Baby Names

Stuck between two names!!!

mztiffanilynnmztiffanilynn member
edited November 2015 in Baby Names
My Hubby and I are currently TTC and we've had names picked our for both genders for quite some time but I had a new idea for the girl name. Decemeber. So we are stuck between Halayna Jane or December Jane. We just want outside inputs. Thanks :)

Re: Stuck between two names!!!

• Yea Helena is beautiful

• Loading the player...
  • Well anything is better than Halayna so ill go with December i guess
  • It is supposed to be spelled Helena I just spelled it that way cause that's how we want it to be pronounced.
  • It is supposed to be spelled Helena I just spelled it that way cause that's how we want it to be pronounced.

Oh thank god.

Yes Helena is beautiful, December pales in comparison.
  • Thank you Helena is a name we've loved for years but my husband just said he's still uncertain he really liked how different December is.
  • so much no to December.. that's just not a name. it's a month. Helena is much, much better.

also, stranger danger tip: i wouldn't be posting your child's full name online. you just never know. & now a days, it's incredibly easy for people to get ahold of an incredible amount of info about someone from just a name.
  • Yeah the more we keep saying it the less appealing it sounds. And thanks for looking out :) I edited the last name out.
  • Helena Jane is lovely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Yeah the more we keep saying it the less appealing it sounds. And thanks for looking out :) I edited the last name out.

oh no worries. i was hoping it didnt come across as rude. but some people are creeps & you always wanna be safe than sorry! Helena is a beautiful name tho. & not very common either, so definitely a winner IMO.
  • Not definetly not rude. I really appreciate I'm a but new to this if that wasn't already obvious. Yeah I don't think I can stray from Helena Jane it's unique and I love it lol. Thanks for the input :)
  • I'm gonna stuck with Helena Jane thanks for all your inputs I really appreciate it!
  • Helena Jane
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Love Helena Jane!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I think you need to spell Helena correctly otherwise you might get some pretty bad judgements, and ditch December.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: May '15
    M/C: May '15
    Expecting DS: April '16

Does this mean that you are actually going to spell it Helena? Or the other way? Because following posts seem to indicate that you will spell it Helena, but this part sounds like you plan to spell it Halayna because that is how you want people to pronounce it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Helena if you are spelling it that way (NOT Halayna - that is not a name) otherwise December because it is spelled correct.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Helena if you are spelling it like that otherwise December. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am spelling it Helena. I dont like weird spellings of names. But I do want it be pronounced like Ha-lay-na.
  • Helena Jane is lovely. Jane is also my DD's middle name so I love it. I'm glad you're going to stick with Helena, December is a big no.
  • Helena!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Helena far beats December, but I think she'll constantly have to correct pronunciation if you deviate from "Helen-ah" like Helena Bonham-Carter.
    BtN says this: he-LE-nah (German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Polish), hay-LAY-nah (Dutch), HE-le-nah (Finnish)
    Anniversary 
  • Helena, so beautiful!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • No to December
    Yes to Helena

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Thanks everyone!! We've fully decided to stick with Helena Jane as we've had planned. :)
  • Helena is much better then December.