Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Broken.

jessmeier15jessmeier15 member
edited November 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I was supposed to be 10 weeks this Saturday. This past Sunday I had some brown spotting. Tuesday I had brown spotting still with stringy brown discharge. Wednesday it turned to red spotting, with large amounts of red discharge. I went to the ER because it just didn't feel right and the US tech could not find a baby.

(Look at post below for rest of post.) 

Re: Broken.

• jessmeier15jessmeier15 member
    edited November 2015
  • Alright. I'm going to try again to post this. I was supposed to be 10 weeks this Saturday. This past Sunday I had some brown spotting. Tuesday I had brown spotting still with stringy brown discharge. Wednesday it turned to red spotting, with large amounts of red discharge. I went to the ER because it just didn't feel right and the US tech could not find a baby. I saw the baby at 6 weeks and baby had a healthy heart beat and was in a great spot. 9 1/2 weeks yesterday and to find out I some how lost my baby sometime between now and the last 3 weeks. How does this happen? How does baby just disappear with out any symptoms? I am heart broken. While at the ER last night, the Dr saw I was A-. So they gave me the RH shot. So many questions running through my head. Did my body fight off this baby? Did I lose it because I got pregnant so fast after being on birth control? I just want answers and I hope these sad depressed feelings go away. :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Although my situation isn't exactly the same it is similar. I should be 10w2d but my sac only measured 6w with no baby. I am basically left waiting to miscarry now. I also have a lot of questions and am waiting to hear from my PCP on what to do next.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I am so so sorry. I found out about my miscarriage on Monday and am now waiting to miscarry. I completely understand all of the questions you have, me and my DH both felt like we just wanted to know why, what did we do, what could we have done differently. Unfortunately, the answer is nothing. It's not your fault and it is not because of getting pregnant right after quitting birth control. I am not a doctor but this is what I've learned (I only took midwifery courses in order to pursue certification at one point): They give you the shot before birth or before/after a miscarriage to avoid complications with your immune system fighting the baby's + blood type as when you miscarry or have the baby, babe's blood will be in your system. Most women only need the RhoGAM shot when delivering but some benefit from it while pregnant once they've already been pregnant before as they have probably already developed antibodies that could affect baby. Do not feel that it was your fault because your body fought the baby, this is not how this happens. Please be kind to yourself as this can happen for many other reasons. Before birth, your and your baby's blood is compartmentalized and completely separate, this is why the shot is administered at birth or miscarriage. Did your doctor see you as soon as you started spotting?

You might benefit from reading this:
    https://www.pregnancy.org/article/rh-incompatibility-and-why-you-need-rhogam
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am so so sorry. I found out about my miscarriage on Monday and am now waiting to miscarry. I completely understand all of the questions you have, me and my DH both felt like we just wanted to know why, what did we do, what could we have done differently. Unfortunately, the answer is nothing. It's not your fault and it is not because of getting pregnant right after quitting birth control. I am not a doctor but this is what I've learned (I only took midwifery courses in order to pursue certification at one point): They give you the shot before birth or before/after a miscarriage to avoid complications with your immune system fighting the baby's + blood type as when you miscarry or have the baby, babe's blood will be in your system. Most women only need the RhoGAM shot when delivering but some benefit from it while pregnant once they've already been pregnant before as they have probably already developed antibodies that could affect baby. Do not feel that it was your fault because your body fought the baby, this is not how this happens. Please be kind to yourself as this can happen for many other reasons. Before birth, your and your baby's blood is compartmentalized and completely separate, this is why the shot is administered at birth or miscarriage. Did your doctor see you as soon as you started spotting?

You might benefit from reading this:
    https://www.pregnancy.org/article/rh-incompatibility-and-why-you-need-rhogam

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom no. I called my dr concerned on Monday and she didn't seem too concerned. I think if maybe I was having symptoms, maybe? But I called again Wednesday morning and she said not to worry unless it turns bright red with a heavy flow. Well no heavy flow, but bright red with large chunks of what looked like things we would see on our period.:( I knew something was right, that's when we went to the ER.

I am so sorry that you are waiting to misscarry. I'm sure that is not easy.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I too am struggling to understand how a healthy looking baby with a good heartbeat just dies. At first I was ready to do all sorts of testing to find out why, but everything I've read says it's most often just a chromosomal problem. Please know it's not your fault and there's nothing you could have done. 
  • @jessmeier15 just promise me you'll go easy on yourself. I felt responsible for what happened with my baby but those feelings come from the shock and the fact that you never expect to be the one to miscarry, no matter how scared you are of the possibility while pregnant.

I had a similar experience as I started spotting brown on Saturday (I didn't call my doctor because he told us not to worry if it was not red and we knew HCG wasn't doubling). I called the doc on Sunday when it became bright red and he prepared us for the worst.

I'm so sorry. I guess all we have left to do now is just grieve in the way that best benefits us :(
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @jessmeier15 I'm very sorry for your loss as well the other ladies on the post. We miscarried at 12w..good heartbeat at 8w then brown discharge at 11w4d went in for US the next day and no HB. its a devastating feeling, very hopeless. nothing against anybody on this post but i didn't listen when people told me there was nothing I could have done (although they may have been right, we are still trying to figure that part out). i never felt like it was "fluke thing" as my previous OB stated and about a week after our loss i bought a book and started reading every article i could get my hands on about miscarriage in the first 12 weeks. i was able to narrow down a list to specific things that would apply to me and our miscarriage, from this and my medical records I've discovered that my progestogen levels were lower then they should have been and may have been part of the problem. I've gotten lot of closer from doing the research, only then have i really started to believe this may have been out of our hands. when you are ready if you feel like you need answers i would go out and look for them. I know i did..I needed to know what happen to our baby or at least try to find out. As I've said before..The pain of losing a child never goes away, but instead we find a place inside ourselves to carry our children and push forward for them. again my mean to offense to anyone on this board and i think everyone needs to do whats best for them, this was just the way we needed to do it. I think with time things will get better, but there will always be things that bring the pain rushing back..thats the reality after this kinda of tragedy. I wish you all the best.