November 2015 Moms
Options

AW - Baby Urby is Here!

I'm back, and I have a newborn!  I would have posted sooner, but TB is really uncooperative on my phone and I've also just been really exhausted.  DH and I headed into the hospital first thing Monday morning and got all checked in and prepped.  Ultrasound confirmed one last time that LO had not flipped on her own, so I went to the OR and got my spinal set.  Once that was good to go, they brought in DH to keep me company.  They said I would feel tugs and pressure, but no pain, which is exactly what it was like.  Pretty soon, I heard the baby crying and they told me to turn my head so I could take a look at her.  They popped her up over the partition and then took her over to the corner of the room to clean  her up and get her measurements (5 lbs 14 oz, 18.75 inches).  They asked DH to come cut the cord and proceeded to put me back together.  Once they were done with LO, they brought her over and put her on my chest so we could have skin-to-skin bonding right away.  So that's the birth part.  :)  She has since been pretty awesome, with the exception of not eating enough and losing a little more weight than they were comfortable with before we got discharged yesterday.  They had us schedule a newborn check with our family doctor this morning, and we made some adjustments on our feeding plan that we hope will get her on track (I had hoped to EBF, but she seems to a) not be able to stay awake through a good feeding or b) get so hungry that she just cries and won't latch even if it's already in her mouth), and we'll check back with the doctor on Monday to see where we're sitting with that.  I also had some pain management issues on Tuesday, but we made some changes and got it sorted out.

Re: AW - Baby Urby is Here!