June 2016 Moms

Uterus pain!? Please help!!

Hello ladies,

Some mornings I wake up and I feel a pain in my sides. It almost feels like my ovaries. It's a dull pain almost like a pulled muscle. I really only feel it when I sneeze or cough. Is this normal!? It's my first baby and I am 5 w and 4 d.

Re: Uterus pain!? Please help!!

• In my world this is totally normal. ALL the time.  *sigh*   My doctor says it's just my body adjusting to make room for my future big ol belly.  Annoying as heck?  yes.  But worth it I hear  :)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yes, normal. You might even get some lower back pain too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!!!
  • Google round ligament pain. Very normal to have some pain around your uterus as the space stretches, keep in mind by week 7 baby is 10,000 times as big as it was in wk3! :)
  • My doc said it's normal. Its not normal if it's agonizingly painful and debilitating. Twinges that go away with rest are OK.
  • I was just going to post this question. I had cramping for a few days when I found out (i found out at 3 weeks 1 day) and then nothing and the last few days I've had random twinges in my uterus. I'm not TOO worried because a heating pad for literally a minute makes it go away, and so does stretching my hip flexor. I have a Dr appointment next Sunday and will be 6+4 and am hoping she'll do an u/s to confirm not ectopic or tell me I'm totally fine and be good to go. Google made me freak out haha
  • Keep in mind that your uterus is literally growing and stretching to accommodate a human being. You are bound to have some aches, pains, pulls, twinges, etc throughout your pregnancy. As PP said, if it's agonizing pain or doesn't go away that's when it might indicate a problem. Try not to worry! Easier said than done sometimes, I know.
  • FYI this gets worse as you get bigger, then it moves into your vag and is referred to as "lightening crotch". It's about as awesome as it sounds
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Yes-"lightning crotch" is awful! I've basically felt like I'm recovering from a really tough ab workout....every single day. It's definitely the round ligament pain. These forums have helped a ton- great way to make sense of all these crazy things happening to me!
  • My opening of my vagina hurts before bed like mini contractions. Is that normal too??
  • Not sure. My couch feels almost bruised.. I haven't had sex in weeks! No idea if that's normal or why...
  • My crutch feels bruised too! No sex for me either!!