Pregnant after IF

**2nd Tri Check-in 11/9**

krbjoykrbjoy member
edited November 2015 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with a girl! 
@shelly333- EDD 2/3 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@hopes4baby- EDD 2/8 with two little ladies!
@jeannaqueena- EDD 2/21/16 with one little lady!
@Kendragrace1215- EDD 2/24/16 with one little lady!
@eekers- EDD 2/27/16 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@mrsloriw- EDD 3/11/16 with one little lady!
@fuzzbumble- EDD 3/12/16 with one little boy and one little lady!
@CTinNV - EDD 3/25/16 with a little boy! 
@efhoping2010- EDD 4/9/16 with twin boys 

@beckihall –EDD 4/22/16 with 2 beans a boy and a girl!

@krbjoy EDD 4/25/16 with a little lady!

@KidShrink EDD 5/3/16 with 1 bean

QOTW: 

Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
Me: 38 DH: 39
DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
2nd Beta 9/1......3707
U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: **2nd Tri Check-in 11/9**

• Sorry, I really have no idea what to put in for a QOTW. I'm too fresh into my 2nd tri to know what questions to ask. 

Nothing much to report here. Doing well. Headaches are lessening. a lot of growing pains. Seriously feels like I just hopped of a horse. Our home doppler (which I only use once every couple weeks to tide me over until next appointment) shows a very strong heartbeat. I'm having a hard time believing how fast time is flying. With the holidays coming up it's really going to zoom by. DH and I planned a tiny babymoon after the holidays just before my 3rd tri. Nothing fancy, just going up to Niagara Falls for the weekend. Hopefully it won't blizzard on our drive up.Other than that, just making room for baby. Clearing out the home office and getting nursery ideas.

Hop everyone is doing well!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krbjoy : ah, that's funny, we've been considering going to Niagara Falls too! It's only an hour away from us (we live between there and Toronto), and we go quite regularly when friends and family come to visit (they're in Montreal). If you've never been and you get a chance, make sure to make a little detour by Niagara on the Lake. DH is a member at Trius, so we always take guests for complimentary wine tastings and tours (the icewine tour might be interesting, but you might be limited on the tasting part...I really don't care and am always the designated driver). There's also an italian restaurant we like called the Old Winery, across from Jackson's Triggs winery. We often travel to Montreal to see family and will be reducing the frequency of visits just because I don't know how much driving I can handle once I'm ad big as a house, so really staying home and seeing no one for an entire weekend would be just as nice of a treat for us! Canadian thanksgiving was a few weeks ago already, so it'll be pretty quiet on our end until Christmas.

Nothing much on my end either. Getting a few headaches in the past few days though. I also have to go for bloodwork on Friday for the second part of the IPS screening. We were in Montreal for an event on DH's side of the family this weekend, and I got plenty of belly rubbing. It's definitely looking more bump than bloat now (15 weeks tomorrow), but it's a little high to be baby. Oh well, I guess other stuff has to move out of the way considering baby's size now.

We're planning on going to look for cribs and strollers this weekend. A store close to where we live has really nice baby furniture, but they told me that the crib I was looking at would take up to 16 weeks for delivery, so I'm freaking out a bit about getting that settled if that's what we're going to go with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Can't believe this is my last 2nd tri check in. Nothing much to report. Tired. Always tired. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • See my mini freak out in the thread below. Thankfully, all is well I apparently just have a problem thinking up reasons to worry. Being pregnant with a girl after 2 boys and over 35 is apparently a little different.

We bunked our 2 boys last night in one room in bunk beds. Took an hour plus to get them to sleep. The soon to be nursery is now a dumping ground and I have to figure out how to fit 2 boys and all their toys and clothes into one room before I can tackle the nursery!! I wish it was easier to post a photo! It's a war zone in there.

2 more weeks till 3rd tri!! I am so excited! I just can't hide it!.....I am so...so... Scared! That we can't get it all done in time!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Glad it was nothing serious! Oh, our IF brains sometimes! Good luck with moving everything! We're lucky to have plenty of space, but yesterday I came up with the idea of transforming our main floor office into a play room for baby. So I just added on to our to-do list! And we feel completely ridiculous to feel like we're running out of space. We bought a house way too big for the two of us (plus dog and cat) and we felt completely lost in there for the longest time, then got used to the size, and now that we have to share, we're thinking we'll need to move (not anytime soon, but we realized we didn't have much space for all kinds of baby toys and equiment in the living room). Thinking about packing everything and moving is giving me mild panic attacks already!
    FX you manage to get everything ready in the next few weeks! I'm sure your boys will love the bunk beds!
  • Sorry I havent been on lately to see how ladies are doing! My hubby and I have been extremely busy trying to get lots of stuff done on the honey do list that keeps growing. My hubby says its official that i am in the thick of the nesting phase! 

I just wanted to pop in and wish you guys the best of luck as i head on over to the 3rd trimester check in. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @KidShrink I swear that unless you have a 3000 sq ft house there is never enough room. I am full nesting mood and it is driving DH crazy! We are also in the middle of our basement remodel and a flip house plus you know day to day life! I can't imagine wanting to move right now! But really somehow it all fits. I am an interior designer by training and 4th generation (must be in the blood) so the nesting is seriously out of control and I have high standards for my own house.

DH has 4 older siblings that all said "just wait when you have kids you can't keep the house nice" well my mom did with 3 girls and I am determined that there will be order and my home will not be a dumping ground like my in laws houses all are. They have piles of crap everywhere! Wow sorry for the tangent!!

@shelly333 hi and happy 3rd tri!! I feel ya on the nesting! Hope your honey is actually working on your list. Unlike mine!!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Just had another doctors appointment and she is happy with how things are going. I have finally started to gain weight since the nausea stopped. I just popped too. I swear that happened overnight. I am sure that now that I can eat my weight gain will Make up for lost time. Starting to freak out about the nursery and not being further long right now.