November 2015 Moms
Options

It's Thursday!

So share those unpopular opinions.

Re: It's Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not wishing for time to pass quickly until baby's due date. Seeing that there's two weeks left is kinda freaking me out. And I've got a lot of loose ends to tie up at work....
  • Options
    mrsaragon said:

I don't want anyone else in the room besides my husband when baby comes. Mother in law doesn't comprehend. I don't even want my own mother in the room, don't know why she thinks I would make an exception for her. We live a quarter mile from our hospital we will be delivering at, so I can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her I don't want anyone coming to the hospital until a few hours after he's actually here. No point in waiting in the waiting area when we won't be letting anyone back there.

My mother is convinced she's going to be in the delivery room. She'll say things like she will be really quiet in the corner and not say a word and I won't even know she's there. HAH. Nope. There is the littlest chance I might want her in there, but it's so small that I would never even say that to her.
  • Options
    MIL lives down the street and insists that I sleep at her house for the next few weeks because SO has had to work overnight shifts at his job. She's afraid I'll go into labor while he's at work. Hell no am I staying there. First, I do not want to sleep on their basement couch, I've done it a few times and it's terrible. Second, I want privacy. I do not want my water breaking on said couch, when contractions start I want access to my birth ball, shower, bath, and my home. I do not want SO's whole family to watch me labor, especially since I plan to labor mostly at home. I'm a FTM so I feel like if I need SO to come home from work to take me to the hospital, he would absolutely make it in time. Although it was sweet of MIL to ask (although she kinda just told me instead of asked), I feel like this is her excuse to join me in the labor room which is just not happening. And she is not taking no for an answer about me staying there!
  • Options
    mrsaragon said:

I don't want anyone else in the room besides my husband when baby comes. Mother in law doesn't comprehend. I don't even want my own mother in the room, don't know why she thinks I would make an exception for her. We live a quarter mile from our hospital we will be delivering at, so I can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her I don't want anyone coming to the hospital until a few hours after he's actually here. No point in waiting in the waiting area when we won't be letting anyone back there.

Your situation sounds exactly like mine. MIL was not too pleased on our whole- we will call you once he's born. Oh well!
  • Options

This will probably ruffle some feathers but... I can’t get on board with people that make a registry with expensive gifts & expect people to buy those said gifts. Then give a fit when they don't get what they have requested. A registry is just an idea, no one is obligated to buy from it. You chose to get pregnant so therefore it's your responsibility to provide for that child. Be thankful for any kind of gift you get whether it's from the registry or not. Every little helps!!
    I agree.  My mom actually kept bugging me to add 'more' and more expensive gifts to my registry.  A good chunk of what people bought for our baby showers (more than one due to DH's and my families not living close together) were not from the registry, or were similar items but not exactly the same.  It was only close family (parents, grandparents, etc) that bought the truly expensive stuff- and we had no expectations for them do so.  We would have happily bought it ourselves! 
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    sadyy131 said:
    MIL lives down the street and insists that I sleep at her house for the next few weeks because SO has had to work overnight shifts at his job. She's afraid I'll go into labor while he's at work. Hell no am I staying there. First, I do not want to sleep on their basement couch, I've done it a few times and it's terrible. Second, I want privacy. I do not want my water breaking on said couch, when contractions start I want access to my birth ball, shower, bath, and my home. I do not want SO's whole family to watch me labor, especially since I plan to labor mostly at home. I'm a FTM so I feel like if I need SO to come home from work to take me to the hospital, he would absolutely make it in time. Although it was sweet of MIL to ask (although she kinda just told me instead of asked), I feel like this is her excuse to join me in the labor room which is just not happening. And she is not taking no for an answer about me staying there!
    Nope, nope, nope! If she lives right down the street then it's good to know that "she's just a phone call away" if you need her. FWIW, I was originally planning on having my baby in my hometown for financial reasons, which is about two and a half hours away from where I live now. There were several reasons we chose not to, but one of my main points was that I could only tolerate my mother in small doses before I got pregnant - I didn't want to even think about living with her again from October until I gave birth. Let alone laboring with her in my face. And that's my own mom.
  • Options
    Never written on one of these but today I'm crabby so mine is that my fiance got a kitten because we have been having an issue with field mice. Point is i hate her she's annoying always licking herself and clawing furniture. She constantly wants to crawl on baby stuff and rip the carpet and chew on things. I bought her toys but no she want to mess up everything else not to mention can't eat a meal in peace with out her begging and crying and meowing the whole time!
  • Options
    Thank you I will try these things because she is honestly making me want to throw her across the room I know that sounds mean but she is horrible. I will try your advice !!!
  • Options
    My UO is I never cared who was in my delivery room. I always just wanted my DH by my side and he was the only one I wanted talking but didn't care who else was watching. Although with this last one (#4) I wanted my mommy!!! It surprised me and I was so happy she was in the room! I did tell her at one point to shut up when she asked if he was crowning yet, I knew he had a bit, but other than that she was awesome to have there. I'm close to my mom but not really close so it surprised me.
  • Options
    My UO and it just came to me after reading the last post... I really hate the word 'Crowning' I know that it's the proper medical term, but it's just so ugly sounding lol! It's the only one out of all the other nasty gross things about labor and pregnancy that I don't like.
  • Options
    RaisingJulianRaisingJulian member
    edited November 2015

