Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Double Stroller for Newborn & Two Year old....Car seat?!

So, I am researching and researching and it is making me what to blow my brains out, LOL!  I'm not due until the spring, by that point I will have a newborn, and a <2 year old....SO, a double stroller is a MUST!  Here is the thing though - do you think I NEED the car seat....my thought is a full recline would work just as well seeing as LO will be all bundled up and strapped in...But I wonder what moms that have gone thru this think!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Double Stroller for Newborn &amp; Two Year old....Car seat?!

• Options
    We had the Chicco Keyfit 30 for DD. She just turned two. We also got the City Mini GT stroller when we had her. We recently got the City Select stroller since it can be either a single or double stroller and I will be using the infant carseat with it with an adapter. We didn't get the second seat for it - only the adapters because I don't know if we will even need a second seat by the time this LO would be sitting in a regular seat. I'm due right before Christmas. I don't like dealing with strapping in and unstrapping an infant to and from the carseat, especially if they are sleeping. You need a carseat for the baby, anyway. Are you thinking of not getting an infant carseat?

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ha, no, LO will use the infant seat we already have!  Its the Keyfit 30 as well.  But my "oldest" will still be only maybe 20 months when #2 comes...Yikes.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got a 15 month & newborn. We're using the city select double with adapters for a Britax. Love it! Folds so compactly & fits easily with all seats up in our 3 row suv. I have to take the adapters and seat out when I fold because I have both kids rear facing. Toddler closest to me and infant seat in rear.
  • Options
    Cvance16 said:

Ha, no, LO will use the infant seat we already have!  Its the Keyfit 30 as well.  But my "oldest" will still be only maybe 20 months when #2 comes...Yikes.....

I'd use the infant seat with the adapter o the stroller rather than taking the newborn in and out of the car seat to the stroller.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My DD will be 2 when this baby is born. We bought the BOB dualie revolution with the adapter for the britax car seat.
  • Options
    We bought a baby jogger city select. I'm obsessed with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    City mini double for sure. You'll have your hands full (literally) and need something that's light and easy. And get the car seat adaptor second hand. Being able to plop baby #2 into the stroller without unbuckling/buckling is a luxury!