December 2015 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 11/09

Because it's Monday

*Please remember that this is not a place to voice your grievances with the community or with specific members of the board.*
Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday Bitchfest 11/09

• Loading the player...
  • Woke up to a text from a family member who lives (several hours behind us) in the middle of the night with an overly enthusiastic, "I have a gut feeling the baby will be here soon!" Just what I want to hear after two weeks of having every early labor sign in the book and knowing this is just how my body is during the last month and I'm probably not going to spontaneously go into labor at all.

Same family member that, when we announced our pregnancies, immediately responded with, "I just knew it!!" (No, you didn't, because #1 took four years of trying and literally every time DH and I made a family announcement during that time frame you squealed "You're pregnant!" before we got to say anything, #2 took 6-8 months to conceive and #3 was not only a shock but a huge surprise). This person also "knew" my two daughter were boys. She knew this pregnancy was a boy as well and tells all who will listen that she guessed it when we announced we were expecting again. Guess even a broken clock is right two times a day *eye roll*

So now I'm sleep deprived, crabby and want to throat punch someone :-L Hooray, Monday.
  • My grandmother who is someone who drives me pretty much insane because she is so paranoid has informed me she has her bag packed for when she gets the phone call! I tried to explain to her that great grandparents are not traveling to the hospital( we live 3 hours from family), the only people who will be attending is my parents and my husband's parents.... She insist and the thought of having to deal with her craziness gives me a headache! Oh and I'm on bed rest and my house is a wreck!!! Hello Monday!
  • I have a shower and a dinner party with all the higher ups at my job that is going to be more of a networking with higher ups so I can get a job when I get back from leave both this Saturday. I have nothing left that fits me and forget trying to wear heels. I didn't want to spend any more money on maternity clothes since I have 4 weeks left and this is my last baby but I got a plain black dress and bought leopard print flats to dress it up a little. I tried on the flats this am and my feet are so giant and swollen I couldn't even get them in the shoes.
  • laurabwalkerlaurabwalker member
    edited November 2015
    I have a cold, making it difficult to sleep even more so than all the peeing, and then have to go to work :-<
  • blended10 said:

My hubbie ran a 3-mile race yesterday that apparently took from 830am until 1030pm last night. Oh & left his phone in his truck. Needless to say he's in the dog house. Accepting appropriate pay back ideas....so far im thinking spa day? Nice dinner out? I'm open to suggestions.

What??? I would have been out of my mind! My husband would take maybe 30 min and hour at the absolute most to run 3 miles! You deserve more then a spa day!
  • Everyone came over yesterday to watch the Bronco game. I was stuck in bed for 6 hours with "false labor". Woke up today and still pretty painful so I'm just resting but there's SO much to do! I'm going insane! Oh and the Broncos lost. -_-
  • Chipped my molar on Saturday and I have no dental insurance. On the way home from Ikea yesterday hubby got a speeding ticket. Last night my body decided "no, you don't need any sleep tonight" Needless to say this was not my ideal weekend.
  • Hubby made dinner last night. Which was great! I love when he cooks. But he left all the clean up for me to do. And he makes the comment about how the fridge needs to be cleaned out. Excuse me, mister! You made the mess. You clean it up! I would be willing to work with him to clean it up, but he leaves it for the better part of a week. Geeze! Looks like I'm cleaning before heading to work today...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We started a loan process in July to have our house ready before LO gets here. We are currently living in an apartment in our house, because the downstairs just isn't habitable. We are supposed to have a contractor come the 23rd and even though we are pre-approved, we still don't have our loan. I'm getting ready to pull my hair out. Our house is down to the studs right now and winter is on our heels. I'm so stressed out that every time I walk in to my house I start crying.
  • ssn109ssn109 member
    edited November 2015
    I have a couple. First of all, random male security guard at the hearing office, keep your damn opinions to yourself. There is no medical reason I cannot wear chunky heels while pregnant. In fact, I am wearing them to keep my legs warm since they are part of my knee high boots. Keep your mouth shut, you've never been pregnant and you're lucky I didn't lose my shit.

Second, I am going to have to call my OB when I get to my car (I'm not calling while I'm still on the train back to where I parked). Because it's so much fun to have blood in your underwear but be unable to tell where it's coming from.

All of this after an exhausting weekend and all I want to do is take a nap.

ETA thank you @Mother0fDragons for bringing this back. I needed it today!
  • Hubby is gone for 3 days, we got a new puppy last week (in addition to our dog) that has to be crated while i'm at work for 4 hour stretches (makes me feel bad). So when i'm home I have to wear them both out with walks etc and stay on top of puppy to make sure no accidents in the house. Yes, we brought this on ourself but really wanted a new dog companion for our other before baby gets here. Plus boss wants to do a month review today and has been breathing down my spine, i'm so over it. Maternity leave starts in 1 month 1 week and I can't freaking wait.
  • @stephaniearthurs race turned into drinks, turned into watching the game turned into going to his buddy's place for dinner & garage shenanigans. I guess it totally "slipped his mind" to call me & tell me what was up.
    I was livid. He knows all about it. I'm
    plotting my revenge...
  • blended10 said:

@stephaniearthurs race turned into drinks, turned into watching the game turned into going to his buddy's place for dinner & garage shenanigans. I guess it totally "slipped his mind" to call me & tell me what was up.
    I was livid. He knows all about it. I'm
    plotting my revenge...

Make it a good one, because I would also be livid! Each of those actions alone are fine, but without even a text! Insane! I would kick him very hard!!!

• I'm really tired of the "your body won't grow a body bigger than it can handle" comments. Then, after I explain from experience and from a woman I know who is permanently disabled and has required multiple reconstructive surgeries from trying to deliver a too large baby, I get the "so you're having a c-section?" While the possibility always exists that it will happen, no. I'm living in the minds tate that this baby is coming out my vag until my doctor says otherwise. As of this morning we're going to try to induce Thanksgiving Day.
  • I try so hard to not complain because I don't think that anyone really wants to hear it, but I'm so uncomfortable all of the time now to the extent that sleeping is a joke.  Four more weeks!

@blended10: I admire your restraint that you didn't go looking for him.  I would have been super pissed.  Sleeping on the couch, silent treatment, etc pissed after a rant for his carelessness and laid a heavy guilt trip on him that you could have been in labor and delivered the baby without him knowing because he was so inconsiderate as to not communicate with you.  Then I would require that he pay for a spa day, take you to eat wherever you want, and be at your beck and call for at least a week including daily shoulder and feet rubs.
  • Omg worst Monday for me by far. Starting yesterday I realized that all my baby stuff had accumulated mold on it! After searching for the issues it turns out my a/c was making it build up on all the stuff! I had to spend all night cleaning off the mold and didn't get to bed until 4:30. Then I woke up like normal at 6:30 to get DH off to work and such and got ready to take care of errands. This included trying to figure out where all the packages I have ordered yet HAVENT received even though online states it had been delivered as well as trying to get the front office to take care of the mold issue in the apartment. The post office idiots had taken a freaking hour to address my issue with a "chase down your mailman and ask him". So I did. After two hours I got to search everyone's mailboxes in my apartment finding ONE of my deliveries in the WRONG box I received a good ole answer of "maybe someone is taking your mail and not returning it to you, at least you got that one package". Granted this is a $10 package out of the couple hundred bucks I have spent yet haven't received. DH went back up to the post office and talked to the supervisor with no resolution :( so now I guess I have to cut my losses on all the formula and other stuff I have purchased. On top of everything the front office just decided cleaning the a/c is good enough even though my car seat is RUINED!!!!!!!!! Ughhhh
  • I was in the supermarket buying something easy to make for dinner, I got fresh pasta and a tomato sauce.
    Come home and as I start to cook i notice the sauce is actually out of date. Ugh. Raging. Takes me 30 mins to get to the shop.
    So, since it smelled and looked alright- I confess- I ate it. Man I was hungry and tired.
  • Thanks... I was bawling earlier because I was so excited for my diaper bag and other goodies and it seems like I might not get them :'( I love the gif @redfallon
  • My bitch is so trivial, but I don't care, I am going to bitch anyway. About halfway through this pregnancy, my hair decided it didn't want to part in the same way it's been parted for the last 15 years. All of the sudden, my hair wants to part in the middle, rather than a side part. And ladies, I can't do a middle part. It just doesn't work for me. So now I struggle every single day to force my hair to part at least halfway between the side & the middle. And I have all these awkward little hairs that have grown since being pregnant that are juuuuuust long enough to stick straight up in the middle.

Ugh, hair problems.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • @esscapelle It's probably all those pregnancy hairs that are making it impossible! I have tons of those too, I feel your pain.

My moans: False labor pain and back pain from 1-9am leave me grumpy, and really really tired. And my job is ending (literally) this week, so I'd feel like a terrible person taking the day off unless I absolutely have to do so. Which could have gone either way.

Also, suddenly in the past week, I have stretch marks. I was okay with it, but then it was more than one or two. I'm no longer okay with it, mostly because they hurt like a mofo, and my jeans rub them all day. :-(
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • It's raining here today and apparently when there's water on the road people lose their ever living minds and forget how to drive!!! Grrr. Drives me insane!
  • redfallonredfallon member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks... I was bawling earlier because I was so excited for my diaper bag and other goodies and it seems like I might not get them :'( I love the gif @redfallon
    I've had mold growing on things at a house I used to live in. It was a spare room used as a storage room. There were a lot of things I had from my childhood that I had to throw out. It was awful :( I can only imagine how horrible it is for that to happen to your new baby things.

ETA: I've had FedEx screw up a few things being delivered to my house. It's very trivial things compared to what you are waiting on, but I understand.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ssn109 said:
    I have a couple. First of all, random male security guard at the hearing office, keep your damn opinions to yourself. There is no medical reason I cannot wear chunky heels while pregnant. In fact, I am wearing them to keep my legs warm since they are part of my knee high boots. Keep your mouth shut, you've never been pregnant and you're lucky I didn't lose my shit. Second, I am going to have to call my OB when I get to my car (I'm not calling while I'm still on the train back to where I parked). Because it's so much fun to have blood in your underwear but be unable to tell where it's coming from. All of this after an exhausting weekend and all I want to do is take a nap. ETA thank you @Mother0fDragons for bringing this back. I needed it today!

@ssn109 hope the blood was nothing! Any updates?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • New thing to bitch about: I finally took a pic of the going home outfit for baby boy to post tonight to that thread, but now that they took the "update" away, I can't attach photos to my posts! (At least not on mobile app) Ugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I probably shouldn't bitch about this because I'm pretty sure the student I'm about to complain about is on the autism spectrum.... But today was the course conclusions day in one of my classes and I like to ask my students for the 1 thing that will stick with them after this semester or 1 thing new that they learned. Before I could call on anyone, he blurts out, "I didn't learn anything this semester." Ouch! People gasped and he said, "it's because you taught me so much last semester." Fortunately my other students had some nice things to contribute.... But damn. That one cut kind of deep. I usually get great evals and people typically love this class.
  • I just got off the phone with my mother, who brought up Christmas. I have NO idea when LO is coming, my rule is if he is here he will not be passed around. That turned into an epic guilt trip. There are usually 50 people at Christmas dinner, I don't want to risk the germs, but if I have to choose between being a bad daughter or bad mommy...my son trumps everyone else. I feel like a b☆☆☆ now because my parents are paying for the nursery remodel and bought the crib.
  • ACarter0914ACarter0914 member
    edited November 2015
    I passed out in my OBs office today and it was completely my fault.

I was running late so I didn't have a chance to grab breakfast or anything to drink fast forward to 10:30 while laying down getting my pelvic exam (I'm currently "leaking" or at least I thought it was) and BAM I was out. Needless to say that will never happen again!
  • @kcas123 said:
    My family was so kind to come visit me at this hospital yesterday. While everyone was there, my cousin asked me what the baby is going to call my mom, I said Mimi. He and my aunt both nearly had a break down over it because that was the name of his second grade "girl friend." I laughed at first because I thought they were kidding. Here they were completely serious and think it's inappropriate that the baby calls my mom Mimi. Uhhhmmmm....
    Wow. haha

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ssn109ssn109 member
    edited November 2015
    @Mother0fDragons I just spent too much time sitting this weekend, apparently. The hemorrhoids came back with a vengeance. Ugh :-/

ETA: thanks for asking though!
  • @paigeivey Where did you order the missing packages from? I've never had any issues getting things replaced by the company if the mail carrier screwed up. I seriously, had a piece of cardio equipment delivered to the wrong address that I'd ordered through amazon and they just sent a replacement and it was $900+ purchase, I did report it to the delivery company and the original one showed up about a week after the replacement (I don't know if the delivery driver thought he could put it on ebay or what...). Anyway with UPS, FedEx etc those contracts are worth a lot of money so I am sure target, buybuybaby, babies r'us and amazon have significant options for dealing with lost merchandise and the carrier. If they don't I'd discuss your options with your debit or credit card providers and dispute the payment (I disputed one through paypal once for goods never received it took awhile but I got my money back).

Also, I have had the apartment just get lazy and not actually do their job with packages, my husband was a victim of identity theft and so his credit card was shut down which had happened before but we'd received new cards in less than 48 hours one time it took over a week, turns out the apartment management got it within 24 hours and had it the entire time and we were never notified of the delivery, whether the delivery person neglected to actually put the notice on our door it blew away--you'd think after a couple days the apartment management would notify you after someone spent that kind of money on postage!
  • Well the managers at the apartment are amazing and I go into the office and personally check but after speaking with the mailman I am fully sure that it is his confused self who has the issue. It was like he was on another planet. Amazon eBay and zulily is where I had ordered from. I never even thought to do the card dilute though. Do you think I could do the same if I paid via PayPal??