2nd Trimester

Fibroids growing with baby

Does anybody have experience with fibroids that grow larger during pregnancy? I'm 12w and my largest fibroid (I have many) has grown from 4 cm pre pregnancy to 8 cm. I know they're generally harmless, but an 8 cm fibroid seems really BIG and the idea of it is freaking me out a little.

Re: Fibroids growing with baby

• What does your doctor say? I have a ton of fibroids as well and did fine with 2 pregnancies.
  • I haven't had a chance to talk with her yet - I found out about the size increase at my NT scan last week, but won't be back in to see the OB for another 2.5 weeks. Will definitely talk to her about it then.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had a chance to talk with her yet - I found out about the size increase at my NT scan last week, but won't be back in to see the OB for another 2.5 weeks. Will definitely talk to her about it then.
    Try not to overthink it until you can meet with your doc :)
  • I have them as well, one is very large and sits right below my rib cage. Very uncomfortable after a meal when baby, stomach, bladder , and fibroids are all fighting for space. You should be ok, but check with doc to be sure.
  • I have 1 fibroid and it has stayed the same size throughout my pregnancy so far (thank god). Mine is about 3cm. Hopefully it won't go any larger. I imagine it causes a lot of discomfort with larger ones and can cause early labor :/
  • Update: My fibroid is now undergoing what's called "red degeneration" which means that it's outgrown it's blood supply and is bleeding into itself. IT'S SUPER PAINFUL but not dangerous for me or baby, and should be done in a week or so.