October 2015 Moms

Trouble sleeping

My baby is 5 weeks tomorrow and she will not go down for a nap she's been awake since 7 in the morning .. Help! She looks so tired but won't sleep

Re: Trouble sleeping

• Same, LO is 7 weeks and will
    Only go down for a nap for 30 min to and hour all this week.,. I'm hoping it's just a faze. He will sleep great while holding him and then when I transfer him to pnp or swing he only lasts a little bit. I have t found a solution yet, but I try to hold him till he falls into a deeper sleep and then lay him down but it doesn't seem to stay asleep longer
  • Have you tried going for a drive or a walk on a bumpy road? Sometimes that's the only way mine will sleep during the day. Good luck and [try to] get some sleep! Both of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mak1020 sane with My Baby I try to put her down and she starts crying
  • @dchiapella I haven't tried those things! I will have to see if that works for her! Thanks
  • Mine is the opposite. Will sleep all day but has a rough time at night. She's currently been awake for about 5 hours and was bathed and fed and is still wide awake no matter what we do to try to get her to sleep. She won't sleep in the bassinet unless she's almost asleep or completely asleep and we can't get her there! Sometimes it doesn't happen until around 1am. Then I get about a 2-2.5 hour stretch of I'm lucky.

I do try eat/wake/sleep during the day and sometimes she will stay up for a while then nap. Other times she passes out after a feeding and I can't help but allow it especially if I hadn't got off the couch for hours and had chores I need to do or even just brush my teeth! She won't go down for naps unless being held so if I get her to sleep I can sometimes transfer to the swing and she stays asleep.
  • I'm glad that I'm not alone! He was doing really good until I switched his formula. Then it was a rough week or so, I decided to switch bc I was qualified for WIC and they use simalic instead of enfamil, but LO didn't agree to it at all. So I am thinking that once his body is fully back on track with the enfamil gentle ease his sleeping will go back on track as well... Well fingers crossed lol I also think that he does not like the cradle we have for him. I put a blanket over the mattress and then use the fitted sheet over it but he still hates it, and he hates being swaddled ...