July 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else cramping?

SMLEUSMLEU member
edited November 2015 in July 2016 Moms

I've yet to have my first Dr. Appt. but this will be my first question:

Anyone having slight period-like cramps with mild lower backaches?  They last anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and aren't by any means painful, just well...crampy .  I've been having them on and off now for the past 4 days now.  I keep freaking out every time it happens and always expect to see blood when I use the bathroom (since these are so similar to what I feel when I get my period).  No blood (thank God), but it still makes me uneasy.  I've read that it's just the uterus stretching.  Is that right?  I'm 5w4d, today.

I'm a first time mom here, so if it's normal please., someone put me out of my misery, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone else cramping?

• Options
    I'm 7w2d and I get them every now and again. When I was 4 weeks I had horrible back pain. You're fine, it's the accompanying of blood and server cramping where you'd have something to be worried about. You're body is just getting accommodating to the little sea monkey you got growing in there. Funny how much space an apple seed takes up.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try upping your water intake and the it easy for a bit. I find those cramps are worse for me after lots of activity.
    babysizer.com pregnancy ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I cramp until almost the second trimester. Like a dull ache in my pelvis that's constant. This is my 4th pregnancy.
    Momma to 3 boys Hoping for a baby girl
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same thing. Turns out I was dehydrated
  • Options
    Yes!! They feel the exact same as af cramps. At 5wks1day it did have me very worried. So this puts me at ease!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Yup! Sure do; 5wks4d as well. It comes and goes, sometimes it's on one side or another, sometimes all across my pelvis. It usually doesn't last very long and sometimes is accompanied by a really sharp pain that lasts for just a second. I think that's round ligament pain, but most things I've read say that typically doesn't start until the second trimester so I'm not sure. In any case, pretty positive it's all normal! Everything I've read says there's nothing to worry about so long as the pain is not intense, consistant, and accompanied by blood.
  • Options
    I cramped everyday through week 4 until I called my doc and found out I wasn't drinking enough water. Now I hardly ever have them.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all of the helpful info and encouraging words! Glad to here that it's all just part the process. I'll definitely start drinking more water.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having them too. I don't remember cramping early in DD's pregnancy but I might have just forgotten about it as it's not really a severe symptom just mild cramping that comes and goes. I was wondering if it's normal too so thanks for posting! I'll try to take it easy today and drink more water
  • Options
    I would get cramps after sneezing or coughing for a few minutes. So freaky!! My OB said that's normal and is probably related to my uterus stretching and getting ready to house a growing baby. I've increased my water intake and it hasn't been happening as much.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    I've had them on and off for the past week. Yesterday I drank a TON of water and today it's not as bad. Maybe not a coincidence after reading this thread :) I've never had severe ones or associated with bleeding, just mild dull AF type
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Yess! I'm a first time mom as well. 4wks 3d. Mine have decreased but have felt like period cramps and range from mild to moderate but don't last very long. My doctor said it was normal, but I agree, it's scary.
  • Options
    I've also started to force myself to do toned down workouts with stretching even though I'm so tired and that has helped. :-)
  • Options
    Same here I've had them too with no blood 4 weeks and 5 days so far. It's the uterus stretching and I heard they are signs of dehydration so I bought a giant water bottle and I've been feeling them less with more hydration.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16 BMB-December Siggy Challenge- Holiday Animals 

• Options
    Early on it's partly also a cyst that's still present to keep you pregnant. I only really had period like cramps once (scary!), other than that it's been random twinges and it kind of feels like my cervix is having a party or something. I do drink a ton of water though, so that might be part of it. 
  • Options
    SMLEUSMLEU member
    edited November 2015
    Just a quick update: Ive had at least 4 liters of water today with only one little bout of cramping around noon rather than every other hour. Water is definitely helping. Also I was walking around a lot, that seemed to help too. @mkmk14 great idea about the little workouts. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker