January 2016 Moms

Down there.

2»

Re: Down there.

• Anybody waxing??? I'm guessing it wouldn't he a good time to start if you haven't been doing it up til now.

Yup, will be waxing it away (or thats what I keep telling myself) in the last few weeks. Have been waxing before pregnancy so hopefuly i'l gather the courage. (yes I can!!)
    As of now, just letting it be.
  • Maybe it's because I'm older, or just run in a different circle, but this has never been a thing. As far as we've discussed, none of my girlfriends have ever shaved either--pregnant or not.
    I know my husband and I had one convo about it early on in dating, and when I asked if he preferred it, he looked at me in confusion.

My doctor's pushing 60 at least, so I think he's seen a hairy hoo-hah or two in his day.
    You're lucky if I shave to the knee now that it's cold out. I'm more worried about the hairs that have started growing out of my chin.
    So glad I'm not the only one! I do trim every once in a while because it turns out unruly hair can get pulled while doing the dirty with DH (really ruins the mood). But I definitely am more concerned about the bits that the public sees, my new beard hairs, mustache, unibrow... There's so little room in my ribcage that even trying to see my pits to shave leaves me out-of-breath so I skip them occasionally, too. Forget about thighs and the pubic area. No. Way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man, I never do anything except trim down there when things get out of hand. I look for bathing suits and lingerie that require the least amount of hair removal. My FFFC was going to be that the arm pit situation has not improved since my last FFFC. I also run with a hairy crew (they shave/ wax their legs, pits and bikini line, but can't see the attraction of letting the bald eagle land on our patch).
  • With this being pregnancy #5, I've learned how to maintain to *my* liking while not having to do too much.  I shave the legs every week-ish, and I use Veet on my nethers every 3-ish weeks.  Fine balance between hairy beast and acceptable.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Luckily I can still reach and balance enough to keep it smooth. Got a little nervous yesterday when I wobbled a bit trying to reach my ankle. I'm thinking hubby is going to have to shower with me more so I don't topple over. Was also interesting trimming my toenails while holding my breath.
  • Emott13 said:

Luckily I can still reach and balance enough to keep it smooth. Got a little nervous yesterday when I wobbled a bit trying to reach my ankle. I'm thinking hubby is going to have to shower with me more so I don't topple over. Was also interesting trimming my toenails while holding my breath.

OH MAN. Toenail clipping = no breathing. Did it last night and ended up panting/sighing so hard that DH asked me if I was gonna make it.
    =))

Toenail clipping is by far my most difficult task these days!
  • I was *trying* to shave my legs last night and DH comes in and says "did you already shave there?" And I super proud said "yup, all done". He just laughed really hard, took the razor and reshaved both of my legs. I would have never known I was still hairy!
  • Anybody waxing??? I'm guessing it wouldn't he a good time to start if you haven't been doing it up til now.

Me! Every 6 weeks. It makes me feel more like myself so I'm keeping it up. If you're considering starting now and you've never done it before here are some things to consider: fine sparse hair hurts a lot less than coarse thick hair, it'll probably hurt more than it would not pregnant because of extra blood flow, it's not the most painful thing that's going to happen down there in the next few months.

Waxing is unplesant but not nearly as painful as I expected it to be before I started. In fact, non pregnant it barely hurts me anymore. Don't do it for the docs, though. They won't care. If you do it do it for you.
  • Sitting on the edge of the tub and putting one foot up at a time has been my go-to for leg shaving. I also had a slippery scare so I started sitting while shaving. Minus the reach, it has been much better!
  • I can't see anything!!! I'm scared of what it looks like.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Its a wild bush and I dont care.
  • Luckily I can still reach and balance enough to keep it smooth. Got a little nervous yesterday when I wobbled a bit trying to reach my ankle. I'm thinking hubby is going to have to shower with me more so I don't topple over. Was also interesting trimming my toenails while holding my breath.
    OH MAN. Toenail clipping = no breathing. Did it last night and ended up panting/sighing so hard that DH asked me if I was gonna make it.
    =)) Toenail clipping is by far my most difficult task these days!
    Pedicures! :)

Socks just aren't happening anymore- I gave up on those. Underwear is pretty acrobatic lately!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lljbean said:
    Since I was already up 42lbs at 19wks, at 29wks I pretty much just roll around the shower and hope soap gets on the important parts. 

eta: does "down there" include legs????? Asking for a friend. 
    OMG I'm dying! Crying laughing. This is one of the funniest threads ever. I keep picturing all of us trying to so hard to shave, and clip our toenails, and put on shoes, and everything else. Why does it all have to be so ridiculous?! 

As for me, it's probably getting a little unruly down there. I use a trimmer and just go by feel. I'm sure it looks like Steve Carrell on the 40 Year Old Virgin, but whatever. Effort counts!  :D  I still shave my ankles/calves once a week or so. I'm wearing pants most of the time to cover up my new lovely spider veins on my lily white legs, so that's awesome.
  • stlmomof2 said:

I'm sorry ladies. I did not mean to offend anyone with my comment. Maybe I should of used petite for my size? **crawls under table**

Small bump? [-O<

Again, my apologies.

I understand, a little insensitive I guess, but I'm not offended.

The first time around I was thin and fit and tall and not really showing until around 30 weeks. My abs just held it all in. So I get what you were saying.

This time I'm as fat as a house and haven't been able to see "down there" in months. So I see why some might have found your comment insensitive.

With whatever power I have, I pardon your crime. ;)
  • I'm so glad this post came back to page 1 because it sums up my whole life. *emoji guy rolling on the floor lauging*

I shave my legs pretty frequently because I'm extremely Italian and my hair is thick and grows in fast and I sleep in just boyshort undies and my legs rubbing against SOs hairy man legs isn't comfortable unless they're somewhat soft. As for "down there" I've shaved twice in the last 2 months. Both for occasions where I wanted to try (keyword: try) and be sexy. Both times took me about 15 minutes, and I had to be in very awkward positions. I don't recommend it.

I've considered waxing closer to my due date but I'm a baby and don't want to endure that type of torture.
  • I have a appt with my OB on Monday.. I can't see "down there" to tidy it up at all...
    Sadly, I need her to take a look at some discomfort I'm having....
    I hope she doesn't find some kind of wild animal in the mess I got going on in the nether regions.
  • I have an electric trimmer with the guard on to thin things out, but I'm flying blind, so I'm sure it looks like getting a hair cut with a weed wacker, but I couldn't take it anymore... Side note- I resorted to hubby to put on and tie my shoes for my nst today. Weighed in with them and all!