TTC After a Loss
Options

Baby Making is Hard

We are trying for the first time since our miscarriage in September.  I was so excited after my first period, thinking we could finally move forward.  I used OPKs my cycles before our BFP and got positives 2-3 days before ovulating. I usually ovulate between CD16-CD18 and NOTHING yet!!  DH and I have been trying so hard and the monotony is really getting annoying...I hate that baby making has to be this hard.  I am so worried I will not ovulate :(

Re: Baby Making is Hard

• Options
    ekgray82ekgray82 member
    edited November 2015
    I hear ya! I had my D&C on 9/30 and I'm still waiting for my first period. We want to TTC as soon as possible so the wait is excruciating! Really hoping I get it soon! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I didn't ovulate the first cycle after my d&c but I did the 2nd and currently ovulating in the third. I think there are heaps of woman whose cycles are a bit hay wire afterwards. If you don't ovulate this cycle just keep trying next cycle.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could never understand that...if you don't ovulate...then when does the cycle end?  Do you still have a period?
  • Options
    @ mrsmommya You can still have a period even if you don't ovulate because if you don't become pregnant, for what ever reason, the lining will shed because nothing has implanted. If I understand it correctly. Doesn't a cycle run period to period? 
  • Options
    Yes, you'll still get a period.  You may also just ovulate late this cycle.  My first two cycles after my d&e were extra long.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I am right there with y'all! This is my first cycle since we came off the bench. WTO and have about a week to go. The suspense is killing me!!!! I want to get pregnant this month so badly! I want to be able to tell our immediate family when we're all together for Christmas.
  • Options
    @mrsmommya, have you been taking OPKs once a day? We used them when we got our BFP, too. I found that one day I was negative for LH surge in the morning and positive that night. I read in TCOYF that sometimes OPKs don't tell you accurately because if your LH surge only lasts 12 hours, you might miss it. The only way to tell for sure is temp spike after the fact. Fingers crossed that it happens soon and you get a BFP this month!
  • Options
    A period is your bodies natural reaction to the drop in hormones. You have hormones that thicken up the lining that stop getting produced after a certain amount of time by your body (depending on your cycle length). When you are pregnant another hormone takes over and keeps the lining, or if you are not pregnant the lining sheds.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    I understand how you feel. I haven't been consistent with using OPK since our miscarriage in June. But the month before last I randomly decide to take 1, 2 weeks after I thought I had ovulated and I got a positive turns out I just ovulated 2 weeks late. My cycle has fluctuated between 35 and 45 days since my miscarriage. if trying wasn't hard enough By it's self the waiting game with long cycles only makes it worse.

Hopefully we all get BFP soon.
  • Options
    @dinino32444 tell me about it! I have average cycles of about 40 days. That with the fact it took AF 14 weeks to return is driving me nuts. I had my D&C in June and on cycle day 32 of my 1st cycle post D&C. Feels like I've wasted SO much time!
  • Options
    My cycle after my miscarriage on 9/29 was 35 days. AF just ended today after starting 10/31. Definitely was told cycles and ovulation can be off, just keep tracking and fx for you! So excited and scared to start trying this month [-O<
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kmmharrison  I have been doing once a day in the pattern that I had the 2 months before my BFP.  Basically take one in the afternoon and if it was close to positive took another before bed and it was positive.  This time I haven't come anywhere near a close positive.  I am just praying I missed the surge with the opks and will ovulate by Friday.  All this baby dancing for nothing will have me super bummed!
  • Options

I didn't ovulate until day 20 my first cycle after miscarriage (usually day 15-16).  I wasn't thinking I wouldn't ovulate that cycle, but finally got the positive OPK, and am now 6 weeks pregnant.

Good luck!

• Options
    took my 45 days to O right after my first loss, hang in there!
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker