boy. Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm having a little boy too! I'm so excited
  • AMurph22AMurph22 member
    edited November 2015
    @lindscnn1 I applaud the motivation and hard work you described having at such a young age - good for you! Although I was not a teen mother, I agree with the emphasis on obtaining a college degree. Higher education will open many more doors and opportunities to you. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • @lindscnn1 you are right. I had my first son at 18 and at my high school graduation I was 9 months pregnant! I still made it and walked too. I also went to LPN tech school while my son was 1 and then back for RN when he was a little older. It was so worth it. I am now 34 and pregnant with my 4th and last baby and my husband and I couldn't be happier. You all can do it but make sure you ask for help when needed and make good choices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love seeing all the support and encouragement for teen moms on here! My Mom had me just after her 19th birthday and before she graduated high school. My Dad was in college, it was stressful but they made it work. One regret my Mom had was not going to college after. She was busy being a SAHM after my Dad finished school, but thought it was so important. Especially for Mom's doing it on your own.
    My Mom had me at 19 and my brother at 29 (lots of attempts in between) and she said by and far pregnancy, labour and raising a newborn at 19 was easier. I had my first at 30 and she thought I was nuts ;)