2nd Trimester

When will you feel baby move?

Re: When will you feel baby move?

• Hey I felt our baby girl kick the other day and im 19 weeks and a few days! My fiance was able to feel her as well. She's moving around a lot today too! Its an amazing feeling!
  • I'm 17 weeks..I haven't felt my baby move up til now..but hv felt little butterflies in my stomachs..is that a sign that the little one is moving??
    This is my first baby too so don't know what to expect. .
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been feeling flutters since about week 16, but the last 2 weeks has really been noticeable. I'm 22 weeks 2 days.
  • I felt my baby flutters when I was 14 weeks... Then not long after (2 weeks later at most) I began to feel strong kicks.
    On the other hand my friend was 23 weeks before she felt anything!
    I was lucky in that aspect but unlucky a site had. Alot of restless nights due to her kicking and pretending to be a washing machine inside of me every single night.
  • The only way I can describe it is as if you've got trapped wind and ever so gently, bubbles of trapped wind move around in one certain place. Then when baby gets bigger and stronger, you'll start to notice kicks. And that feels just like someone is really gently tapping you every now ans then
  • I just started feeling little movement/jabs about a week ago at 16w 5d. It's the weirdest feeling, love it!!
  • Finally felt what I knew for sure was baby boy at 20w 2d. I'm now 21w 4d and feel him everyday now!
  • Felt movements last night at 18+6 and wasn't totally sure... Felt them again tonight, little pops and pokes. I'm sure it's my babe. It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. :x

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've felt tiny little movements here & there since week 18! I'm at 19w2d & i felt my first little kick! made my belly move a bit (: it was incredible. i cannot wait til he's in my arms.
  • eureeka83eureeka83 member
    edited October 2015
    I didn't feel anything til I believe 19 or 20 wks... They say it takes longer with your 1st to feel anything. At first I wasn't sure, because it wasn't really what people say flutters feel like. It just was an odd feeling... But it has gotten stronger and more frequent now.. Yay!
  • I will be 17 weeks on Sunday and I am almost positive I started feeling the flutters this week. Feels like tiny little bubbles popping. I can't wait until they get more prominent and I can actually tell what baby is doing in there! It's such a cool feeling!
  • For the first time I'm 99% sure I felt movement and not gas. Happened twice in a few seconds then again a few seconds later in my lower abdomen close to my left hip. I was about to fall asleep when I felt it. Coolest thing ever! 16w1d
  • FTM and I fell movements and kicks since 18th week.
  • I am 19 weeks today and been feeling my baby move more, my daughter felt baby kick also.
  • I started feeling my little one at 15 weeks. It felt more like pressure and a little jab. Mine is extremely active, wouldn't sit still for more than a second at the last U/S
  • I started feeling her move around at 15 weeks. I felt the first kick at 20 weeks right after my ultra sound. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First baby, second pregnancy. I started feeling little movements around week 13. Now, I mostly just feel baby at night when I wake up to pee, as well as when I wake up 1-2 hours before the alarm and just lay there. Haha. I think baby is trying to get me ready for when he/she arrives... no sleep! 
    Although, I poked my belly the other night, and it felt like baby poked back. So awesome :) and certain foods seem to get baby excited. 
    Dang it, I'M excited!!
  • I felt my first at around 18 weeks, but felt my second at 14 weeks! 
  • I found out that I was pregnant at 16 weeks, I had just thought my flutters were from eating too many raw veggies, nope it was a baby, so I'm not sure when I really started feeling her, I felt my first kicks just before 22 weeks 
  • I'm 19 weeks with my fourth child and have been feeling movement from around 13 weeks. Daddy felt the first kicks today. Although I've been feeling baby for a while now it's so nice for someone else to feel baby also. Makes things more real :) baby's movements are always more noticeable on the evening when I'm resting.
  • I'm at 22 weeks right now, and I do not think I have felt my baby move or kick.  This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not sure what to expect or what it will feel like.  I'm assuming I'll know, right?  It's kind of nerve-wracking because I want to be aware of her.  At my last appointment on 10/27, they said she's on the smaller side (but not dangerously so), so I don't know if that could have a part to do with it either.  
  • I'm worried too it's our 3rd baby and I'm 16 weeks I can't feeel anything but like the other 2
  • I started feeling flutters by 17 or 18 weeks and "thumps" at 19 weeks. Baby either loves or hates Leonard Cohen cause he starts moving every time a Cohen song comes on Spotify lol.
  • Waiting waiting waiting! My placenta is anterior so I'm waiting for baby girl to get a little bigger and stronger. At all of our ultrasounds she was a mover so it should be any day now! Can't wait!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She always moves during our ultrasounds too. I know know the placement of the placenta is a factor and I am also overweight prior pregnancy, so idk if fat layers are also a factor in feeling her?
  • I felt first movement right at 15 weeks. Thought its too early, since with my son I felt it at 17w, however two days later I felt it again. All depends on your body. Also they say it matters whether thi is your first baby.
  • I'm 17 and a half weeks, I feel my little one move a lot!! But only when I'm laying down.
  • First time Mom here, and I finally felt my first "for sure" movement on December 1st.  I was laying on my back with my hand casually on my stomach and I felt a thump.  I tried to brush it off and think I was having gas or I was hungry, but I had my DH come feel on my stomach.  My baby is breech right now, so I knew about where his head and body were, and sure enough after a minute my husband and I both looked at each other and said "did you feel that?!"  So that's how it was confirmed.
    Since then I've felt what I'd consider fluttering.

• As soon as I turned 24 weeks which was last week I started to feel my little girl move around and kick. I am now 25 weeks.
  • same here.  anterior placenta so my OB warned me not to worry if i couldn't feel the baby move for a while.  sadness!
  • Im 22 weeks & 3 days and I felt him without doubt for the first time at 21 weeks.. This morning I had my hand resting on my stomach and I felt him kick it
  • edited December 2015
    I was told today that I have an anterior placenta so I probably wont feel her kick till later on 22-24 weeks :(
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• I only felt something at 19 weeks. It wasn't flutters it was a distinct kick/punch from a very tiny foot or hand. To me, it felt like a tiny muscle spasm and if I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't have paid any attention to it. The next day I felt it happen again and when I pulled my pants further down I saw my belly move in and out like something tiny kicked it when I felt it again. It now tends to happen most when I am sitting (never seem to get much movement when I am lying down) and particularly after I've had something to eat or drink.
  • I'm 20 weeks it's my first pregnancy. I still haven't felt my little guy. Is that OK.
  • I felt the baby move around 16 weeks like he was trying to find his way out. I haven't felt him again and it kinda worry me even though my aunt said it was normal because he is still little. But I'm 17 weeks today. So hopefully I'll feel him soon. What do you all think. Is this normal?
  • I'm 20 weeks it's my first pregnancy. I still haven't felt my little guy. Is that OK.
    Yes, that's okay. Everyone is different and will experience events at different times. :)
  • This is my first, and I started feeling movement around 17 weeks. I am now almost 21 weeks, and a couple of days ago my hubby and I both were able to feel some kicks on the outside of my tummy! So amazing. :)

• There were a few times between 17-19 weeks where I thought *maybe* I could feel something, but it could have very well been indigestion. I talked to some moms about it and they said that while the feeling can compare to that, truthfully you will be able to tell when you're actually feeling your baby, because even though it may feel "like" something else, you'll know when you're feeling something you've never felt before.

That's exactly how it was for me when I felt my little guy move! I was 20 weeks and 2 days, and to me it felt almost like a little ball was bouncing around in my lower abdomen. I knew right away - this is it! :-) 
  • @larianaw - I am so excited for that!! My husband is a little sad that I can feel the baby move but that it isn't strong enough to be felt on the outside yet. I can't wait to see his face light up when he can feel him for the first time!!