Baby Names

meaningful middle name for girl?

Hubby and I still need a middle name if we have a girl (not finding out gender). Her first name would be Amelia. But we really wanted something meaningful for a middle name. He wants the middle name to be someone from his family but -I'm not exaggerating-- every one of his family members' names are the middle names or first names of his sisters already. He has 11 sisters and for some reason, reusing a middle name bothers me because I really wanted us to be original. BUT my husband doesn't want a name just because it's "pretty". So I'm looking for suggestions that have a good meaning, preferably something with Christianity? 

My only thoughts so far have been:

Amelia Ever 
Amelia Trinity

Anyone else have an idea?? Seriously, throw anything out there!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: meaningful middle name for girl?

• Faith, Hope, or Joy are nice virtue names. Ruth is biblical and pairs perfectly with Amelia.
  • Biblical

Ruth
    Esther
    Mary
    Miriam
    Bethel
    Eve
    Leah
    Naomi
    Sarah
    Tamar

• Loading the player...
  • My first thoughts were Faith or Grace, but I LOVE Amelia Ruth.

Are there any family names on your side you could use?

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • My first thought was Amelia Grace as well! Not sure if that has enough meaning for you though.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • What about a feminized version of a significant male family member's name? For instance, our daughter's middle name is Josephine after her grandfather Joe, who died shortly after she was born.
  • Ever since I read Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love, I've loved the name Tirzah. It's Hebrew for "beloved" or "she is my delight."

It doesn't flow the best with Amelia, but is a meaningful name. 

Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Ever since I read Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love, I've loved the name Tirzah. It's Hebrew for "beloved" or "she is my delight."

It doesn't flow the best with Amelia, but is a meaningful name. 

</blockquote

----boxes----

That name really seems to be growing in popularity. I have two friends with young daughters named that.

I like Faith, Hope, Grace, Joy. Those all flow really nicely.
  • If you want a family name, what about using a last name? My son has my mom's maiden name as his middle name and this baby will have my mil's maiden name as a middle name.
    And something really special, all of me and my cousin's first born children all have same middle name (our mom's maiden name). It is a special thing that nobody can take away from them. The kids all love it too.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • I just wrote this on someone else's post but I'll share on yours too--- you could use a name that represents a special memory between you and your hubby... Any towns that have nice names that you visited? Names
    Of artists you like? Colors that represent something to you. Etc etc get creative... We did this with both of our sons... And I love it.... But disclaimer: we chose names that were NAMES... Nothing that was too abstract and weird.
  • Glory?

I love that name. A lot of people don't. But i really do. 
  • I just wrote this on someone else's post but I'll share on yours too--- you could use a name that represents a special memory between you and your hubby... Any towns that have nice names that you visited? Names Of artists you like? Colors that represent something to you. Etc etc get creative... We did this with both of our sons... And I love it.... But disclaimer: we chose names that were NAMES... Nothing that was too abstract and weird.
    This! I know someone with three kids, and all of their middle names have to do with where they were at the time. When their son was born, they lived in another country and his middle name has to do with a spot that they loved to visit in that country. Their daughter, was born when they lived in the first house that they ever owned, and her middle name is the street that they lived on (luckily the street they lived on was a female name anyway). And their last child has the middle name of the county that they live in now. All three of their names are actual names, so they are not weird or sound made up (Example: Simon, Belle, Lewis).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic