Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie charter

Hi all. Im 34 and This is my second cycle TTC and I'm trying to get a handle on when I ovulate. My cycle is usually 24 to 26 days. This is my first cycle charting. Still trying to figure this out... I had an HSG on CD9 and it was normal. Also no postive opks yet. Started on CD7. Any thoughts on my chart would be much appreciated. Thx! https://FertilityFriend.com/home/5fc503

Me: 34 DH:47
Me: low progesterone; LP defect
TTC #1 since July 2015

IUI #1 - July  14, 2016 - Clomid 50mg, Ovidrel, Estrogen & Progesterone - 4 follicles- BFN
IUI #2 - August 16, 2016- Femara 5mg, Ovidrel, Progesterone, 3 follicles- BFP

Re: Newbie charter

• Options
    Hi all. Im 34 and This is my second cycle TTC and I'm trying to get a handle on when I ovulate. My cycle is usually 24 to 26 days. This is my first cycle charting. Still trying to figure this out... I had an HSG on CD9 and it was normal. Also no postive opks yet. Started on CD7. Any thoughts on my chart would be much appreciated. Thx! https://FertilityFriend.com/home/5fc503

@kristynelson13 it doesn't look like you've ovulated yet as you haven't had a rise in a temperature that has stayed elevated. If this is your first cycle, you might be one of the lucky ones that get's an ovulation dip before you temp does rise but you won't know until you finish charting this cycle. My temp always dips it's lowest before rising and sustaining verifying ovulation. Also, i saw some open circles on your chart, make sure you take your temp around the same time everyday. I set an alarm to wake me up on my days off so I can get a temp and go back to sleep, it makes a difference. 

Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    Your chart is not showing ovulation.  However, I can see you are not using a basal body thermometer and you also have some open circles, indicating you are either not temping at the same time or you marked sleep deprived.  Next cycle I would try to fix those two things.  Mabis is a good thermometer to use.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The other two answered the chart question well, so I'll leave that to the experts and just say "hi!"
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    I agree with PP that your haven't ovulated yet and may or may not on CD16 depending on your next 3 temps. The concern is that if you ovulate on CD16 and have a 24 day cycle that's an 8 day LP which a lot of MDs would say can not sustain a pregnancy. Or maybe I'm jumping to
    Conclusions and we should wait and see what your temps do over the next few days...
  • Options
    MrsDho11 said:
    The other two answered the chart question well, so I'll leave that to the experts and just say "hi!"
    Me too! Hello :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There's a lot of great info. Thanks so much. And yes! I realized that may be an issue a bit too late .... also, does alcohol the night before change temps as well?

TTC #1 since July 2015

IUI #1 - July  14, 2016 - Clomid 50mg, Ovidrel, Estrogen & Progesterone - 4 follicles- BFN
  • Options
    I thought all thermometers were the same. Durrr. I'll definitely have to correct that one!

TTC #1 since July 2015

• Options

I agree with PP that your haven't ovulated yet and may or may not on CD16 depending on your next 3 temps. The concern is that if you ovulate on CD16 and have a 24 day cycle that's an 8 day LP which a lot of MDs would say can not sustain a pregnancy. Or maybe I'm jumping to
    Conclusions and we should wait and see what your temps do over the next few days...

I'm afraid of this as well... we shall see I suppose. ..

TTC #1 since July 2015

• Options

I thought all thermometers were the same. Durrr. I'll definitely have to correct that one!
    Nope.  And we like the Mabis BBT around here.  Don't get the cute pink target BBT as it favors temps.  
  • Options
    Yes alcohol can effect your temps (usually higher) if you have had a night of heavy drinking. Also, welcome and good luck!!!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    There's a lot of great info. Thanks so much. And yes! I realized that may be an issue a bit too late .... also, does alcohol the night before change temps as well?
    Depends.  For some women alcohol affects temps, for others it doesn't.  Also depends on how much.  Some women can drink like a fish and have no effect, other can have one glass.  
  • Options
    bsckgb7 said:

Depends.  For some women alcohol affects temps, for others it doesn't.  Also depends on how much.  Some women can drink like a fish and have no effect, other can have one glass.  

