August 2015 Moms
Options

How do you store breast milk in fridge?

I want to give my babysitter two bottles for her to keep at her house. Then I will pump and make fresh bags for her and send them each day. How do you store bags of fresh milk in your fridge? They would fall over or be a mess in the fridge just alone. Any suggestions would be great!

Re: How do you store breast milk in fridge?

• Options
    I put mine directly into the bottle if I'm going to use it within a day or two.
  • Options
    I store mine in medela storage bottles and sometimes I make my bottles for the day and store them that way. Directly into the bottle He drinks from.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kenzjim said:

This. If I was to store in a bag, I would lay them flat to store. I use lansinoh bags. They are way better than Medela. I had read reviews that said that initially and I thought, "really? A bag is a bag". But it's so true.
  • Options

kenzjim said:

This. If I was to store in a bag, I would lay them flat to store. I use lansinoh bags. They are way better than Medela. I had read reviews that said that initially and I thought, "really? A bag is a bag". But it's so true.
    Exactly! I have used Lanisoh for the past two LOs, with DD1 I had over 400 Oz in the deep freeze when I weaned right before a year. I'm not sure how much I have now but it's at least 50 oz, not much but it builds week by week.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options

Can you explain why Lansing are better? I use both, and haven't noticed a difference at all.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    mgarrett921mgarrett921 member
    edited November 2015
    I place in lansinoh bags and then stand the bag up in a slim Tupperware container so they don't fall and aren't laying flat - spill risk.
    Then I just use front to back from the container.
    When freezing, I place in dated gallon ziplock bags. And rotate the ziplock with the oldest milk to the front of the freezer. You can fit about 7 frozen lansinoh bags in 1 gallon ziplock.
    I circulate in some thawed milk and fresh milk for LO at daycare each day.