November 2015 Moms
Options

First time mom to be freaking out!

I feel like I've been so chill this whole entire time. I've felt like I had tons of time and I knew that I would have to switch Drs near the end of my pregnancy. I'm 3 weeks out still from my due date. Saw my final de today for the first time. He says in 2 weeks he will be sweeping the membranes and hopefully it will induce my labour. The entire pregnancy I have not be one bit scared of labour pain. I just kept assuming everything is going to be alright but today it hit me hard. I have to drive two hours to get to a hospital to deliver this baby. And what if I'm not ready? I'm having all sorts of doubts now and fear about labor. I'm not sure where this All came from except that shit got real. I could have a baby in 2 weeks. And what if that doesn't work then I hVe to make another rushed and scary in labour trip two hours. I'm panicking. Im sure it will pass but everything is changing soon and omg. I thought I was ready but apparently
Not.

Re: First time mom to be freaking out!

• Options
    I was like you as well. In fact I bugged my nurses with a million questions, which I recommend. Most of my nurses were awesome and patient with me considering I'm a first time mom as well. You're ready, trust me. Just remember things will not ever go as planned, just make the best of it because seeing your baby is seriously so so worth it. I got an epidural, but half way through pushing it ran out. I was given the option to stop pushing to get another bag, but I was so ready to have my baby out I pushed through. Us women are incredible. Give yourself more credit mama. You got this.

BTW my little girl was born 11/02/15 :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement!! It's 2 am here and I finally crawled into bed, still scrolling thru the threads tho. I was making lists and doing laundry and those generally stupid things you do when you are freaking out and have no control over anything else. I guess doubt is natural. I just didn't expext it to take my breath away.

Congrats on your baby girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will be surprised with how ready you & your body are for the experience! My son was born at 39 weeks and just the day before we decided to opt out of the membrane sweep at my weekly appointment so I could feel more ready. Well by the time labor hits, you'll be ready. It's painful and a little scary but you'll think it's totally worth it as soon as you hold your little one! You can do this! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you!!