The crazy thing is 2 nights were heavy drinking nights and the morning after my temp actually went down. I expected the opposite :wink:

TTC #1 since July 2015

• Options
    Hi and welcome! 
    The crazy thing is 2 nights were heavy drinking nights and the morning after my temp actually went down. I expected the opposite :wink:
    I am fairly certain alcohol the night before also makes my temps artificially low, rather than high. You really just have to keep tracking and see what is normal for you! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP that your haven't ovulated yet and may or may not on CD16 depending on your next 3 temps. The concern is that if you ovulate on CD16 and have a 24 day cycle that's an 8 day LP which a lot of MDs would say can not sustain a pregnancy. Or maybe I'm jumping to Conclusions and we should wait and see what your temps do over the next few days...
    Don't borrow trouble. Just because your cycle is usually 24 days doesn't mean that it will be this cycle. You're regular until you're not. You will just have to keep charting and see. Please do not drive yourself crazy by calculating your luteal phase based off of past cycle length rather than a full cycle of charting with confirmed O.
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Options
    KyCat said:

Don't borrow trouble. Just because your cycle is usually 24 days doesn't mean that it will be this cycle. You're regular until you're not. You will just have to keep charting and see. Please do not drive yourself crazy by calculating your luteal phase based off of past cycle length rather than a full cycle of charting with confirmed O.

You are totally right...will try to keep that in mind!

TTC #1 since July 2015

• Options
    bsckgb7 said:

Nope.  And we like the Mabis BBT around here.  Don't get the cute pink target BBT as it favors temps.  

What do you mean it "favors temps"? I bought the target one just to get the ball rolling while I wait for the Mabis to come in the mail. Just curious what the difference is?

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Also, welcome @kristynelson13!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Just wondering, why did you have an HSG on cycle 2?

I've heard from others an HSG can delay O by a few days.
  • Options
    Update! Got a smiley face on my OPK this morning. Hopefully tomorrow night won't be too late...

TTC #1 since July 2015

• Options

Update! Got a smiley face on my OPK this morning. Hopefully tomorrow night won't be too late...

You usually have a couple days after a smiley face to O. I've even O'd 5 days later so it can all vary. Goodluck and FX!

Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    chrlyr said:
    I can't be the only one who thought the title of this post meant something entirely different, right? I was excited about the prospect of finally clarifying the rights of newbies. image

Nope, just you I think. :) 

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk:

• Options
    chrlyr said:

I can't be the only one who thought the title of this post meant something entirely different, right? I was excited about the prospect of finally clarifying the rights of newbies.

No. I thought it was going to be a drama thread too, but wasn't sure whether it was going to be pro newbie or anti.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    chrlyr said:
    I can't be the only one who thought the title of this post meant something entirely different, right? I was excited about the prospect of finally clarifying the rights of newbies. image
    @Chrlyr I thought for sure it was going to be that kind of charter! I was actually slightly confused when it wasn't that... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    chrlyr said:

I'm so relieved my mind isn't the only one that works this way!  I was like "they need a charter??"

OP, everyone else's advice was good.  The Target BBT "favors temps" in that it will register the same temp several days in a row, rather than your actual temp.  If you see a chart with a couple temps in a row that are the same, odds are they're using a Target thermometer.

Also, just a warning: I switched thermometers mid-cycle a few cycles ago, and it messed up my chart to the extent that FF couldn't find O date (just because the two thermometers were finding different temps for me so the shift was fairly hard to find).  So I would recommend finishing out this cycle with your current thermometer, even if you get your Mabis mid-cycle. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    chrlyr said:
    This!! I was expecting a discussion on rights and privileges, the whole 9 yards! It took me a while to figure out what charter in the title referred too. 
  • Options
    krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited November 2015
    @ashbear720 I think everyone is different. Alcohol raises my BBT significantly.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @bsckgb7 Grr. Everyone always told me a regular thermometer is fine. I've been temping for almost 2 years. Guess it doesn't really matter since I always have a clear shift, but it's annoying to find out people gave me incorrect information.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    krzyriver said:
    @bsckgb7 Grr. Everyone always told me a regular thermometer is fine. I've been temping for almost 2 years. Guess it doesn't really matter since I always have a clear shift, but it's annoying to find out people gave me incorrect information.

If you can see clear shift, I say keep on. I used my Target BBT and was still able to see a shift. People are usually asked to switch if they having trouble w a shift (like OP was)