Formula Feeding
Options

Transitioning from breastfeeding to formula feeding

My LO is 6 days old and I'm transitioning from breast to formula feeding. My husband has tried to give her a bottle, with me out of the room and it was not very successful. This was in the early evening. She drank about half an ounce. She also won't take a pacifier. Not sure if that's in correlation to the bottle. How can I get her to take a bottle? I want to stop breastfeeding as soon as possible. I am trying to avoid pumping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Transitioning from breastfeeding to formula feeding

• Options
    Just keep trying, and don't think that it's only your H who can give the bottle OR that you have to leave the room. A baby this young is new to feeding PERIOD. It's not a boob preferrence over bottle. She needs to learn how to eat in general. You might have better success if you give her the bottle yourself when she feels cozy and safe in your arms. Try the simplest bottle you can find, those are usually easy to drink out of.
  • Options
    We tried again the next day and she took to it great. She's taking bottles from anyone who is giving them
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker