December 2015 Moms
Options

Big sibling gift

I was just wondering for people who are having their 2nd or more if they are planning on getting a gift for the older sibling from the baby. If you are what are you getting? We have a stuffed animal we are going to have DD give LO but I'm still trying to figure out what to get for DD from LO. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Big sibling gift

• Options

My daughter is 2 years, 4 months.  She is getting a baby doll that I picked up at Costco (really cute) from the baby.  Also a big sister book.

My son is 6 and he's getting a new Wii game, lol.

I'm also going to try and do a few new movies, coloring books, treats, etc.  for both of them.  Stuff to keep them busy and to help make this a special time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    We haven't planned on doing gifts either way.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not giving DD anything "from the baby" but I am having "big sister" and "little sister" outfits made to be given to each of them at the hospital along with "I'm a Big Sister" book for her. Nothing major, but something so she knows she's not left out just because she isn't the only child now.
  • Options
    We haven't planned for our son to give his baby brother anything, but I think we'll give our son a toy airplane from his baby brother. We stock up on sale items through the year, and this is one of the Christmas/ birthday gifts that we bought months ago.
  • Options
    My DD is a little over 2 years (26 months) and really into her dolls and strollers. She doesn't have a more realistic baby doll, so that's going to be her little sister's gift to her. I want to get her one of the ones where you can change the diaper and feed too. She currently pretends a lot with all her stuffed animals so I think she'll love it, and she'll be imitating me. I plan on having it at the hospital to give to her when she comes visit. 
  • Options
    Never did the sibling gift thing.

My grandparents like to get all my children something small so they do not feel left out. I never really understood this concept.
  • Options
    I'm making my oldest a big sister tote with a bunch of activity books, hand made bear and a big sister bangle. And big sister is giving baby a bear and a bangle for when she is older.
  • Options
    I am planning on having a big brother bag for ds when he comes to visit at the hospital. He is almost 19 months and very busy. I am going to put in it a few snacks, stickers, coloring books and maybe some cars. Just a few things to keep him occupied while at the hospital visiting.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    Yep baby doll from LO to DD (who is 24 months) and DD helped pick out newborn pacis for LO. I may wait to do the gifts until we are home because I don't think it's a big deal but I think it's a sweet idea and DD loves giving presents.
  • Options
    I love the ideas about a gift bag at the hospital! I was just going to skip it since it's so close to Xmas. I'm glad I read this! Thank you @Katy0525 & @jennlo11203
  • Options
    My two year old son loves Daniel Tiger. He's giving his little sister a stuffed animal baby Margaret and the baby's giving him a Daniel Tiger trolley.
  • Options
    We are also doing a big brother bag. Our son will be 20 months and so we bought him a backpack and I packed it with coloring activities, snacks, and will add in a couple of his favorite toys to keep him occupied in the hospital.
  • Options
    I think the suggestion of big sister/big brother books and like a matching toy, t-shirt, bag are all good suggestions. They can become items that your children cherish later. They also make adorable pictures.
  • Options
    We are, our other kids are a bit older and can read so we want this to be special for them too. We had gifts for our son when our daughter was born.. We had this basket that had smaller items like matchbox cars and things like that so when someone visited with a gift we or the visiting people could give him a gift too. It worked out great for us. Do whatever you feel will work best!
  • Options
    My daughter is 9 years old - this is a great idea. I bought her a customized necklace today that says big sis and says she is loved. She's been worried we'll forget about her.
  • Options
    Same with our older kids... We keep reassuring them this reminds us of them and can't wait to see how this baby gets to have them in their lives. We know the baby needs alot of attention but I told my other kids I still need them as much as they need me. .. it'll all work out.
  • Options
    We were thinking about LO(DD) getting DS a t-ball set, but since Christmas is coming up, we may just have it as a Christmas gift from her to him.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My parents live out of state. When they come for DD's birth, they plan on celebrating DS's December birthday early with us. So he will be getting plenty of gifts from them (my mom tends to go overboard) to feel special. He is just really excited to have both sets of grandparents in the same house at the same time since my parents stay with my in-laws.