TTC After a Loss
Options

Newbie (Loss Mentioned)

Hi All,
I'm new to this discussion board and wanted to introduce myself.  I am 27 years old and my DH (also 27) and I have been TTC since August 2014.  I was on BCP for almost 10 years following a 4 month period of amenorrhea in HS.  When we decided to start TTC, I stopped taking the BCPs and nothing.  I'm a labor and delivery nurse so I talked with one of the OBGYNs I work with and setup and appointment.  I was given a prescription for Clomid, she figured I wasn't ovulating which was causing the lack of a period. I started Clomid in January of this year and after 5 cycles, I finally got my BFP this past August!  We were so excited...at our first prenatal appointment we found out that our sweet baby had stopped growing about a week prior to that.  I opted for a D&C.  At my follow up, my new OBGYN told me to wait until January to start...I'm assuming that was to see if my cycles would come back on their own but I forgot to ask.  I'm starting to get anxious about TTC again, I'm so ready to be pregnant and have a healthy baby and just be a mommy!  I'm calling today to setup an appointment with a RE to see what their take is on the amenorrhea. I'm hoping my cycles return soon...anyone have any luck with this?

Re: Newbie (Loss Mentioned)

• Options
    Hello, I am very sorry for your loss. I do not have any experience with your condition, just wanted to wish you good luck
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    No advice, but I'm so sorry for your loss.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lgem4 I had blood work done as well as an US, no cysts and everything came back fine. Going to a RE in December, hoping for answers!
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss and how challenging it was to get your first BFP. I don't have any advice on clomid, my bff just started on it, so I can update you based on her experience in a few cycles. Your early MC could have been due to a fetal abnormality, so nothing could be wrong with you, but it's good that you are being proactive and testing just in case.

We just had our 2nd mmc at 9-10 weeks after normal 6-7 scans, so we are getting tested too. My doctor does not want us to go through it a third time, if it can be prevented. But he also said that it could be bad luck x 2. I guess we will find out. I read that half of recurrent mc can never be explained so I am not holding my breath.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @klauerinaking Thank you...I'm so sorry for your losses.  I think it's probably one of the hardest things we can go through as women.  It's not something that I would wish on anyone, that's for sure!  Best of luck to you!