High-Risk Pregnancy

Hematoma/sub hem. Right next to cervix.

I'm 26 weeks 2d with baby #4. I had bleeding at 11 weeks which ended up being a sub hemorrhage. Because I only bled that day my ob wasn't concerned. At my 19 weeks anatomy scan my dr told me they think I had placenta previa or my placenta was folded. I have been on pelvic rest on and off. I finally went to a high risk dr Monday where the dr said my placenta is fine and where it's suppose to be. But where the tech got confused was because the hematoma/hem. was right next to my cervix and placenta. I have had no spotting and now I'm back on pelvic rest. They want to watch me closely and I have to come back to the high risk dr for another US. I feel great, baby is healthy/growing on spot, no spotting or bleeding. I'm just curious if anyone has had this be so close to the cervix that the dr was concerned. The dr said its not big. Just curious what could happen or the side effects of this. I see my ob next week I was just curious if anyone had experience. Thank you loves.

Re: Hematoma/sub hem. Right next to cervix.

• Hi! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. SCH's can be so scary!

I had a large (12+cm) SCH that bled around 16 weeks. It went from my cervix all the way up to my anterior placenta and was even on a portion of my placenta. The bugger stayed with me and would not for the life of me shrink, although the bleeding did subside after a week or so.

I was having weekly ultrasounds as they also found that I had a short cervix (it went from 2.7cm at 16 weeks to 1.9 cm by 24 weeks on progesterone) and at 24 weeks the hematoma looked like it was finally starting to shrink.

At 30 weeks I had a growth scan due to my fundal height measuring small and guess what, no more hematoma!

Generally your body will reabsorb the hematoma after awhile. Mine was huge so it took some time. Just make sure your doc is monitoring it to make sure it doesn't affect the placenta.

I'm currently over 36 weeks and still pregnant despite doctors worrying that due to my short cervix and large hematoma my membranes would rupture early.

Just try to relax and take it easy.
  • PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited November 2015
    I had a SCH, too! It popped up in my first trimester and hung around so long that I quit worrying about it (and that says a lot for me). By the time I asked about it again, it had finally disappeared. That was in the second trimester. Just stay hydrated and stay on pelvic rest. I also visualized mine getting smaller and smaller until it disappeared. Hey, I was desperate!

P.S. You're almost there, @kidcapri100!