Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Hcg level after D&c

Hi all! Forgive me because the search feature isn't working on my phone so I can't see if this is a common question or not. My hcg levels went from 23,000 to 16,000 to 12,000 Monday, Wednesday, Friday. All the nurses said was "this is very slow". I had a D&c that Friday after a missed miscarriage (empty sac/no fetal pole at supposed to be 10 weeks). I am
Not going for another blood draw until my follow up in 4 weeks.

Is this common or crazy?! Anyone care to share how long it took for their levels to drop if it was considered "slow"? And am I correct in that there is nothing that can be done to lower hcg except to wait for it to drop to 0?

Thoughts and prayers to you all :)

Re: Hcg level after D&c

• My level was 73000 or something like that and I had a d&c but it took 4 weeks for my Hcg to drop all the way down.
  • Thanks for the reply! I had known idea if it took weeks or months. Not doing another blood draw for 4 weeks when I see my doc for flownup so I will ask more questions then
  • Loading the player...
  • I was about as far along and am still getting pretty solidly positive hpts three weeks later. With my first d&c it took 24 days.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.