My UO and it just came to me after reading the last post... I really hate the word 'Crowning' I know that it's the proper medical term, but it's just so ugly sounding lol! It's the only one out of all the other nasty gross things about labor and pregnancy that I don't like.

My doctor calls it the Ring Of Fire lol
  • Options

Crowning is okay to me.. I wish we could call our mucus plugs something else though. I hate the word "swab" or "sweep" when it has to do with my vagina. "Membrane sweep" !? Ew. There is so much unattractive terminology associated with childbirth.
    To an extent, that is one thing I like about the few hypno-birthing things I've read; an in insistence to call things in more reassuring words. Like, our water doesn't "break", it "releases". Lol. I know it is the same thing really, however it has been shown that how we call and name something directly correlates to how we feel and relate to that thing. We really could benefit from not strictly using the terms science has given us for childbirth and woman's bodies! (Coming from a science geek!)
  • Options

Here's another UO - I'm not alarmed at all by weight guesstimates. I feel like it's more of a circumference issues than what your kid might weight. Cool, he might weigh 9 pounds - but how big around is his head? 

My son ended up being way bigger than guesstimated and his head was 14.5! He's a hoss! Made me more appreciative that I had to have a RCS.
  • Options

Okay here's mine.   I can't stand it when people get elitist about "natural birth" or act like C-sections are some kind of damn tragedy.   First, it's nobody's damn business how another woman has to deliver her baby.  Second, chances are good that if it's by C-section it really is the only way babies can come out of her.   Maybe she has had an emotional struggle with this and had to make peace with that fact.   That doesn't mean she has been "duped" by money-grubbing doctors.   I'm having a RCS because my other two children were born via emergency C-section after laboring for SEVERAL DAYS with no real progress and then going into distress.   So yeah...my DH my OB and I all felt like it was best to just schedule one this time and save everyone (baby especially) the stress and agony.   Chaps my hide when people act like I'm not even trying or I scheduled it for convenience.    MYOFB!!!   X(

Can't love tit this enough! Seems like everyone who had one has to have some serious medical reason for it in their birth story. Mine is that LO is sitting pretty and shows no signs of being ready anytime soon(not dialated at all), my dr won't let me go passed my due date and will not induce, which means i have a greater chance of having one anyway after that and at any point in time can become an emergency. Well I had an emergency sec with my first and would rather avoid all of that at all costs and just do a RCS. It's like bf shaming too. If someone doesn't want to do it, it's their business so STFU with your opinions.
  • Options

Thank you I will try these things because she is honestly making me want to throw her across the room I know that sounds mean but she is horrible. I will try your advice !!!

Also you can try balloons if the cat is jumping into things like the crib, etc. once those claws make contact and they pop, I doubt the cat will try that again!
  • Options

Also you can try balloons if the cat is jumping into things like the crib, etc. once those claws make contact and they pop, I doubt the cat will try that again!
    Lol that sounds like some amusement I like that idea too
  • Options
    I agree with the C section shaming.  My first birth was vaginal and all went well.  My second was a c section, not planned, but he ended up being feet first when i went into labor, so the C-section was performed.  Now it's my third and I am having a scheduled c-section and I feel like I have to explain why to everyone, because many people tend to react negatively that I have it scheduled and that I am planning on it at all.  My doctor recommended it for a few reason, one, my last birth was a c-section and there is some risk associated with that, and mostly because I have a very large fibroid right above my cervix which could cause excessive bleeding and difficulty for the baby to pass through.  So it is the safest option to do another c-section.  And for the record, I thought my vaginal birth was so much easier and would definitely chose to that again over another c-section if it were an equally safe option.  So it's not like getting a c-section is easier.  At least, it wasn't for me.  
  • Options
    I don't understand why people feel it is their right to ask why you're having a cs once they find out. I had people at work (who work at another company that shares the building we're in, so I really don't know them) ask me about it yesterday when they were making small talk with me - which consisted of the standard round of questions surrounding the baby. When I explained we know she's coming on the 17th at the latest, they asked if it was a cs so I said yes. They immediately wanted to know why. I just responded with b/c that's what the doctor said I needed to do. Stop asking personal questions, twats.

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21