March 2016 Moms

The Night Owl Thread

Up in the middle of the night? Kept up by heartburn (like me!), storms, general sleeplessness, snoring partners... Come check in here and see what others are up to!

Re: The Night Owl Thread

• On Monday night, I woke up every 15 minutes. It was brutal. Then my alarm went off at 6am because I had to travel for a morning youth concert with my orchestra 2.5 hours away. I had a better night's sleep last night (Tuesday), another early morning for two more concerts (trying not to fall asleep during the concerts AND the highway drive), so of course that means I can't sleep tonight. I've been awake for almost 20 hours now. Tonight's culprit: heartburn. Zantac didn't do it for me this time. I just had a glass of milk (which woke up Baby, kicking and dancing in there), and I hope it will cool things down enough to be able to recline!

Scary though: tornado watch through the night. We had a warning earlier, with a tornado touch-down about 5 miles away, and our fence got ripped down while I was in the basement with my boys, but it's downgraded to a "watch" tonight and high-wind warnings. The windows are shaking! This is some crazy weather for November!!
  • I have a feeling this is going to get more and more popular over the next few months...stay tuned :)  in my last FB group, we called it the Up All Night Club :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • The baby loves to wake up when daddy does for work (4am) and kick me until I wake up. I guess he's just getting me ready for the sleepless nights to come.

Mine has been doing the same. She starts kicking when we go to bed and I end up lying awake until 12-1a. Then my husband's alarm goes off at 4am and by the time he leaves the kicking starts again until about 6. I get a lot of reading done now.
  • This thread makes me so so so thankful for Unisom :D
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Last night I was up from 1-5 with stomach issues :-(  To say I'm dragging today is an understatement.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • This may be my new favorite thread!
    I'm such a light sleeper anymore, I wake up Atleast 3-4 times throughout the night.
    Plus I'm a night shifter.
  • Every night, all night for me. Lol. As soon as I lay down, he starts going crazy. And once I finally fall asleep, I'm up at least 3 times to go to the bathroom. But I FINALLY took a unisom for the first time in maybe two months the other night and slept for 7 hours! (2 hours more than my normal) :smiley:
  • Probably shouldn't have fallen asleep at 7:30. Now I am wiiddeeee awake.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Well, I'm awake. It's going to be a long night. Came down with a cold this evening and I am miserable with my runny nose and sore throat. And I was supposed to go to a friend's baby shower tomorrow, but I don't want to risk getting her sick. I foresee Netflix in my immediate future

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How about awake because of being on the other side of the world? Haha! It's 10.30pm here in New Zealand right now, but LO is having a dance party that generally slows down around 1am, but gives me plenty of time to read through all of your daytime(?) posts! ;)
  • Awake here too. Ds passed his stomach bug to me and I am going to be spending the rest of the night hugging the toilet bowl. Ds is also awake, I am feeling so miserable I couldn't take the time to get him back to sleep so he is currently in our bed watching cartoons at 4 am.

I've tried to wake dh twice, but he is basically a zombie at night and just grunts and rolls over. Sigh. I love him dearly, but If this were reversed he'd have me up and out of bed and waiting on him hand and foot. It's just not fair!
  • So sorry to hear, @Stormiewinter
    And @zephyrlt hope you're feeling better.
    @hellomylittleone that's as good a reason as I've ever heard haha!
    I was up all night with teething tot, but resisted pulling out my phone to bump bc I knew I'd have no hope of falling back asleep ever if I got sucked in

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Ugh 1:58 am: been up since hubby came home at 1:20. It took me a good half hour to get comfy them 5 minutes later, my tummy is running on empty and I'm STARVING. I just ate a bowl of cereal and now i have to pee again... then it will take another 3 minutes to get comfy...
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

• Can't sleep because someone in particular is too busy kicking around my insides. :) best feeling EVER!! And also maybe I'm hormonal but that thread asking for babies has really scared the living daylights out of me. I'm so creeped out now. :neutral:

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • DH has recently started snoring way worse than he used to. I have to roll him over most nights just to get him to stop. But without fail, every night baby is up and looking for playtime at about 2 in the morning. Unison is useless to me. Oh these next few months are going to be so fun!
  • Up every 15 min to flip over, and I could almost sense Baby girl knocking saying, "Hey!! I'm trying to sleep here!!"

