Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone have to delay circumcision?

Anyone have to delay circumcision? When did you have it done? How did it go?

Re: Anyone have to delay circumcision?

• When do you want to do it ? I always heard the earlier the better.
  • Our boys were in the NICU for 12 days and they wanted to wait until they were bigger to circumsize them. They had it done around 6wks. They have this plastic ring they put on and it falls off after a week or so. Honestly it was not bad at all. Their two month shots were more traumatic I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's not required.
  • I did my sons at 10 days. My insurance didnt cover it boo. My hubby isnt circumcised and his 2 other boys are not either. Def a hygiene issue. My 3 other boys are so my baby def got it done. He didnt even cry. The dr numbed him and i rubbed his head and talked to him. He was fussy for a few days but he was ok.
  • We had to wait for a Drs apt and didn't have his done until he was 25 days old. I was very stressed about waiting that long but he was totally fine; didn't even cry.
  • We are doing it at 2 weeks. That's when we could get the appointment. You can do it up to 6 weeks after birth.
  • I had to delay my older sons until he was 15 months old. This was because he had a condition called hypospadius. We had to wait until he was older because he needed to have surgery to correct that and they needed the foreskin for the repair. Even at that age he did very well. He had a stent(stint?) Put in to drain his urine and even then he didn't seem too phased. I think I was more traumatized than he was. My youngest son had his right after birth though.
  • We are doing it at 2 weeks. That's when we could get the appointment. You can do it up to 6 weeks after birth.
    I'm confused. Why do you have to do it by 6 weeks? Are you referring to insurance coverage or some other technicality?

Men can be circumcised at any point in their lives, there certainly isn't a 6 week cut off point.
  • I did my sons at 10 days. My insurance didnt cover it boo. My hubby isnt circumcised and his 2 other boys are not either. Def a hygiene issue. My 3 other boys are so my baby def got it done. He didnt even cry. The dr numbed him and i rubbed his head and talked to him. He was fussy for a few days but he was ok.

If your husband and his sons have a hygiene issue I suggest they learn how to wash their genitals correctly as being uncircumcised is not less hygienic!!!
    If your husband and his sons have a hygiene issue I suggest they learn how to wash their genitals correctly as being uncircumcised is not less hygienic!!!

Wow, I didn't even see that comment before.

@Christinam80, maybe if you live somewhere without running water and soap you could make a hygiene argument. Since you obviously have access to the Internet I'm going to assume that's not the case.

My husband is uncircumcised and there are no cleanliness issues, he washes himself properly just like any other adult. Maybe you should talk to your husband about his hygiene and setting an example for his sons.

Wow, I didn't even see that comment before.

@Christinam80, maybe if you live somewhere without running water and soap you could make a hygiene argument. Since you obviously have access to the Internet I'm going to assume that's not the case.

My husband is uncircumcised and there are no cleanliness issues, he washes himself properly just like any other adult. Maybe you should talk to your husband about his hygiene and setting an example for his sons.
    This. Saying it's a hygiene issue is ridic and rude to those that haven't been circ'd. Would you chop off other parts of your body that need to be cleaned thoroughly? Sigh. Sorry. Don't want to start anything but I hate that argument.