April 2016 Moms
Options

Whatevs, I'm a reg.. baby boy names!

edited November 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Help me choose! I am sort of in love with Harry, but my husband is really leaning towards Julian. We want to use Richard for the MN, as it's the name of my dad and my FIL (and we couldn't use it with our first, Rhys, because it just didn't go). Rhys Addison is big brother.

Also open to other suggestions!

I posted this on the baby name board too but then I was like, hey, I sort of want to know what my A'16 ladies think.
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Whatevs, I'm a reg.. baby boy names! 94 votes

Harrison Richard (would go by Harry)
38% 36 votes
Julian Richard
39% 37 votes
Jude Richard
19% 18 votes
Other? Make a suggestion!
3% 3 votes

Re: Whatevs, I'm a reg.. baby boy names!

• Options
    Oh man! I love Harry too. It was my top boy name but my husband thinks it sounds too much like "hairy."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Harrison Richard ,but I also agree that teenagers are awful now days and he would be called Harry Dick way to often. My heart would break for him if he didn't just let it roll of his shoulders.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just the teenagers in my area, but I went to school with a Harry Bonner, and he only ever got called Hairy Boner once. And it was an accident, made by an adult. Everyone laughed, including Harry, and everyone moved on. My jr high student also doesn't see or hear about name teasing happening, although she admits that she's shy about admitting that her mn comes from star trek.
    Anyway, that's me voting for Harrison...
  • Options
    I love all of your choices. Harrison wins by a hair for me, even with the Harry Dick potential it's a great name.
  • Options
    Harrison is such a beautiful name! Would totally go for it :)

• Options
    I am always a sucker to the name Jude :)
  • Options
    I looooooove Jude, but I think Julian goes better with Richard.
  • Options
    I say this with all the love in the world.. Teenage boys are awful.. I'd avoid Harry Dick at all costs.
    hahahah that never even crossed my mind, thanks for pointing it out. I like Harry so much that I might choose a different middle name. Although I feel like the majority of kids won't know his middle name anyway, but you never know.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @mojomama6 grew up with nicer kids than I did. I really like both names but I prefer Harrison just a bit.
  • Options
    I think Harrison Richard sounds great but the nn.. not so much. Maybe he wont share his middle name so it wont be an issue. I like Harrison but have no idea how it would sound with your last name, I met a Harrison with the last name Foote for example.

I dont think Jude sounds good with Richard, and not really a fan of Julian.
    Sorry, probably not much help.
  • Options
    I think Harrison Richard sounds great but the nn.. not so much. Maybe he wont share his middle name so it wont be an issue. I like Harrison but have no idea how it would sound with your last name, I met a Harrison with the last name Foote for example. I dont think Jude sounds good with Richard, and not really a fan of Julian. Sorry, probably not much help.
    It is helpful, thanks :-D I like that you guys bring up points I might not have considered. I think they all sound good with our last name :-)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I love Harrison. I actually considered naming my little boy this if I could get MH on board. Probably not going to happen for us though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    He could also go by Harry as a young kid and by family but by Harrison or a different NN at school. My DH is Charlie to family but is Chuck at work.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    I was going to pick Harrison but then...well...nn...

I picked Jude because *JudeLaw* sigh...I also have an ex named Julian so I just can't get on board with it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I love Jude.  It's one of my all time favorite boy names.  I actually think all of your names are great!
  • Options
    I love Harrison! It was on my list but my cousin named her son Harry so that's a no for us. But, I love Harrison!!! I would just change the middle name.
  • Options
    I like the name Harrison, but not Harry. I voted for Jude! I think Jude Richard flows better than Julian Richard, but I also like the name Julian. Guess Im not much help, haha.
  • Options
    I like Harrison over Harry. The only "h" name I like that's short is Henry...I'm picky.

I don't dislike Julian, but it's not my fave. Not a fan of Jude.
  • Options
    AEG84 said:

I like Harrison over Harry. The only "h" name I like that's short is Henry...I'm picky.

I don't dislike Julian, but it's not my fave. Not a fan of Jude.

