Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I am 7 weeks pp and recently got on depo bc shot now im getting bloody dicharge could i be pregnant?

I am 7 weeks post partum i got on the depo shot on oct 7th and had unprotected sex 7 days later now im getting bloody mucous discharge could i be pregnant or is it a side affect? Pls help

Answers

• Options
    R u BFing? I am and started progesterone pills which is same hormone and I started spotting at 7 weeks. I'm thinking it's the pill.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how depo works but my arm implant nexplanon is supposed to be effective by day 7. It's probably a side effect of the shot. I bled a week later as well and it lasted 2 months until my body got used to the hormones.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only a pregnancy test can tell you this. 7 weeks PP and possibly pregnant?! Yikes. Good luck.
  • Options

Only a pregnancy test can tell you this. 7 weeks PP and possibly pregnant?! Yikes. Good luck.

Haha seriously...I didn't even want to think about having sex at 7 weeks pp. Good for you, OP!

I know almost nothing about depo, but I could easily see this being a result of the hormones from the shot. Take a test about 14 days after the sex happened and you'll have your answer.
  • Options
    I was on Depo and it was rough on me. I had really bad migraines and when I got off of it I didn't start my period for nine months! My doctor had to give me medication to kick start it. So, I would assume that it's the shot and that you're not pregnant because in my experience it's really powerful stuff!
  • Options
    After my first shot of depo (pre pregnancy) I basically had a period for 3 weeks. I called the Dr to make sure everything was ok and they assured me everything was fine and my body was just getting used to the new medication. After that I only had spotting the days leading up to getting my new shot- so spotting  2 days every 3 mo. Im sure you're fine but if you really think you're PG then take a test.