2nd Trimester
Options

feeling baby on the outside

Is it possible to feel and be able to see your baby move on the outside. I lost about 10 lbs my first month and haven't put any on at all but my stomach is noticeably bigger. Has anyone ever felt there baby on the outside this early?

Re: feeling baby on the outside

• Options
    Oh and I'm 19 weeks today
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything on the outside until I was 21 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started feeling regular movement (in other words, not gas bubbles) around 17.5 weeks. I'm 19w2d now and just in the past two days my husband has been able to feel movement from the outside. It has happened at night while we're lying in bed. I lie on my back or my left side and feel movement and then put his hand over my abdomen (about two inches below my navel) and he can feel them. He says it feels like a muscle spasm.

I'm not sure if height/weight has anything to do with it, but for the record I'm about 5'5'' and 142 pounds. I've gained about 6 pounds so far and this is my first pregnancy.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Options
    I did, and actually so did my doctor and H while I was at a check up. It was definitely early, but it's possible. And it's nothing compared to what you can feel now at 25 weeks!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    Is it possible to feel and be able to see your baby move on the outside. I lost about 10 lbs my first month and haven't put any on at all but my stomach is noticeably bigger. Has anyone ever felt there baby on the outside this early?
    At 19 weeks I am doubtful that this happens even for the thinnest of pregnant women. I didn't feel either child on the outside until the very end. So I would say no.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think it's possible. I've felt a few of mine that early and they only get stronger :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I felt mine outside at week 22 and now at week 28 the movement in the tummy is visible as well.
  • Options
    My husband was able to feel kicks when I was at 17 weeks. We were both really surprised by how early he could feel it, but I started out really small.
  • Options
    it varies from woman to woman. I've had some kicks hard enough to be seem from the outside. most of the time i can only feel them tho. SO is getting really anxious about finally getting to see for himself, hahah. I'm 20w4d.
  • Options
    I could at 18 weeks. If I laid on my back I could also sometimes tell what side he was on because it was bigger than the other.
  • Options
    Yup, my husband and I could feel occasional kicks from the outside at 18 weeks! And I started feeling flutters inside at about 11 weeks! And it's my first pregnancy. Now I'm 23 weeks and the kicks are way stronger and go on all day.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am almost 22 weeks and I've been feeling outside kicks for at least a week now. This is my second, so I know what I'm feeling.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    I have felt my baby move since 16.5 weeks, and was able to see my belly move with kicks shortly after. I can DEFINITELY see him now at 21 weeks moving.. My dog had his head resting on my belly the other day and his head was bobbing with every kick lol! My strong little baby lol
  • Options
    YES! it is possible! I'm 19 weeks and can feel my baby from the outside with my hand, and yesterday DH felt him for the first time. 
  • Options
    My husband felt his first kick on the outside at 20 weeks.  He has been able to feel movement on the outside multiple times every day from 21 weeks on.  Now at 24 weeks, we watch my belly move all over and I personally feel the movements from the outside nearly every time baby gets active during the day

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    I felt from the outside this week for the first time. I'm 21 weeks and overweight! I think it just depends on baby/mama (: