March 2016 Moms

Thanksgiving Thread!

Re: Thanksgiving Thread!

• Catching up

Day 1: I'm thankful for how excited my husband has been about the babies. He was always on the fence about having kids and it warms my heart how into this pregnancy he's been.

Day 2: I'm thankful for where we live. NorCal is so beautiful with so much to offer and I can't wait to raise the babies here.

Day 3: I'm thankful that all my close friends and family seem to be really happy with their lives right now.

Day 4: I'm thankful for my job. This company has been amazing to me and I'll always appreciate that when I told them I was moving across the country they offered to let me work from home in CA.
  • Loading the player...
  • Day 1: Thankful for my husband and our baby!

Day 2: Thankful for the roof over my head and for a full belly.

Day 3: Thankful for my mother who had helped me through a difficult first trimester.

Day 4: Thankful for the role model that my mother has been for me and her love for her soon to be grandchild.
  • Day 5: I am thankful to be surrounded by loved ones at this point in my life.
  • Day 5: I am so eternally thankful to my mother and food network for teaching me how to cook! I have a pretty good idea that I wouldn't have survived this long without this skill.
  • skruhminskruhmin member
    edited November 2015
    Day 5a I am so overly thankful for our massive garden tub.  Soaking in that baby has majorly helped sciatic/tailbone pain this pregnancy.
    5b My friend is sending me a maternity winter coat and I only have to pay shipping (who wants to buy a new coat for one season anyway??)
    5c There are 3 refills on my inhaler - praise Jesus!!!  Definitely going to use at least 2 of those puppies since I'm 2 weeks past when I first got it.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Day 5: so thankful for my wonderful husband who did all of MY dirty dishes after a baking disaster. I told him not to worry about it because it was my mess not his, but he did it while I wasn't home and said "I don't mind helping out, you're carrying a baby and that's not easy." So thoughtful :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Today I am thankful that I have a job. I need to keep telling myself that or otherwise I might pull a Jersey housewife and start flipping tables lol.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @cmerribury How awful. Thoughts and prayers to your friend.

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Day 1: Thankful for DH. He's very understanding and always makes me laugh when I need it. I just honestly couldn't ask for a better fit.

Day 2: My parents. They've taught me how to have a loving and healthy marriage by example.

Day 3: my siblings (it was my brothers bday). They were my Guinea pig babies! Lol! It's thanks to them that I know how to change diapers, bathe babies, and overall care for them. They are the reason this FTM thing isn't so scary.

Day 4: I'm especially thankful for my sis. Even though she is younger, she's been my rock, my shoulder to cry on when I needed her, and my partner in crime. >:)

Day 5: Thankful for my in-laws. Even though me and my MIL have some major issues, they've expressed nothing but love and concern for baby. :)

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @cmerribury Oh, my heart goes out to her. Many of us have been through that feeling of loss and it's the absolute worst.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Thanks, @soxfan9968 and @flowerpower5838, my heart is breaking for her. I know how hard they tried, and she's been sharing so much pregnancy news with me. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Day 5: I'm thankful for my mother who really is what every mom should strive to be.  If I can be an eight of the mom she is I'll be just fine.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • labackerlabacker member
    edited November 2015
    Catching up!

Day 1: Thankful for amazingly supportive and loving friends
    Day 2: Thankful for a husband that will scratch/rub whatever is bothering me at the drop of a hat. (It may or may not be because I went off like a crazy person once when he said he didn't want to rub my back.)
    Day 3: Thankful for a healthy little babe in my belly

Edited to add two more days ... sheesh! I thought it was only November 3rd.

Day 4: Thankful for my crockpot! Seriously, makes dinner to easy.
    Day 5: Thankful for a roof over my head and a cozy bed.

• Day 4: Thankful for my brother and his sweet, wonderful wife. Found out they're moving to FL and am so sad. 
    Day 5: Thankful for my parents. They're the best. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Day 6: I'm thankful that the table of eight children sitting next to me were surprisingly well mannered and didn't ruin our late dinner! (We made sure to complement the parents before we left too)
  • Day 6: Thankful that my husband works. Even though he works out of state and I don't get to see him on regular basis. But at least he has a job.
  • Day 6: I'm thankful for days off and the chance to sleep in since I never seem to get enough sleep anymore!! And yes, I now consider sleeping till 7 as sleeping in...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Day 6: I am thankful that it is Friday and we have nothing planned this weekend.  I'm so happy I could cry.  We are busy people.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Day 6: I'm thankful it's Friday
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Day 7: I'm thankful for my wonderful friends who can always brighten my mood no matter how bad of a day I may be having.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I'm thankful that I love to cook and bake and that God blessed me with that ability. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Day 7: I'm thankful to have a career in what I trained for, and the opportunity to play in a wonderful orchestra with great colleagues. (And Baby Girl loves the music, too!) We have an amazing soloist for this weekend's concerts (violinist Lara St. John, if she's familiar to any of you!), and I'm just soaking it in!
  • Today I am thankful for second tri energy that helped me get so much done!

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Day 8: I'm thankful for a welcoming and loving church family :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Day 9 (missed a few so I'll do a few to make up for it): I'm thankful that 9 years ago today I took a chance and met my MySpace stalker in person.  Married him 1 1/2 years later.  And here we are now, pregnant with baby #3 and in the house of our dreams.  Life is so good. 

I'm also thankful that last night before bed was the last time I had to use my inhaler and I didn't wake up with any coughing fits - first night in 2 1/2 weeks!!! 

I'm so thankful for my boys - DS1 is getting into superheroes and it's just so much fun watching his giant personality.  Yesterday he earned an iron man mask for great behavior and being extra helpful and he hasn't taken it off since.  DS2 is our little goofball - a day doesn't go by where he doesn't make us laugh.  He's hilarious.  He's a little cuddle bug.  I'm just so in love with my boys it hurts.  I can't wait to see what DS3 will be like.

I'm thankful that for the first weekend in 6 1/2 months we didn't have to use my in-laws to watch our boys for some reason or another - it felt good just to be self sufficient as a family.  I'm sure they enjoyed the time off too. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Today I'm thankful that we'll have a house full of people we love this Thanksgiving!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Day 8: I am thankful that my husband is turning into a "yes man" when I need him to be. I work about 60 hours a week and he has really picked up the slack I have left by being so tired. This weekend we (and I mean mostly him with some me) cleaned the whole house, put a second coat of paint up in the baby's room, finished laundry and managed to have a date day yesterday.

Day 9: I am thankful for the direction in which the wind naturally blows in my front yard so that I don't have to rake it. Ever. Thank you Mother Nature, you da best. 

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Day 9: I am thankful it was a safe and fun deer hunting opening weekend in my area.  

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Day 9: thankful that my husband is the clean one between the two of us...he made me help clean our apartment while waiting for dinner to cook and it looks so much better :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Day 10: thankful I have a job to go to, even if most days I would rather lay on the couch and do nothing.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"