Bonus: the prescription heartburn meds prescribed by my midwife have a side effect of nausea...wtf?! That is not much better!
  • jilloboe said:
    Up every 15 min to flip over, and I could almost sense Baby girl knocking saying, "Hey!! I'm trying to sleep here!!" Bonus: the prescription heartburn meds prescribed by my midwife have a side effect of nausea...wtf?! That is not much better!
    Burn that prescription now!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited November 2015
    It's cool kiddo. Just kick away all night again. Pssssshhh! Sleep who needs it?
    -__-

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @hellomylittleone im in new zealand too! I think there is only a few of us here! Ive been finding for the last 3 nights LO has been practising bladder kicks at 1am and 3am. Hate to think what will happen as she gets bigger
  • Non-baby related...it's raining here and while I love the rain I hate this new drain my apartment complex put in. It's right outside the bedroom and it is so freaking loud when it rains. I don't think they thought this through very well...I'd prefer the old pvc pipes they had regardless of how they looked.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• We went out to eat last night and I had a delicious crispy chicken salad which is now wreaking havoc on my digestive system. I'm up at 2AM with a nice gurgly stomach ache. At least it is just starting to thunderstorm here, I love thunderstorms (not severe). It's so unseasonably warm here, usually we're having snow in MN this time of year; not rain for days on end. But I'm not complaining... I'll take this until after Thanksgiving, then I'm ready for snow!

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Well little miss surley wants me to know she is awake. Super active tonight, but I love feeling her move. There's no such thing as an over active baby, right?
  • gmj3 said:
    Well little miss surley wants me to know she is awake. Super active tonight, but I love feeling her move. There's no such thing as an over active baby, right?
    Definitely not.  Just means you may have an overly active toddler :D
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Same issue (issue doesn't sound right...same happenings?) with baby here too. Crazy active at night to the point the kicks actually hurt. Still tremendously happy to feel them.

I wouldn't mind feeling them a little more toward the afternoon though. Wonder how I can relay the message to her.
  • Didn't take any heartburn meds...will I see some of you in a couple of hours?? Crossing my fingers!
  • It's 1:40 in the morning and it's my own damn fault that I'm awake. Fell asleep at 6 and didn't wake up til 10, ate some ice cream, watched some netflix, and now.... Nothing. Not even a yawn. Nooooooooo
  • I'm so over the 1-3am, wide awake crap!!! Teaching 1st graders on little sleep with no caffeine is NOT for the faint of heart! God bless week long Thsnsgiving Breaks and the upcoming 2 week long Christmas break. I'm SO ready for the afternoon naps and sleeping in!
  • My boy has now decided that he wants to dance kick and move btwn the hours of 12 midnight and 5am lol and of coarse when I do fall asleep I have to pee!! 25wks love every minute
  • edited November 2015

Obligatory 3 am pee break wake up call post. A part of me so misses the days of a full 8 hours but the rest of me is (deliriously?) thankfully that my body is conditioning itself for the joys of motherhood :joy:

ETA: me is not menus. 3am brain working whoops.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I have been sleeping well (for being pregnant anyway). up every hour or two to pee, but managed to fall right back asleep.  Now watch- I've just jinxed myself for tonight lol. 

• Holy cow, do I feel crappy tonight. Hoping this is not another all-nighter. I'm making lunch with one other person for 30 ladies tomorrow, then I perform at this luncheon, then we have a photo shoot on Saturday morning for a political ad we've been asked to be a part of, then my son's birthday party, then I'm giving a workshop for 8 people at my house on Sunday, and we are taking my DH's freshman class out for dinner that evening. A blizzard is in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon, and my husband jokingly said that might solve all our problems, forcing us to do nothing. That sounds glorious about now, as I don't think I'll be able to do all this on NO SLEEP!!
  • Argh. DH came home from work and woke me up- now I'm uo but he's asleep. Asshole...lol.

And I was sleeping so much better now that I got a humidifier running!

• charley15 said:

Argh. DH came home from work and woke me up- now I'm uo but he's asleep. Asshole...lol.

And I was sleeping so much better now that I got a humidifier running!

My husband woke me up leaving for work, which started the kicking and heartburn.
  • My humidifier is really helping too! So glad I finally got one.
  • I started my betamethasone injections yesterday and when they say it may cause trouble sleeping they are not kidding. My ceiling is so boring.
  • I had to work til 3:30am last night, meaning I didn't get to sleep until after 4:30am. I am a zombie today.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"