Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage & Pregnant Friends

Been trying for 3 years for a 2nd lo. Miscarried in May (blighted ovum) and again last week at 9 weeks (no heartbeat).

Most of the women in my circle of friends have children, and many are now pregnant again after barely trying (yes I actually know bc we talk about it all the time).

Two just announced their pregnancies and have due dates near what mine would have been. Though I am over the moon for them, I am finding it difficult to be around them. I'm sure our similar due dates is part of it, I'm sure the rawness of this latest miscarriage is part, but I don't know how to be around them.

How do you spend time with people who are pregnant without feeling bitter or sad? These are dear people to me and I want to be happy for them and celebrate with them but I don't know how.

Re: Miscarriage & Pregnant Friends

• I am sorry for your loss and seeing all of these happy and uncomplicated pregnancies around you. I am on the same boat. Many friends are either pregnant or have young children. Since it is so recent, you can limit your interactions with them until you feel a little better. It is understandable that you feel bitter and sad, but in time that feeling will change. Be patient and in time you will be able to join in their celebration and hopefully yours soon after.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think we just have to just let ourselves feel sad, you definitely aren't going to stop that. For me I let myself notice how I'm feeling, accept it and carry on. There is no way around this grief, only through it. 

If things are too much for me, I take a break from some of the things that give me the hardest time, especially social media like Facebook or Instagram where I am confronted with bump updates and newborn photos etc. 

Sorry for your losses and your struggles to conceive. This is all such a lonely/isolating experience. 

• Loading the player...
  • BornReady said:
    I think we just have to just let ourselves feel sad, you definitely aren't going to stop that. For me I let myself notice how I'm feeling, accept it and carry on. There is no way around this grief, only through it. 

If things are too much for me, I take a break from some of the things that give me the hardest time, especially social media like Facebook or Instagram where I am confronted with bump updates and newborn photos etc. 

Sorry for your losses and your struggles to conceive. This is all such a lonely/isolating experience. 

You summed it up - it's very isolating and lonely.  I wish we could all get together and have dinner on this board.  It's hard to handle these feelings when you don't know who/if you can tell.  Nobody talks about this. *sigh*

• This is one of the hardest parts of the grieving process. My sister gave birth to her second son 3 weeks to the day that I lost my daughter. I had so many different emotions, mostly anger and jealousy. I would never resent my sister or her children for what happened to me, but its incredibly hard to hide your feelings when you are already so emotional. Watching everyone else around you have perfectly healthy babies is never easy, no matter how much time has passed. Having someone to talk to about your true feelings is the best medicine. Someone you can be completely honest with, that wont judge you or think differently if you aren't bringing in new babies with joy and love. These boards are the best place for this. We have all gone through hell, so we can all pick each other back up and support one another. Love to all the momma's out there!

• I personally tried stuffing it down . I think it bothered my best friend to hear about it when she was stressed with her impending deliver and then newborn . I became really depressed and then started talking about it. When I need space I take it but I am also there for her when she needs although it is still hard
  • I understand this all to well.... my cousin is due on my due date. That is hard. It's hard to see her and her 13 week bump... to know that she is experiencing everything I would be. And I am empty. I just have to wake up everyday and tell myself how happy I am for her and how blesses I am going to be to get to love on her child. It seems like everyday more and more of my friends are posting announcements of their babies and I am just here... waiting.

Praying for you.
  • In a similar boat. Unfortunately I'm just not ready to be around it. It's still all to fresh. I love my friends dearly and hope they understand that I'm not angry of them I just am hurting and need some time. I've disabled my FB and Instagram pages fur a temporary period. I'm taking a small leave from work-I feel like every weeks a new girl is pregnant-and I may travel to see my dear aunt with whom I'm very close. I feel selfish but I have to think about me
  • I agree with @mamamorse on this. It's okay to choose to limit your interaction with pregnant friends or friends with new babies. I unfollowed pregnant friends on FB because I just can't handle it. You have to take care of yourself, and true friends will understand.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I'm back to work today after my d&c a week and change ago...there are TWO baby showers in the office this week. not happening.