June 2016 Moms
Options

First US, mixed news

I had my first US today. By my lmp, I'm 10 weeks by baby is only measuring 6w0d, no hb yet. I go in next Tuesday for a repeat ultrasound. I have PCOS, so my cycle is funky, so it's possible the dates are just off. My awesome NP says it's about 50/50. She offered to test my hcg but I declined, I would rather just wait for the US and see where we go from there. I'm still hoping... Grow little bean, grow!

Re: First US, mixed news

• Options
    I had a friend in a similar situation. She just had a long cycle and ovulated way later than expected. Her son is 7 now :) fingers crossed for you and your little one that all is well!
  • Options
    I hope you see a strong hb next time! T&P
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending prayers! When did you get your BFP?
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    I'm in a similar situation. Prayers for you that you have a perfect u/s. :)

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    We're you temping and charting to track ovulation? If you weren't it can be hard to know for sure how far along you are until you get those two ultrasounds for comparison. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great outcome at your second US!
  • Options
    Fx for you for excellent news!!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    Keeping my FX for you and your bean!!
  • Options
    FX for you!
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FX for good news for you and your little one!
  • Options
    FX it's a case of wonky dates
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fx for a good follow up.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    FX for you and your little bean. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    FX for good news!
  • Options
    I have PCOS and crazy cycles too. I was in my last cycle before we were going to start treatment and I ended up pregnant!!! I was hardly tracking temps because I was looking forward to my next cycle starting for treatment. My RE gave me a dating ultrasound and counted back and discovered i ovulated on CD28, so when a "normal" cycle would have ended! Try not to worry too much before your next ultrasound. FX you get a heartbeat and bigger baby!!!
  • Options
    I wasn't tracking temps because we were "not not trying" but didn't really expect anything to happen! The BFP was a happy surprise. I got it around October 5-7, if I remember correctly. The US looked perfect for a 6 week pregnancy, so I'm hoping and hoping we see a HB next week and just have to adjust to the idea of a July baby!
  • Options
    I was told by my missed period that I was supposedly around 9 weeks when I went in for my 1st appt on 10/28. I was actually only 6 weeks 5 days. Had to adjust to that! I was surprised to see the heart beat that early, but very cool.
  • Options
    I have PCOS also. With my second pregnancy, I went for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat and baby was measuring smaller. A week later, the heartbeat was there. He came out a whomping 9lbs 5 oz! Sometimes with PCOS, it is really hard to tell when you ovulated

imageimage

• Options
    When I first went to the doctor, we thought I was 10 weeks. Then found out I only measured 5 1/2 weeks and there was no HB. I'm now 7 weeks (crazy adjustment of 4 weeks) but this little peanut has a good HB now.

Sending prayers your way that everything is great!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!  I am in a similar situation. I went for an ultrasound Nov 2 because I thought I was 7w5d but the doctor told me I was measuring small and no heartbeat.  This is my first pregnancy and I didn't like how she communicated so I found another OBGYN. I had my first appt. with the new office yesterday and the doc told me that there is still no heartbeat but the baby is bigger than it was last week.  The doc also told me that some women can be up to 4 weeks behind what their LMP tells them!  I can't wrap my mind around that but reading your post is making me feel better.  I have another ultrasound next week.  I should be in the 6 week area by then.  Praying my little bean has a heartbeat!
  • Options
    I don't have PCOS but I do have irregular cycles. By my LMP I was supposed to be 7weeks due May 15th. I went to the DR a few days later and turned out I was 4weeks4days! The only thing they could see was the sac. My HCG was drawn and my numbers were high/doubling (2000-4000) so my OB said I must have just ovulated late. Sure enough 3 weeks later my nugget had a heartbeat @7wks0days (new due date June 6th)! Such a relief to hear their little heart beating away. I would suggest getting your HCG drawn-it can ease your mind a little. I'm hoping for positive outcomes for you!
  • Options
    Hoping for positive news for you!! Irregular cycles make it so difficult! Plus, if you find out you are pregnant and try to calculate the date, it gets frustrating to be pushed back. You feel like you got a milestone thinking you are 8 weeks along, just to be told you are two weeks earlier! Especially when you just want this first trimester to go by so your risk dwindles!