TTC After a Loss

Anyone been told they have PCOS?

As some of you may know from the miscarriage/loss board we lost our baby at 12 weeks and I have been desperate for answers as to why. Recently my midwife told us we should think about being tested for PCOS since my periods are so irregular and I don't believe I ovulate every month...if anyone has had it confirmed that they have this and can explain their story to me I would appreciate it, thank you

Re: Anyone been told they have PCOS?

• Thank you @Igem4 for the link. I use to think I had PCOS due to irregular cycle, it would come every other month. This late year I have gotten every month but some months I didn't feel like I was ovulating, but that was really the only symptom I had. We got pregnant within 3 weeks once we stopped using protection and we miscarried at 12 weeks, so because my cycle our midwife suggested testing for PCOS before we try again. but we can't test till December and I don't know how I feel about waiting that long. I'm very sorry to hear about your babies Gino and Ella...I wish you well in the future.
  • Thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.

While I don't have first hand advice/experience I do know someone who has been diagnosed with PCOS and she has discussed with me the plan of action for her ttc journey (i.e metformin, clomid, etc). I've also heard that eating a diet containing foods with a low glycemic index can help. I've gone through 2 early losses/CPs this summer and after meeting with my OB he has given me prometrium to jumpstart a cycle so I can get the CD3 & CD21 testing done as he thinks it's possible I may have PCOS (I think due to my slightly irregular/longer cycles and that I am a smidge overweight).

Once I hear back about my results and if in fact my diagnosis is PCOS I'll gladly share my results/ what my ttc journey may entail with you if you are still interested in finding out more information.

{{hugs}} and wishing you the best!
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @R0824H thank you and yes I would like to hear what they tell you...Wishing you the best
  • I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 21 years old. I ttc with my first husband for three years prior to that. We got divorced shortly after I was diagnosed. Nine months later I met the man who is now my husband. We worked out together a lot and shortly after being together (just four months) I found out I was pregnant. That pregnancy went well. She is now five years old. When she was two and a half I found out I was pregnant a second time. Sadly, at thirteen weeks I lost that pregnancy. After many tests we found out because of the PCOS my progesterone levels were too low to support a healthy pregnancy. So now we are ttc I will be starting progesterone in order to sustain the hopeful pregnancy. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is difficult.
  • @jswag 112 thank you for sharing your story with me it was also very helpful and i will be talking with my midwife over other options. a big thing that makes me don't that i have PCOS is that over the past 6 months my cycles has been every month and it only took us three week to conceive after removing protection. very confusing time. but again thank you all for the help and support
  • I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago- I've had irregular cycles for many years and experienced a significant weight gain. I had no idea this was a symptom but it was a relief as I was pretty harsh on myself regarding the weight gain. When I hit 198lbs, they tested me and found the cysts and I have been on Merformin since. It has been a miracle pill for me. I lost 58lbs and had regular cycles again. I miscarried at 12 weeks as well, but it sounds like it was due to a septate uterus. Still waiting for AF 5wks later.
    I took the regular form of Metformin (which I call the devil pill) for over a year but switched to the extended release Metformin and have had an amazing experience since.
    I really hope you get the answers and treatment you need!
  • @loveinak thank you and thank you for sharing your story, I wish you the best moving forward
  • @ssnova I also have regular periods. My cycles are only slightly longer than 28 days. Mine stay between 30-32 days. What gave them the first idea that I had it was the way I carry my weight and how quickly I put it on. As I got older I had other symptoms. I started to get get hair growth on my chin and my testosterone levels were slightly higher that they were suppose to be. With my first husband I did have issues getting pregnant, and now he's experiencing trouble getting pregnant with his current wife so I'm thinking the issues weren't solely with me. With my husband now it seems like I don't have the issues getting pregnant but keeping the pregnancy during the first trimester. It's frustrating trying to figure out what's going on with me. I hate that answers aren't easy to find. Good luck with everything!!
  • I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2013 at 33, after 6 months of TTC. I had irregular periods and charting wasn't working because my temps were all over the place. I managed to conceive the cycle I was diagnosed and now have a healthy 2 year old. We conceived twice this year and had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and a chemical pregnancy.I see my doctor in two weeks and plan on asking about metformin.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers