May 2016 Moms

Baby things you are LUSTING after??

Guys, I am OBSESSED with this crib and changing table set. Like, I talked about it for 3 hours last night I just love it so much. What baby things are you just DYING to have? Whats on the top of your MUST HAVES? 

I am sure once we know boy or girl, Ill have trouble not buying every cute little onesie and pair of socks. It already takes all my willpower to NOT buy everything I see!

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Baby things you are LUSTING after??

• I love almost every crib at Land of Nod and everything at Restoration Hardware Baby!! My DD is still in her crib and it converts to a toddler bed so a second crib is a must for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Second baby here, but definitely lusting after a Bob Duallie Revolution bc we have the single, and that baby has the miles on it! My husband pushes the stroller, but we like to get out on trail as a family, so it is worth the $$.

Also, my first lived in the Fisher Price swing. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, BUT I kind of want to get the 4Mom's Rockaroo swing (solely for the size difference). Baby swag takes up soo much room.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Loading the player...
  • @yogahh I died over that exact set before I was even pregnant. The second I found out I was expecting my mom told us shed buy us the crib, crib mattress, and changing table. She's ordering these very ones!
  • I found a crib/dresser w/ Mickey Mouse heads on it. Since my family is big into Disney, I thought it could be really fun to have 'hidden' Mickeys in the baby's room!
  • ncm0328 said:
    @yogahh I died over that exact set before I was even pregnant. The second I found out I was expecting my mom told us shed buy us the crib, crib mattress, and changing table. She's ordering these very ones!
    My mom is buying my set too!! 

cat fail animated GIF

• This LILLEbaby carrier. I want it! We have circumstances where wearing baby is just easier than carrying, using a stroller, etc. I know I want a LILLEbaby one this go 'round for the back support. But I want this particular one! :)  https://lillebaby.com/baby-carriers/completetm/complete-all-seasons/lillebabyr-completetm-all-seasons-hearts-201.html?___SID=U&allseasons=Hearts

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• The bugaboo donkey, even though it doesn't fit through our door or any door in our neighborhood. And I already have an expensive stroller. But the donkey is just so pretty and luxurious.

I loved the rockaroo but we got way more out of the fisher price swing. It's just massive and not cute.

re: land of nod, last year they had a cyber Monday code, not sure if it applies to cribs but I bought an amazing toy chest so furniture in general wasn't excluded.
  • gemini2005gemini2005 member
    edited November 2015
    I really want to buy one of those mamaroo bouncers . I've read mixed reviews on them and they are expensive but I've always wanted one. With each kid I just talked myself out of it but I think this will be my one splurge. Maybe I can get a used one somewhere... https://www.4moms.com/mamaroo
  • It's so vastly different the second time around. Everything I am lusting after is a want not a need bc I don't need much. I guess the ErgoBaby carrier is somewhat a need and I want that BAD. I guess I'm also lusting over diapers. They're expensive and I'll need so many. That doesn't sound sexy at all but there it is.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• @LadySamLady Not at all! I just mustered up the courage to start a wish list a couple of days ago. I stopped having pregnancy symptoms and I guess I did it as a way to stay positive but in the back of my head I was definitely wondering if starting too early can be a jinx. 
  • I have not bought or even looked at one single practical thing. I'm not even going to START until the 20-week scan passes with an all clear.

However I did buy future baby's first toy: a stuffed hedgehog. I saw it on a shelf display and was all "okay FINE" because my willpower only goes so far, and that thing was just too cute to resist.
  • I would kind of like one of those Mamaroos too. I know there's no guarantees what your baby will like but I think it looks cool.

One thing I've liked from before I was ever pregnant was a vintage looking picture of a baseball. If we have a boy, I'd want to do the nursery in grey, white, and navy blue with subtle accents of sports things. We're a big sports family (we all golf, all played basketball, watch baseball/ football). I found the etsy seller and I kind of like the dirt bike tire picture too. We go camping and ride dirt bikes. I'm thinking of doing a collage of small pictures in these different sports. 

• Haven't even looked at furniture - we are also moving almost immediately after LO arrives.

I am guilty of buying baby clothes already (they are too cute!), but trying to justify by purchasing stuff for 9 mos to 12 mos. I'm anticipating that any clothes we get as gifts will be for a newborn.
  • @proudparent2b Mickey crib?! I'm going to have to look into that! Love Disney here too!

DH wants to do airplanes for a boy, and I love lime green, so this pic is a Must and the whole inspiration for the nursery if little one is a boy. If we're having a girl, I don't know!
  • I am dying to have a comfy glider and ottoman. With our first baby we had a hand me down rocking chair that had sentimental value, but was horribly uncomfortable. I want a cozy place to nurse at 3 am dang it.
  • I only really want one new piece if baby gear. I'll probably use my carriers with this baby a lot, but in instances when a stroller makes more sense, I really want this one:

Graco Double Stroller in Rockweave.I love my click connect jogger and this one has the same sort of folding action and other similar features that I love. It's highly rated by CR and can hold a toddler and carseat for baby. Plus, I love the stripes.
    https://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/fastaction-fold-duo-lx-click-connect-stroller-rockweave.aspx
  • No new nursery furniture or decor till we get bigger house after the baby is born. I did pickup a mamaroo swing, that I'm super excited about. I sold my rnp, so I need a new one. I'm so excited that they added a vibrating feature to the new models. Being a 3rd time mom I'm pretty boring when it comes to the things I get excited about. I'd love a milksnob infant carrier cover/ nursing cover, but I can't justify spending $50. But they are super cute!
    TTC Since April 09
    6 Rounds of Clomid & 4 Rounds Femara
    IVF#1 April 2012 ER- 4/9/12 ET- 4/14-12 Beta#1(4/27):160 Beta#2 4/30: 484
  • Wowowow . . . What the hell with the prices man!  So I am used to the import prices to NZ being high and I'm used to NZ made product prices being high as well because people love to buy local made but ugh! This is the Cot and Bassinet that DH and I are looking to get. We are planning for a second baby so they will get used twice. Also the prices are in NZD not USD.  even with the conversion I think we are looking at like 800+USD. Yes there are less expensive ones but after seeing them in person they felt cheap and flimsy.

We both fell in love with these two items and would get them in matching wood tones. I personally love the darker tones but DH likes the lighter Rimu. I really dislike white painted wood so I nixed that asap.
  • edited November 2015
    Not that I would ever do it because it's so impractical, but I'm totally obsessed with those super elegant, all white, nurseries on Pinterest. Lately, I've been obsessing over finding a large, white fluffy rug for the nursery
  • @Merciel My mom bought the same toy for us as the baby's first toy too! It's so dang cute.
  • I am dying to have a comfy glider and ottoman. With our first baby we had a hand me down rocking chair that had sentimental value, but was horribly uncomfortable. I want a cozy place to nurse at 3 am dang it.
    Me too! I remember being up late at nights with my first and wishing so badly that I had a more comfortable glider.

We also only had an audio monitor with DS and I think we may splurge on a video one this time around.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Not that I would ever do it because it's so impractical, but I'm totally obsessed with those super elegant, all white, nurseries on Pinterest. Lately, I've been obsessing over finding a large, white fluffy rug for the nursery

It's not big, but we have a faux sheep skin rug from IKEA in DS's room because I wanted some cozy, fluffy textures. It has held up really well and is super easy to clean. DS loves it too.
  • OsnabelOsnabel member
    edited November 2015
    I would really like to get a bedside crib, I think they are sooo convenient and it's nice to sleep next to your baby. Luckily I have a handy husband who will build one like this one for me, so no expensive shopping trips ahead yet :D

Except for this pram, it's a baby jogger select-I just love, love, love it! But it's soooo expensive here in Australia! :( Might get a used one though, we won't buy everything brand new, which is fine to me. I might get hubby to build all of the nursery furniture, it will be unique and cheap :)
  • Bob revolution double jogger. New. Bought an old used one for baby 1, and I want something new for baby 2. So much want. Orange and black. With the car seat and snack tray adapters. And maybe a new pair of running shoes...
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Par13 said:

I am dying to have a comfy glider and ottoman. With our first baby we had a hand me down rocking chair that had sentimental value, but was horribly uncomfortable. I want a cozy place to nurse at 3 am dang it.

Me too! I remember being up late at nights with my first and wishing so badly that I had a more comfortable glider.

We also only had an audio monitor with DS and I think we may splurge on a video one this time around.

We bought a firstly expensive glider when DS was born. It was worth every. damn. penny. You cannot put a price on the hours (days, weeks, months, years) you spend in it. Comfy, cute and practical. We still use every single nap time and nighttime. We will buy a second for the baby's room so thought maybe something less expensive

• Am I the only one too superstitious to look at or purchase baby stuff yet? I'm holding off until after the anatomy scan. I kinda want to start perusing but I just can't yet. Am I crazy?
    Not in the slightest.

Surprisingly neither of us really are lusting after anything in particular aside from clearing out the room to be used for the baby room. Other than that we're good to go and everything will sort of fill itself in.
  • missnc77missnc77 member
    edited November 2015
    I just want to say I love this thread. I've never heard of a mamaroo, but now my husband and I both want one. Thanks a lot! ;)
  • I want a new bedroom :) In all seriousness, DS is still in bed with us, and the room is a little crazy right now, including the fact that we don't have a bed (bed broke, and with cosleeping, putting the bed on the floor just made the most sense). Now I want new a new rug, new bed, and I would love to switch out my dresser for the one waiting for me at my parents. 
    Worth every dang penny. I love mine as much as my child.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Bob revolution double jogger. New. Bought an old used one for baby 1, and I want something new for baby 2. So much want. Orange and black. With the car seat and snack tray adapters. And maybe a new pair of running shoes...

I bought our single (orange) revolution on Amazon. I am going to get the double on Amazon as well (orange). For some reason the orange is priced around $100 cheaper - $424. I had the car seat adaptor which we will re-use but never bought the snack trays. Did you?

Also, yes to new shows, mine will be beat after nine months of lugging extra lbs around.

Treat yo self!

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • @proudparent2b Mickey crib?! I'm going to have to look into that! Love Disney here too!

DH wants to do airplanes for a boy, and I love lime green, so this pic is a Must and the whole inspiration for the nursery if little one is a boy. If we're having a girl, I don't know!

The crib was at Babies R Us!
  • @yogahh - the jenny lind set is definitely adorable (and affordable, comparatively speaking).

My want list has been ridiculous, especially since we found out we are having a girl.  Because it means that DS will move into a new bedroom with toddler furniture, and the nursery will be redecorated for a girl.  So I have two bedrooms to do.  My head is going to explode with ideas.  I think DH wants to cry.

I'm having a really hard time with girl clothes.  I don't know why.  Before I had DS, I thought little girl stuff was adorable.  Now I'm so meh on everything.  I think I still just feel a little thrown off by becoming a girl's mom right now? 

image        image

I bought our single (orange) revolution on Amazon. I am going to get the double on Amazon as well (orange). For some reason the orange is priced around $100 cheaper - $424. I had the car seat adaptor which we will re-use but never bought the snack trays. Did you?

Also, yes to new shows, mine will be beat after nine months of lugging extra lbs around.

Treat yo self!

I want a double bob too! I've heard that the adapter is different...the double one is a one piece adapter + snack tray for other side. No option for just an adapter on one side I guess. I haven't seen for myself but I'd check to be sure!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • I reaaaaalllyyy want the Uppa Baby Vista Double stroller. If I hit the lottery I may be able to afford it...