Babies on the Brain

WTO or TWW Monday November 9th

Cycle/Month:

CD/DPO:

TTA or TTC:

Testing Plans:

Rant/Vent:

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTO or TWW Monday November 9th

• Cycle/Month: 1/1

CD/DPO: 9/-

TTA or TTC: TTC

Testing Plans: I'd like to say not until 10 DPO, but since this is my first cycle, I'm unsure as to what I will do...

Rant/Vent: This is my first month off of BCP, so I'm waiting to see if I have a normal cycle. I am temping just to chart and see what my cycle looks like. I'm really anxious to see what happens.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together? We met on eHarmony (yay to internet dating!!) We really hit it off, and have been together for about 2.5 years. You have to go through a lot of frogs on the internet to find your prince, but oh man was it worth it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • als1982als1982 member
    edited November 2015
    Cycle 7/calendar day 4

TTC

Testing plans: none

Rant/vent: work is busy but life is good!

We met on a blind date arranged through his mother and one of my college friends. Started dating August 2011, married March 2013.

ETA: the photo above is an engagement picture taken at the kids restaurant where we had our first date.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cycle/Month:2/2 ( could count it as my first)

CD/DPO:12

TTA or TTC:TTC!!!!!

Testing Plans: Depends on ovulation... but it might be around our 5 year anniversary!!!!

Rant/Vent: I'm so excited... I have an almost positive opk, and we have had sex on all the ewcm days... deff have to HIO again tonight! BTW @Pupatella thanks for posting this... had a long day yesterday and forgot!

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together?   I met my husband at a party when I was 16 or 17... and then that summer we went to all the parties as a couple and he drove me around in his car ( blushes...) and then he went off to college and I met someone and dated... and then 1 1/2 years later we found each other again and hit it off... both having people cheat on us during that time... we were friends long before we were committed to each other... <3 him so much... married 5 years on thanksgiving!
  • ***question***

Cycle/Month: 1/2
    CD/DPO:  CD56
    TTA or TTC:  NTNP but tracking my cycle to figure things out
    Testing Plans:  No plans! 
    Rant/Vent: My appointment with my doctor is one week from today so I'm getting excited for that.  I talked to my sister yesterday and she is having super crazy cycles since stopping her BCPs 7 months ago so I'm just bracing myself for that!  Does anyone take inositol?  Or know much about it?  I've read about it for people with PCOS but I'm just curious how helpful/effective it is?
    GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together?  We met freshman year of college while we were both dating other people.. that night we bonded while talking about Lord of the Rings :)  His girlfriend told him that night that he was going to marry me... within the next year we were both single and we hung out much more often.  Fast forward to junior/senior year, we were inseparable.  We always denied that we were boyfriend/girlfriend but everyone could tell otherwise.  A year after college he proposed, 6 months later we were married, and now we're 10 months into marriage! 

• @mokay19 Yay for doc appointment! Dk the answer to your question though sorry. I wanted to tell you though I went to my doc appointment and she told me to find a diff doctor. So I have to pay more to go to a preconception visit with these holistic midwives I've chosen to ensure a spot for delivery. I set the appointment for December 9th just incase I get a BFP :) Hoping. FX. Btw hoping you get your period soon!!
  • Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD/DPO: 23/4

Testing Plans: Fertility Friend says to test 10 DPO, but I think that is way too early. I'm thinking of waiting until at least 13 DPO, but essentially just waiting to see if I'm late.

Rant/Vent: Not particularly upsetting, but FF decided that I ovulated at a point in time two days earlier than I think I ovulated. Not a big deal since we aren't really changing our BDing schedule based on anything, but it still makes me wonder if I should be expecting AF later than they predicted.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together?

We met for the first time in 2008 in church when he was still in college and I had just graduated (separate colleges). We were friends, attended a Bible study together, and I lived with his sister for a couple years, before I finally told him that it seemed like we both were interested in each other and we should just start dating and try it out. That was June 2013. We were married in March 2014. I think our friends were annoyed with us that it took so long to figure out that we were meant for each other! But we certainly made up for lost time. (Maybe that's why we are trying for #2 already when LO #1 was born a little after our first anniversary.)
  • Hi *waves* im new here and im looking to meet some other people currently ttcing. 

DPO 10 (sorry can i ask what is CD?)

TTC

Testing plans- Currently Im super scared to test because i dont want to feel sad if i get a BFN :-( I was 8 weeks back in september and lost the baby. Had a D&C september 8th. Tried again last month and had a chemical pregnancy. so im scared to test too early get a positive, then get AF. I might wait till im late for AF just so i can be sure. 

Rant- tww is such a anxious time! I havnt had many of the symptoms i had first time round back in August such as sickness and back ache. However i have been extremely tired, frequent urination so I keep hoping as ive herd each pregnancy is different. 

Met my husband 6.5 years ago in the UK. we currently live in OZ. Hes my best friend and we love travelling together.
  • @aCrumble - CD = Cycle Day 

Cycle/Month: 4/5 

CD/DPO: CD 15/DPO -- today?! 

TTA/TTC: TTC

Testing Plans - In 2 weeks if AF doesn't show! 

Rant/Vent - Spent days 3-6 of this cycle SUPER nauseous. I don't know if it was a stomach virus or what! I guess it's better that it happened at that part of my cycle though, rather than at the end when I probably would have gotten my hopes up. 

How did we meet? We met at a bar halfway across the country 7 years ago! After trying to hit on me, we figured out we were both actually from the Boston area. We went on our first date when we got back, and we've been together ever since! Married about a year and a half now. 

• @acrumble, welcome :) and yes the TWW is horrid. and @Slou24 yay for Ovulation!
  • Thanks @Katm89 !! That's at least good that you got a heads up to find a new midwife so you can find a new one that you like and settle in :)

• @mokay19 yea its good, but I wish I had known before I went to my annual appointment because now my insurance doesn't cover my "preconception appointment" with my new midwife.
  • KASGKASG member
    edited November 2015
    #TardyForTheParty

Cycle/Month: 4/6

CD/DPO: 19/7

Testing Plans: Nov. 20 (15DPO)

Rant/Vent: I've got nothing today.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together? Met at college band camp 9 years ago and started dating about 5.5 years ago.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @KASG welcome to the party :) congrats on ovulating :) I'm CD14 right now... my temp dropped dramatically today and I have a headache from it which usually means O day is soon... but it really makes sex the last thing on my mind... ugh the struggle is real
  • @aCrumble Sorry for your loss!  

Cycle/Month:  
    N/A

CD/DPO: CD 33/13 DPO?? FF thinks I O'd late.

TTA or TTC: TTA

Testing Plans:  Well, maybe tomorrow if AF doesn't show today.

Rant/Vent:  Sorry I've been MIA, work has been... stressful.  Anyways, still in the big TWW.  AF still hasn't shown but FF predicts she will today.  I did have a temp drop yesterday and it stayed about the same today so I'm sure she is on her way.  This cycle has been a big mindf*ck.  And the other night, DH mentioned possibly TTC in the near future?  Will he make up his damn mind?  Meanwhile, since we are apparently TTA, I've decided I might try to go to London with a friend in the spring.  Take that DH!

GTKY: How did you meet your SO, and how long have you been together?  We met in 2008 on a cruise in the middle of the ocean (anyone heard of The Rock Boat?).  Barely had a conversation but friended each other on MySpace afterwards (does that make me old?) and got to know each other that way.  A year later I moved across the country to be with him (okay, there were other reasons too) and we have now been married for over 4 years!
  • @LitlePrety Haha... MySpace! I think those of us familiar with MySpace are of a unique age group. I remember when Facebook came out and I thought there would be no way it would replace MySpace. I wonder how many of our profiles are still out there, untouched for the last ten years or so.
  • Vent: :( I am so happy for my friend and I prayed for her to get pregnant today... I feel so guilty because when she told me it hit me deep me the gut and I'm jealous... I don't want to be... I don't want our friendship to suffer because of this... help... I feel crazy...I also feel like there is no chance for us to get a BFP... bec this is our first cycle :( and getting a negative around the holidays is going to be so hard now that my friend I complain with is now pregnant

• @Katm89 I think this is a common feeling to have when TTC, but it is good that you are aware that being jealous is perhaps a wrong reaction. I think it is important to be aware that you can be happy for your friend while at the same time being disappointed if you don't get pregnant right away. And just because one person is pregnant does not mean you won't get pregnant. Or that your pregnancy would be any less important or exciting or wonderful. Sounds like you know you will likely not conceive this month, so just try not to worry about it and focus on other things. And when (if) your BFP finally comes, you will have a friend to sympathize with you (and hopefully little ones to play together someday)! I was TTC my first and about six other people conceived during the time we were trying, but now I love having other moms to talk with and other LOs for my LO to play with.
  • @AGM0616 I called my husband and vented to him because I didn't want to burden my friend and now I feel much better. I needed to be sad for a bit and now I'm ok... and she understands... I told her I may want to keep my distance during the holidays because I often get depressed about not having children during then... and she is being very sweet... I'm hopeful that I will get my BFP soon so we can be pregnant together... but I know extra pressure doesn't help.