Trouble TTC

Paranoia and overthinking?

Hi all, my apologies if this question has been previously discussed. I am having trouble searching from phone. I am currently 2dpo, have been using clomid this cycle. On Monday, the doctor mentioned that he needed to check my cervix because there was a previous concern of it being too tight. He started inspecting it (very painful), then stopped abruptly and stated he didn't want to potentially cause any issues. Do you think him inspecting my cervix could hinder the ovulation I had? He said if I get my period that he wanted to set up an appointment for a sound of my uterus. I tried to ask questions but he is always so busy that it's hard to get a good answer. Do any of you know what a sound of my uterus is? I've already had 2 ultrasounds the past week so I don't think that's what he's referring to and didn't know if I was missing something. TIA
TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016
ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

Re: Paranoia and overthinking?

• Could it be a sonohysterogram? Basically an ultrasound where they inject saline in there, to check the shape, tubes and all (similar to HSG).
  • Thanks @KidShrink that could very well be it.i had an hsg about 4 months ago. Every time I googled it, it was nothing but pregnant women wondering what the noises from their uterus were... :))
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Loading the player...
  • A sounding is when they insert the sound (a medical instrument, somewhat like a thin/closed catheter) through your cervix into your uterus to map depth and angle. 

My RE did this the first time around so that no matter what date I had to come in for something, the person would have my file and know info about my body for procedures.  There was literally a one-page diagram where they drew the angle and noted some numbers.  Google 'sounding' or 'cervical mapping' if you want to know more.

I'd assume it would help make the procedure less potentially painful/uncomfortable for you and easier for the provider.