Nice taste (DS is Henry)
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    I'm no help, I love Harrison AND Jude.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    He could also go by Harry as a young kid and by family but by Harrison or a different NN at school. My DH is Charlie to family but is Chuck at work.
    That's why I wanted  a full name in addition to the nickname... so he would have options down the road :-)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Kids get teased regardless and in my experience (was teased all the time for having an absurdly long name) it will only make him stronger. Not to mention it will only last a year or two at the worst. No sense in choosing a name based on bullying! You're letting the bullies win!! I love the name Harrison!
  • Options
    I like all your choices, but Julian edged out Harrison as my favorite purely because Harry is just meh for me. I don't think you'll go wrong with whatever you choose though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love Harrison..not the biggest fan of Harry but that's just me. I also really like Julian.

Side note: my nephew (born in May) was named Jude Harrison :) 
  • Options
    Love love love Harrison, and didn't even think of Harry Dick until PP pointed it out! What about reversing it to Richard Harrison?
  • Options
    I love Julian!!  It's my second choice boy name. 
  • Options

I love Harrison but not paired with Richard.

Harrison Jude would get my vote if it were an option.

Ooh Harrison Jude gets my vote if we get to vote again.
  • Options
    I adore Jude. I don't like nn Harry, it just makes me think hairy.
  • Options
    I voted for Julian. :) 
  • Options
    Love love love Harrison, and didn't even think of Harry Dick until PP pointed it out! What about reversing it to Richard Harrison?
    I don't really love the name Richard so I wouldn't want to use it as a first name... but I would like to use it in the middle to honor our dads :-)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I have a Harrison.... and he goes by Harrison.... granted he's only 8.5 but he's never been called Harry or Hairy.
    Harrison Charles is his name and he's a SUPER KID
  • Options
    MamaRoni said:
    I have a Harrison.... and he goes by Harrison.... granted he's only 8.5 but he's never been called Harry or Hairy. Harrison Charles is his name and he's a SUPER KID
    Well, we would choose to call him Harry. Of course as he got older, he may end up going by the full name, which I'm also fine with if that's what he likes :-) Which is why we would do a full name and not just Harry as the name. The "hairy" thing honestly doesn't really bother me or didn't really cross my mind. I have taught a couple of Harrys and no one has ever had this issue that I have seen, although I do teach older kids (high school). 
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I voted Jude. I've recently been name crushing on Jonas - it's not my number one just on the short list, but it may not even matter, we'll see if LO is even a boy tomorrow.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    I voted Jude. I've recently been name crushing on Jonas - it's not my number one just on the short list, but it may not even matter, we'll see if LO is even a boy tomorrow.
    Jonas is really cute, I like that! Although some people probably wouldn't like it because of the jonas brothers connection... but that' doesn't really bother me :-)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    Jonas is really cute, I like that! Although some people probably wouldn't like it because of the jonas brothers connection... but that' doesn't really bother me :-)
    Although my husband has some sort of strange aversion to biblical names (boo), so he probably wouldn't like it, come to think of it.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    jasmuinjasmuin member
    edited November 2015
    @misstopsail My exact thoughts too.
  • Options
    I really like Julian the best out of the listed names and it was thrown around for this time around! I love the name of your eldest so much it's actually the name we chose for our dog! And DS is Graham. I think it goes well together, thought I'd mention since you said you were open for suggestions. The boy contenders we have should this one be a boy, that we thought went well with Graham and Rhys (because yes I consider the flow of names with our dog's name lol) are Henry (similar to Harry), Charlie and Finlay...we'll know in 9 days whether we need to chose from that list or the girls' list!
  • Options
    MrsZko said:
    I really like Julian the best out of the listed names and it was thrown around for this time around! I love the name of your eldest so much it's actually the name we chose for our dog! And DS is Graham. I think it goes well together, thought I'd mention since you said you were open for suggestions. The boy contenders we have should this one be a boy, that we thought went well with Graham and Rhys (because yes I consider the flow of names with our dog's name lol) are Henry (similar to Harry), Charlie and Finlay...we'll know in 9 days whether we need to chose from that list or the girls' list!
    I also like Graham!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016