TTC After a Loss
Options

Holy heavy AF!!! TMI warning!!!

crob5685crob5685 member
edited November 2015 in TTC After a Loss
So I of course read all the past posts about what to expect in terms of AF post D&C, so I knew the first couple could be heavy. My first AF was very light, but I'm on cycle day 2 of my second cycle post D&C and I cannot believe how heavy it is! I was very ill prepared for just how heavily one can bleed. I've always had light to almost non-existent periods, so the thought of having to change a super plus tampon once every couple hours was just absurd to me. Here's to hoping I don't wake up to something resembling a murder scene tomorrow!

***edited for typo

Re: Holy heavy AF!!! TMI warning!!!

• Options
    Yeah, d&c s can change your cycle. When I was on bc, my periods were like clockwork and lasted 5 days. After I got off bc my periods became very light and lasted 2 days (didn't need regular tampons). After my first d&c they became longer and heavier, and got pregnant a second time quickly. Unfortunately, we had our second d&c last week so not sure what to expect about the upcoming changes-Now I just want AF to come.
    I think having a heavier period after d&c is good, so that it cleans out the old lining to prep for your next cycle to make a cozy environment when you get your BFP! Good luck!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree @klauerinaking, it's probably a good thing. I am actually somewhat relieved as it took me 14 weeks to have any bleeding after my D&C and before that I had two "cycles" that ended with extreme doubling over pain but no bleeding. My doctor was a little worried about asherman's. Last cycle I finally had some bleeding, but it was so minor I was still kind of worried something was up. Can definitely rule that out now. Hoping this is the start of a new normal/healthy cycle, and one that hopefully ends with a BFP! Sorry again for your losses, FX for you to have your rainbow baby soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @crob5685 My AF started today so I hope it's not quite so bad, it's my second one post d &c too. Here's to hoping for BFP's for both of us this month!
  • Options
    @piccprincess I hope yours isn't bad. My second day was when it got really heavy. FX for BFPs this month