Breastfeeding

Help with latch issues

Hi ladies! I'm having some issues getting my baby to latch correctly. I have seen an LC and somehow in still having issues. I feel sort of like a failure. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: Help with latch issues

• What isn't working? Have you tried a nipple shield ?
  • krissyberbkrissyberb member
    edited November 2015
    I'd recommend looking into a support group for breastfeeding moms. Our hospital has one and you could also look into la Leche league. My son was tongue tied so that caused major issues. Once we got that fixed, the most helpful things I was told are to make sure his mouth is open wide and to point my nipple toward his nose. Everyone's situation is different and it was helpful to talk to other new moms.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in your same boat. I'm going to have to go to the LC again I think to try again.. All the tips we tried worked for about a week.. Sigh
  • I don't know if you saw the other recent post but you should have your LO checked for tongue and lip ties and get second or even 3rd opinions since they aren't always caught by some people.
  • Make an appointment with the pediatrician and have them inspect the baby's mouth for any issues. It was taking 15-20 minutes on average to get my baby to latch. I almost gave up on breastfeeding. It turns out she had a tongue tie. The doctor clipped it in the office and she immediately began latching beautifully.