July 2016 Moms
Options

Chinese gender predictor?

The bump week by week videos suggested trying the predictor. I know it's 100% for fun, but the bump says it a girl! When I tried other predictors it says boy! I would lI've a girl to dress up, but I'd be so happy with either.

Has anyone else done this? What were your results?
Me: 27
DH: 29
BFP: 10/25/2015
EDD: 7/5/2015!!

Re: Chinese gender predictor?

• Options
    I just did it and it said girl. It was wrong will all three boys so I am not putting much stock into it.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    kdm06c said:

I just did it and it said girl. It was wrong will all three boys so I am not putting much stock into it.

Haha I'm not either it's just fun!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is a little confusing as I transferred and frozen embryo and I had a birthday between conception and transfer. One said boy the other said girl... maybe I'll just have one of each! Silly but fun.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had never heard of this before, but I just did it; it said girl lol
  • Options
    The chart was right for LO1 (a girl). Honestly, I'd love another girl! Should LO2 stick, LO2 would be a boy. I'm 27 US and 29 Cantonese. 
    TTC #1: Jun 2014. BFP #1: Jul 18, 2014. DD born Mar 2015.
    TTC #2: Aug 2015. BFP: #2: Nov 9, 2015. EDD: Jul, 21 2015.
    Vow Renewal: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    I just tried it! Mine says girl! I hope that's right! DH wants a son first but I just love little girls clothes!! I want all the bows and ruffles!!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    Mine said girl, but i was reading one about baking soda and using your pee

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine said girl, but i was reading one about baking soda and using your pee
    I was just reading that on the June 2016 board. The Chinese and Mayan predictors say boy but I tried the baking soda one for fun and it said girl. I really want a girl so I'm obviously biased, but you'd think something that "works" with your biology would be more accurate than a combination of dates that has nothing to do with your body, right?? ;) I want to be team green anyway so its a moot point but it's still fun to guess. 
  • Options
    When I did the Chinese gender calendar it said girl but I to tried to baking soda trick and got boy.. so I guess it's 50/50
  • Options
    I got girl, but based on our timing I'm gonna guess boy. We'll just have to wait and see though. Apparently H's grandma has a talent for this sort of thing so we'll have to see what she thinks. We are both kind of hoping for a girl but of course will be happy either way. 

My old boss tried every old wive's tale predictor in the book and always got girl, really wanted a girl, "just knew" it was a girl... and had a boy. :P She said she nearly pooped herself when the ultrasound told her. 
  • Options
    You have a 50% chance BUT it's actually 49.5%/49.5%/1% in North America for a boy/girl/intersex child.

I know that this is all in good fun right now, but this sort of thread gets really old when you start to see posts about Chinese gender prediction and then the Ramzi theory then the nub...

Sooner or later you have all kinds of people posting their ultrasounds to the site without cropping out their names and medical identification numbers and asking us what we think they are going to have.

Stranger danger! I'm warning you all now.
  • Options
    The Bump week by week videos suggested doing it so it seemed like good fun. We're in a BMB group so we're all about 4 months away from anyone being able to tell the sex of any of our babies.

Thanks for the warning on the name cropping tho.

• Options
    Mine says girl for this pregnancy. It said girl last time and I had a girl.
  • Options
    ijstarr28 said:

The Bump week by week videos suggested doing it so it seemed like good fun. We're in a BMB group so we're all about 4 months away from anyone being able to tell the sex of any of our babies.

Thanks for the warning on the name cropping tho.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to do it… I'm just saying that it's going to get old really fast. Just as an FYI though, a lot of moms will be able to find out the sex of their baby at 10 weeks from bloodwork.