3rd Trimester
Options

teen mom?

Anyone else was/is a teen mom and still in school? I need help or advice on how to make everything easier like standing,sittin in the desk and peeing all the time.

Re: teen mom?

• Options

Can you speak with someone at your school about accommodating you while you are pregnant? Perhaps you get unlimited bathroom breaks, etc. You'd think they would want to help you out and make school as easy as possible right now so you don't drop out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Highschool? I got pregnant at 17 with my first but I graduated at 17 so I was only a couple months. But when I went to college I personally had no issues with desks. They have to let you take bathroom breaks and you can ask for just a chair that is not attached to a desk. Tall to your counselor or teacher in each class. I think communicating with your teachers in general will make things easier just so they are aware.
  • Options
    Teaching at a high school, I can empathize. I used to sit in my student desks to work myself... don't fit any more :(
    I hope that your teachers are helping find accommodations like desks you fit into. I have to sit sideways in the desks with chairs attached. As a pp said, good for you for staying, keep it up! Hopefully the teachers look at that and make things work reasonably for you. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was a teen mom with my oldest, its going to be difficult but there actually is a lot of support these days. I would talk to your counselor or call the district to see what resources are available in your area, I know when I was in school I was able to double up on classes via online and graduate early. Communicating the support you need from teachers / school might be all it takes to help you out!
  • Options
    I am a teen mom. I am 17, but I am doing a dual enrollement program. I go to college full time, so I just switched to all online classes when I got pregnant... Is there any way you could go online??
  • Options
    Be as upfront as possible with your teachers and be specific about what you need and why.
    Do the best you can and good for you for sticking it out!